AMD sued over fake FX cores

It's up to the jury to enlighten amd drones on what actually constitutes a core (and a good processor). Pretty embarrassing for ayymd owners, but they have probably got used to it.

theregister.co.uk/2019/01/22/judge_green_lights_amd_core_lawsuit/

Attached: 5I2.png (556x727, 277K)

>embarrassing for ayymd owners
Why?

Because it unveils AMD's marketing strategy of misleading bigger numbers because it rightfully takes their customers for gullible tech illiterate retards.

Yes. Throw it into the trash and buy yourself a decent cpu. Profit comes from enhanced user experience.

No because it will be tossed out. The judge was just incompetent.

>California judge
Protecting their jewish investors I presume

I have 3 FX-8320e CPUs. If I can get money that would be great.

>I have 3 FX-8320e CPUs
Are you perchance mentally deficient? Usually it takes quicker for people to learn from mistakes.

are you unable to count to 8?

Attached: 8.png (640x785, 1.55M)

a dont undestud about what this tread, but AMD FX super good CPU even now

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)

he must be the judge.

I do
Bulldozer core however cannot because it lacks its own FPU. Just like amd niggers lack a brain to make informed purchasing decisions.

And the 386 had no FPU. What is your point?
FPU count ≠ core count.

Attached: 386.jpg (209x241, 13K)

>Pretty embarrassing for ayymd owners

In what kind of upside-down, topsy-turvy world are you living in, where people feel embarrassed because a company they bought a product from did something shady? Not everyone is a butthole-snorkeling cretin who supports multi-billion dollar companies like they're a football team, like you do, you sub-90 IQ waste of flesh.

Fags like you are the problem with this board, and in my opinion, society as a whole. Neck yourself.

Attached: 1492027643450.jpg (500x499, 61K)

People on Jow Forums here were pretty upset when Nvidia lost the 3.5Gb lawsuit.

Late to the party, no?

Who gives a shit, they still perform well for what they are.

shut down

Lmao no they dont. They were big and hot and expensive at launch for the shit tier performance you got. The best one is that 9390 or whatever that had a tray price of like $800 to jew the oems and as soon as it came out to retail they dropped it to like $300 which was still overpriced

Thats because the cult of Nvidia had to admit they were jewed.

>tfw still on 1156

They tried that "not a true core" once, and will fail again.

Attached: Shekelshuffle.webm (320x240, 2.95M)

I agree, but i’m mainly talking about now.They perform just fine if you want mid/high performance for dirt cheap.

One of the most definitive BTFOs i've seen on Jow Forums all this month.

The 386 is a 0 core CPU

>FX 9590 $1000.00 with liquid cooler
It performed worse than a 3.2ghz Sandy Bridge, and released during haswell.

Is everyone ready to claim their $5 from amd?

Thankfully it's easy, for most of history, a CPU has been an integer core, with the floating point core being a special, separate upgrade. An FX module is two integer cores with one floating point core, giving two addressable cores.
Meaning in all intent purposes, a FX core is a real CPU core, like it has been for most of CPU history, a CPU by definition is still defined as something doing integer calculations. This will be very easy to explain to a jury with actual examples and proof.

Damn it feels know not being a dumbass.

Attached: AMD_Bulldozer_block_diagram_(8_core_CPU).png (600x495, 224K)

will this be for mutts only?

>still on 1156
suck hard VS amd FX

>California
Most likely.

>Damn it feels know not being a dumbass.

Attached: 0.jpg (512x512, 71K)

>4 Core IF
>4 decode
AMD BTFO

What if the jury is filled with StarCraft players? AMD would probably be completely fucked especially since California has a lot of ethnic Koreans.

>Damn it feels know not being a dumbass.

embarrassing

Someone somewhere seems to be really trying to manipulate AMD stocks, first with the fake Ryzenfall and now with this.

Attached: 1547516912898.jpg (331x437, 31K)

HAHAHAHHAHAHA remember when amy faggots used to justify buying these piece of shit over Intel master race processors by saying "muh future proof multicore"

Kek

Jury members are weeded out by the attorneys from both sides if they're too familiar with the subject matter of the case, they don't want informed juries, just disinterested seat warmers who sway easily and vote unanimously.
By the way, lying and playing dumb to stay in the jury is the technically perjury.

JIDF has been on damage control for the last 2 years and so far their efforts haven't amounted to much, now its time to REALLY get down to business.

>By the way, lying and playing dumb to stay in the jury is the technically perjury.
So is claiming that 4 cores is actually 8.
AMD is going to get rekt.

Intel is the only cpu with cores. That's why they are called "core i 7" and "core i 5".

oof

Seems legit.

Xeons don't have cores. Intel btfo.

>Damn it feels know not being a dumbassOof

Xenon is for servers only and SERVERs are not for GAMING.

An FPU does not a CPU make.

Attached: 1547091205045.jpg (480x678, 36K)

Who's side are you on?

> And here's the sticking point: these two CPU cores, within a single Bulldozer module, share caches, frontend circuitry, and a single floating point unit (FPU). These shared resources cause bottlenecks that can slow the processor, it is claimed.
> Within each module, alongside the two x86 cores, is a single branch prediction engine, shared instruction fetch and decode circuitry, a single floating-point math unit, a single cache controller, a single 64KB L1 instruction cache, a single microcode memory area, and a single 2MB L2 cache.
If people seriously imply that sharing resources (where the sharing might impede performance) means that its only a single core, then congratulations: both AMD and Intel have only ever produced single core CPUs -- after all, they share L3, PCIe lanes, memory lanes (and memory itself), etc. along all 'cores'.
Where would you draw the line of which resources are allowed to be shared by 'cores'?
The only sensible answer is that any individual hardware instruction stream (nowadays called a thread) is a LOGICAL core. Which is what most people already agree on anyways. Making a distinction/definition of 'physical cores' is already almost impossible when you look at other kinds of processors (like e.g. GPUs, where vendors are already struggling with calling things 'cores' and rather call them e.g. 'wavefront'). The term 'physical core' has almost no meaning at all in modern (2000+) HW designs and the court decision should and probably will reflect this, whatever that means for AMD.

