Windows 98 was actually and still is the peak OS for Windows

Windows 98 was actually and still is the peak OS for Windows
Prove me wrong

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 536K)

Windows 98 was the buggest version of Windows
Setting up networking was a fucking nightmare

You say that like it's a problem

It was, sometimes it took 6 hours to get it to work at lan parties

Windows Me was even worse. You had to disable half of the OS to make it stable.

windows 10 benches 39kilotons

>This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

>He doesn't run multiboot with his prefered linux distro and legacy windows systems
Have fun with the botnet, fags

Attached: file.png (558x400, 148K)

>not win2k

*crack*
*sip*
Now THAT was an OS.

Attached: boomer.jpg (633x640, 50K)

XP was the best in that regard then, everything was plug & play, nothing was hidden from the user or bloated like in Win10
Shame that less and less shit supports it

only in looks
everything else sucked hard

good times

Attached: bsod.jpg (938x452, 105K)

It's actually Windows 3.11

Windows 2000

>Win98
>Not WinXP
>No animated peeling banana cursor installed by default
lmao

Attached: 34656d2.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

Actually MacOS is the best version of Windows. Was so since OS X.

>DOS overlay
trash

Attached: 2000.png (1024x768, 40K)

My nigga

Attached: 1518071774725.jpg (500x342, 47K)

>he doesn't run legacy windows systems in a VM inside of his GNU/Linux distro
Move over, peasant

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab--the-frog-united-states.jpg (258x245, 12K)

have you not used windows 2000?

I did a windows 98 install on some XP machines not to long ago at work for a couple boomers who were telling the zoomers about this mythical OS. Autism intensified the moment I popped them floppys in, I was so ashamed I still remembered how to do the install.
The best part was when the boomers forced the Zoomers to watch them play Oregon trail. Had to make sure I made a VM of their install.

Attached: o trail.png (1600x900, 841K)

9x is not a DOS overlay.

Windows XP and 7 could both have easily been kept in use if they were handled properly.
XP is amazingly light compared to even most "light" Linux distributions. I've had it using 45mb of ram at idle before.
7 is actually better at everything 10 does with the exception of features held back on purpose (think 128gb ram limit, dx12, ect ect)

Windows would have been better as a continually updated OS since XP but Microsoft insist on making purposely gimped trash so they can outsource themselves later

>tfw I know that Windows 10 is literally and unironically spying on everything I do, reads all my files, and sells my every mouseclick but I can't stop using it because no matter how many times I try Linux it's the annoying little things that bring me back to Windows
Like haven't to create an entire script file just to increase my mouse scroll speed instead of there just being a fucking button in settings to do it.

Attached: 1532076138944.png (1130x900, 22K)

XP was easily the peak. We got rockhard 2k stability combined with controversial yet funky fisher price gui skinning. Lasted for years, vista couldn't even beat it, and that had aero even.

Also networking on 9x was a PITA. And those BSODs were awful.

Fukk, even the fucking jews use computers these days.
I want Microsoft to remove language support for kike languages like seen on pic.

It's polish. I literally have never seen a jew or a nigger in Poland.

Warsaw had the biggest jew ghetto

Poland is fucking filled with niggers.
Also, 90% of the poles are kikes.
All names ending on ski, ska, ow, in, icz, are jewish names.

Attached: Polish Nigger-Whores 02.jpg (2665x1490, 1.02M)

>There should be a button for every single possible itch people want to scratch
The source and he API are there, the defaults are sane and possibilities endless.

It was windows 2000

>BSODs randomly
That's something that only someone that never used it would say, that shit was a nightmare.

Win 98 was pretty unstable, but Win 98se was much better.
Allthough WinXP SP3 peaked.

How retarded are you?

I'm going to have to go with 7 on this one being the peak. It's the last time it was a real OS. 9x and esp M.E. were at times assholes, XP I probably would have said if we never got something like 7. At the time going from 98 to XP was like some kind of magic voodoo shit that the computer was never crashing, at least for me. 7 kind of sealed it.

