What was the windows 7 of mac?

what was the windows 7 of mac?
Requirements:
>no telemetry
>still works good enough today with modern applications
>good security, even to this day
>perfectly refined UI/UX

I've never used mac before and probably never will, but I do find myself intrigued by the operating system and apple's computers before they went from premium product to overpriced garbage.

>inb4 they were always garbage
there was a time when everyone was struggling through the bugs of vista and the security vulnerabilities of XP and all the viruses before UAC, meanwhile mac users were sailing along smoothly without any major breakage and could say they got their money's worth.

Attached: macos.jpg (1280x800, 107K)

mac OS 10 is the best mac OS.

wrong, os8 was the pinnacle

OS X Snow Leapard or Mountain Lion

comfy as fuck

10.6 IMO. super quick and without all the app store bullshit

Leopard.
It has an extra anti-botnet bonus because it runs on PowerPC too. And you have Arctic Fox on Intel or TenFourFox on ppc if you want an up to date browser.

Oddly enough, System 7.

Mojave is the best, until the next major version comes out in the Fall

macOS only keeps getting better, unlike Windows

You're looking for OS X Tiger, except it's about as outdated as Windows XP at this point. Most of the software for it was PowerPC only but I think you still find Intel versions to try in a VM, starting around 10.4.8 or so. The PowerPC versions up to 10.4.11 run pretty good in QEMU on Linux if your host CPU is 3GHz.

Attached: 1531287821369.jpg (896x960, 99K)

Mavericks on Core 2 Duo is STILL fucking based

I'd say Snow Leopard. It was the utmost refinement of the pre-iPhone era, and was completely mac focused, with tons of optimizations. Really fluid without hogging resources. Plus it was on that sweet spot between the kitchy brushed aluminum and reflections of the past, and the flat madness of the years later. It felt just right.

Absolutely Snow Leopard, without a doubt.

OS X tiger aqua is peak aesthetic.

Attached: sip my man.jpg (1043x675, 98K)

Never thought about it but I would say that after mavericks nothing is the same anymore.

Mavericks, Snow Leopard and Tiger, in order of usefulness, from back when every pixel was hand-tooled to Steve's specifications

>Was
Mojave is the best it has ever been

The Windows 7 of macOS was Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

This is a fact.

OSX Yosemite and macOS Sierra.

Yosemite fucking sucks. It’s like the Vista

macOS seems to get pretty much left in peace as non-obvious 'how to cashcow (and in the process, fuck up completely)' member of the family. As said, no real reason for not using mojave over other non-PPC versions - and I'd def. use mojave over Win10, still comfy on 7 tho. But Mac had other things to fuck up and screw ppl over on, their hardware is near all fucking trash now, but they never trad. made money on macOS as such, got left alone from revenue-increasing 'improvements' Somewat ironically, MS gone the complete opposite direction - they only had Windows to squeeze (and fucking ruin) but MS hardware got left to peacefully improve, Surface etc. arguably better quality than Mactrash in the year of current

The latest one

It was 10.6.8, but that no longer works because apple moves on very quickly.

> >still works good enough today with modern applications
Nope, since OS X updates are free, nobody cares about compatibility for older OSes.

>No telemetry

lmao

>no telemetry
heh
>good security, even to this day
haha
>perfectly refined UI/UX
lmao

mojave has all those things.

You can't say macOS doesn't have telemetry because you don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

and you know on *nix? have you reviewed every line of code from every program you use? every kernel you install?

telemetry is everywhere.. it starts on the CPU itself btw.. so the software is not even the issue.

>>still works good enough today with modern applications
doesn't exist for this reason
Apple makes sure to gimp old releases

>18 and Under: Ask parents before consuming
imagine being a 16yo dweeb asking your mum if you can consume intellifuck

10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

Anything after mountain lion is fucking trash

I'd say 10.6 but a lot of modern apps require 10.11 or later.