Faildoozer keeps delivering meanwhile everybody is still rocking their 2500k

Based and corepilled

do they have to do this every time they find a shekel on the street

>Or it can go to a jury trial in which members of the public (albeit likely tech-savvy ones since the case is taking place in Silicon Valley)
This is The Register, so I'm not sure if he's being serious. I really hope he's not.

It's a silly lawsuit, by all intent and purposes, it's actually 8 cores with 4 FPUs.

>8 cores
No no I said
>quaternATE reflectORS
That's what we call quad cores where I come from

HAHAHAHA AMDRONES LITERALLY BTFO

Can't wait to see the delusion when the court rules against AMD.

Attached: 1510593104325.jpg (646x687, 69K)

It's a lawsuit for the matter of being a lawsuit. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some Intel shadow puppet behind it, like with Ryzen Fall.
It's like people suing over a hot coffee not having the words HOT on it and they burn themselves.

Attached: 1547960653697.jpg (1080x1350, 90K)

>It's up to the jury to enlighten amd drones on what actually constitutes a core
Pretty ridiculous that it's not engineers.

Nobody from AMD ever claimed that they were eight cores outside of their marketing department.

Welcome to US of A law. People least qualified must be the jury, otherwise it would be unfair!

AMDs own documentation around it calls "modules" as 2 integrer cores with 1 floating point core.

Intel shills out in full force I see.
Can't wait for you fucks to have a mental breakdown later this year.

>intel cause everything bad that happened to AMD
wtf with this loser mindset

Well then they're fucked.

losers adore AMD because they see it as a fellow underdog in the world of big boys

God
DAMN

Not really, since a each core has its own integrer core that shared resources. They can literally show 8 8088's and say that this is no different and they would be right.

A core is a core, you can't say it's only 6.8 cores just because it lacks all the features of a normal CPU.

Attached: (((henry))).jpg (1280x720, 49K)

I just don't like kikes

What's up with Intel fanboys thinking this is breaking news though? When I was browsing FX CPUs as an option for my parents computer, I saw picture several times, stating clearly how the Module/Core system works. People buying those CPUs weren't lied to, the modules are just normal cores sharing FPUs and everyone buying it could see it for themselves.

>multi billion dollar company
>underdog
The only reason I buy AMD is because I'd never buy Intel or Nvidia, for obvious reasons. If there were even other alternatives, I'd go by price/performance.

> for obvious reasons

because you detest good hardware?

>poorfag nigger who concern about $100 different in price

Lmao. How can you fuck up this bad. You were fine up until that last sentence, then you went full brainlet

Explains why I bought a GPU with the exact same performance and price as another companies GPU.
Yeah, no, nice try though.

>call up actual Intel engineer
>make him swear so he can't lie
>reveal a table with a 8 core FX and 8 single 8086 chips
>ask him if in the core design of the cores they are different in the definition of a "core"
profit.

Attached: 1548256102224.jpg (225x225, 12K)

>It's like people suing over a hot coffee not having the words HOT on it and they burn themselves.
Ah, I can see you are an idiot. You've never actually looked into the particulars of that case have you?

What if someone asks about the 4, and only 4 "core ifs"?

>8cores
Well you see the 4 cores you see in the diagram are actually 8, and here's why. We split a core into two, and now 8.

Its only wrong when intel does sir. Pls delet.

how will amd pajeets ever recover?

even when they're winning ayymd is still getting cucked

>a fucking redditor is more knowledgeable than all Jow Forumsentootards in this thread
Jow Forums BTFO

Attached: lelddit.png (745x500, 129K)

FX sucks for single threaded applications tho. Also dat powerbill.

Sounds like they needed to debut that there are registers running the machine for the processors and then when the cache is revealed the arm core is significant and thus the processor may not suggest activity the way it should. Sounds like a jew read over debut and thought a new thing instead of meaning an old thing with a new exception like clauses for engineering practices and not video gaming theory cores like we get from intel and not so ayyyy md. i think they can defend if they switch lawyers.

the only people that cared about the 3.5gb meme were seething amd cucks who were jealous about missing out on the best gpu deal of all time that was the 970, the 2500k of graphics cards

based and redpilled

nice

>when you still create controversy over 7 years after you launch
FX is a strange thing, the integer cores are real cores, but the 8350 behaves like a doubled up, hyperthreaded quad core, to truly use an FX module, which is really what the FX core consists of, you'd have to use the 2 threads, and to use the full four modules, you need to be leveraging the 8 threads.

Attached: 19-113-284-04.jpg (1280x960, 99K)

The 8350 chips were strong as fuck if you didn't game.

tfw my fake chip at 1/4th the cost works better than anything intel provides.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

am*rican cpu manufacturers in a lawfare knife fight while chinese moon people go down to 5nm

>while chinese moon people go down to 5nm
Highly doubt.

>all these amddrones btfo'd
Glad I got a 2500k back then, can you imagine seriously buying a bulldozer?

7 foot 12 inch genetically modified chinese supermen are going to be banging your girl while intel funds "moderate" luddite groups to oppose ayymd interests

This, i7 4770 non K scores about this much.

Attached: 1546052593322[1].jpg (2576x1932, 2.04M)