What? Literally double click on the desktop shortcut to setup, if you are on a LAN you didn't even need to do anything.

win95, server 2000, winXP
I'd take any these three over any of those three
win98, ME, win10

win95 > win98
server 2000 > ME
winXP > win10

>XP
>rockhard 2k stability
Maybe after the 2nd service pack. People called XP Xtra Problems for a while

Here’s the attention you wanted fag

Give me ONE (1) reason 95 would be better than 98SE. It's basically what Windows 7 is to Vista.

dumb frogposters

>95 better than 98
oh you can go fuck right off m8. NOTHING crashed as much as win95

>not 98 with 95's shell
lmaoing at your life, enjoy your IE integration

Attached: l98cascade.png (640x480, 9K)

I see you've never attempted to use XP on old Celeron/Pentium 4 Dell Dimension machines then

Never seen those icons before they look pretty good for the time or were those made more recently?

Windows 98 was basically 95 SP1, but you are right about everything else.

Based and redpilled. Reminder that Windows 98 lacks core functions that modern malware tends to exploit. Not only is it glow nigger free, it's unironically one of the most secure OSs you can use.

>basically 95 SP1
it's almost like you don't realize there were multiple releases of 95...

There was only two afaik, and the second one was just adding shit that ended in 98 and was only available to OEMs. Windows 98 was simply an updated version, since there was no way to release an update like they do now with Windows Update.

It is you fucking zoomer
Go back to play fortnite on Windows 10

Windows 98 was shit. Windows 7 is peak Windows followed closely by Windows 8 with classic shell, you fucking nostalgiafag

well i had an athlon xp around that time so not really, no

>absolute God Tier
Win XP SP3, Win7

>Semi God Tier
Win 2000

>good tier
Win98se

>quiet problematic tier
Win95, Vista

>shit tier
Win Me, Win 8.0, Win 8.1, Win 10

But the worst of the worst of Windows OS's is still better by 100000000% than any Loonix distro seen to mankind.

Jow Forums approves this message!!!

Attached: USB 3.0 Hub Manhattan Mondo.jpg (1280x909, 133K)

just System Restore

fukk, you can't blame the OS, if Intels shitty processors and Dells shitty hardware is the problem.
The most clogged shit you could buy were Dell, Compaq HP and others.

WinNT with Win9x compatibility

Windows is not even half as good as Linux as an OS. It takes too many resources to do the same things a Linux distro running a fucking USB flash drive can do, and it hides too much from the abstracts/hides too many things away from the user. The settings menus are a clusterfuck of legacy code and half the time Windows fails to download updates from Microsoft's own servers. Out of all the OS I use frequently, Windows is by far the worst. It's just the OS you have to use if you want to play games, and the OS you're going to get if you buy a computer from 99.99% of stores.

>Windows is not even half as good as Linux as an OS
I call this bullshit. Windows never failed for me in general. Sure, there were pretty shit tier versions, but in general, a WinXP or Win7 is by far better than any linux ever distributed.

>It takes too many resources to do the same things a Linux distro running a fucking USB flash drive can do,
Care about resources, when normie users have like four fucking cores and 8GB RAM these days.

>and it hides too much from the abstracts/hides too many things away from the user.
Define user!!! Do you talk about the 52 Linux nerds worldwide, or the other gazillion normie users, that don't want, nor are able to mess with system processes.
For most of the users, it is good these processes are hidden.

>The settings menus are a clusterfuck of legacy code
WinXP, as well as Win7, Win98se are all well made and have a good settings menue. I don't see a problem there.

>and half the time Windows fails to download updates from Microsoft's own servers.
Never happend to anyone i know. And i know a shit ton of windows users.

>Out of all the OS I use frequently, Windows is by far the worst.
Look, it heavily depends on what you are doing with your computer.
If you're a programmer, then of course OS X/macOS or Linux is better. If you happen to work with media (picture, video, audio) or with construction like machine engineering (CAD) you are far better off with Windows.

Linux is just on average less battered with viruses and shit, because it's not that widespread. But if the userbase will grow, Linux will also get attacked by malware and shit the same intensity as it's done with Windows.

dog vomit is peak vomit all right

Not him but those are from the Windows Plus pack

Ah didn't have that, neat.

>Feature designed to fix your broken OS breaks one year after RTM.
Windows Me was a fucking joke.

It was bloated af at release. The recommended RAM requirement (128MB) was twice that of your average home computer at the time, and even back then that wasn't enough for it to run smoothly.

>When you realize all of your knowledge came from troubleshooting and using buggy systems.
If i was a kid today, i would gloss over 'tech' just like everything else. it has become almost completely passive on the user end.

this is an upsetting post

Attached: de4bef8a25fca5652c1d424ede6cafd2.jpg (1000x1000, 799K)

>selling Windows XP machines with 128mb of memory