Is MX Linux a good alternative to get rid of systemd botnet or should I move to BSD for good...

Is MX Linux a good alternative to get rid of systemd botnet or should I move to BSD for good? It seems there are a few good Mint-like BSD based distros out there

Attached: Working for the Devil.jpg (769x960, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/u/anticapitalista/profile/
github.com/anticapitalista
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was fine until with bsd until the uuid API didn't generate random uuids correctly

Attached: 1548141577783.png (634x153, 37K)

Install Gentoo

This is a serious issue Linux has been compromised by Google, SJWs, NSA, and Linus don't even bother to release kernel updates without major bugs
I'm planning to build a PC only for BSD or something like MX Linux but I'm not sure if it's worth installing something that will crash all the time
I have to use something safe for internet browsing I don't like the idea of low IQ hacks like Lennart and kernel maintainers stealing my data and compromising my system

Can't wait for 2020 to make trannies illegal again

Attached: RIGGERS RIGGING.webm (400x400, 248K)

Use Devuan.

don't they rely on debian packs?

I am with you user... I was planing to go to bsd too... but software I need doesn't seem to be supported by bsds.

Just use TempleOS

>implying linus is still alive

This.
Anyone got the "quote" picture in the message he sent?

is there anything non-systemd that doesn't fucking suck?
everything based on debian is extremely outdated (unstable is really unstable and overall broken)
slackware 14.2 uses a kernel that doesn't support my network cards so I can't update it, and after I spent the entire day installing the current branch I found out more than half of the slackbuilds don't work
artix only has repos hosted in shit servers far away downloading at 100kbps

I have evaluated BSDs for viability over the years and find them not to work out. For example they don't even have vga-passthrough capability yet, and they have severe issues with hardware support. Moreover, there has been some severe bugs reported that makes me worry about their security.
I was also looking at illuminos. While it has vga-passthrough, thus making it even more viable than even the most viable BSD, it still has hardware problems and has even fewer software available than BSDs, therefore I consider it to be even less viable at this point - but a much more likely alternative.
Windows 10 is the worst thing I've ever seen. It's so bad that it actually stole over $100 from me just by running passively because of bandwidth theft, because it doesn't honor its own options.
Overall, I have no clue what to do, but it's been years since I mentioned linux was no longer a good option (mostly because I saw more and more major bugs).

Unironically gentoo is the one and only good OS currently available in my opinion, let alone linux distro. Add the cloveros.ga BINHOST and you get to install binaries for anything that takes time to compile, and to compile everything else with your specific options that you prefer. The defaults for cloveros.ga are usually pretty good too so the binaries are barely an inconvenience.
I find gentoo to be the most stable by a wide margin, and while things sometimes don't compile, if they do compile, they end up working, something that can't be said of other distros which happily install software with incompatible library requirements or ABIs.
It's stable, safe (grsec), has the second most packages of any distro (arch has most) (debian et al. split source, help files, binary variants ("compile flags", see vim for instance) and binary in different package, making it seem like there are more but that's not true), and is systemd-free.

tried a few days ago, compiled some stuff but aborted when I found out I had to recompile everything again because of a dumb flag that, according to a friend of mine, allows me to redistribute binaries (for some reason openssl needed it) and I just said fuck it
might give cloveros a try

Sorry to tell you my brother, but it seems like your friends have mental retardation.

can't recall the thing's name
I was already so pissed off at the man pages for portage that are fucking huge and couldn't tell just how and where to put my use flags
>it seems like your friends have mental retardation.
indeed. he's the reason I don't give gentoo a honest try and force myself to use it
pulseaudio, systemd, desktop environments, any graphical applications, networkmanager, binary packages and anything-they-tell-him-is-bad hater for no real reason, and elitist motherfucker to the point of being annoying
the reason I want a non-systemd distro is because of how much of a jerk lennart poettering is with issues and design, and bugs/vulnerabilities appearing left and right every day
I'd like to avoid a community of people like him like the plage, and I'd rather not use gentoo like he said I should and prove him right
but it seems it's the only way
do cloveros repo servers suck? I'm legit interested, and I'd rather not find this out after installation
and I'm going through my chat history to find that use flag I mentioned

it's bindinst
I didn't google what it was (mainly because when he started talking about it I was already installing another distro) but I will now

coveros servers always max my connection and you can even use the mirrors for parallel downloads if your connection is that fast. It doesn't have all the packages, but it has a very large selection of them. the packages that aren't there are typically package that are near instant to compile yourself. They also take requests if you need a specific niche software and really want them to compile it for you.
bindist means you don't compile the proprietary stuff in a package, it has nothing to do with the ability to redist the binary per se.

ye, the example he gave was firefox with mozilla icons and stuff. I can see that. what I can't see is what that isn't default or even mentioned in the handbook (at least until where I got at, that told me to install wpa_supplicant and that was when it complained about bindinst)
apparently cloveros is very nice, and I don't mind compiling a few stuff if necessary

I do recommend MX Linux, it literally just works after you install it. Preinstalled programs are ok but you can just remove what you want. Xfce is fairly lightweight and runs well. Repos are generally updated and the distro is overall stable

all you people are goddamn muppets and this whole movement is the funniest thing to me

So what alternative do we have? just go back to Linux Botnet Mint or Ubuncuck?

Literally install gentoo

Attached: 1533585981771.jpg (540x393, 15K)

sourceforge.net/u/anticapitalista/profile/
github.com/anticapitalista
Lead dev of MX Linux is an Antifa guy. They even nicknames a major release "Heather Heyer."

>Is MX Linux a good alternative to get rid of systemd botnet or should I move to BSD for good?

If systemd is triggering you yes, it's debian stable with a prettier xfce config and their own repos on top of the debian stable ones + backports.

If you want to avoid system just because Jow Forums told you don't bother. Most people will never know the difference

Why are some of you guys so easily triggered too? Are you really going to abandon everything you used to like because a couple retarded sjws are part of the community? I mean there's nothing wrong in using distros supported by 1 person but what happens when that person leaves? Just ignore those faggots and use whatever you like.

For all you know I could be using MX right now, I merely pointed it out and you jump on me, and you call me triggered lmao

into the trash it goes

Politics is for retarded people and I want nothing to do with any of it