My 380X still works pretty well but I feel like it might be time to upgrade some time this year...

My 380X still works pretty well but I feel like it might be time to upgrade some time this year. How does the future look for mid range (say

Attached: sapphire-radeon-r380x-nitro-dual-x-oc-4gb-gddr5.jpg (800x800, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-Vega-56-vs-AMD-R9-380X/3938vs3532
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recently bought a Vega 64 for 320 yuro. Used of course but it still has over a year of warranty left.

just bought a 480 8gigs for 240 euros to replace my dead 780, just werks very well at 1080 60fps.

Why not a 580?

rtx 2060 is literally the only """midrange""" option

uh thats what i meant 580

Right now yes but surely something new will be released at some point in the coming 11 months?

and another thing in the next 11 month after that. Just buy something you need when you need it.

Used 580 or vega can be a way better deal than anything new. The thing is that you might be able to recoup 70%ofbyour money seeking your old card.bts a used market right now

NAME ONE GAME WORTH THE UPGRADE YOU CAN ALREADY PLAY

DCS World for one, it's fine at high altitude but can struggle in dense urban or forest areas at low alt. And plenty other games that are perfectly playable but not quite solid 60 fps.

Attached: 1522156731162 (1).png (633x758, 696K)

You will have to sacrifice a lot in terms of quality, even with a 1080p screen, you preferably want supersampling, etc and a minimum of 60 FPS.
Something like a Vega 56, that has the same power usage as OPs card but is over twice as fast while being less than 300 bucks/euro in general would even be a huge upgrade.
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-Vega-56-vs-AMD-R9-380X/3938vs3532

Vega can go for pretty cheap nowadays

>sapphire vega 56: 525 bucks
>sapphire pulse vega 56: 350 bucks
What does the Pulse version lack to be €175 cheaper?

Nevermind I didn't see the Pulse has a 25% discount, it's actually 470

Shittier silicon and power delivery, generally cheaped out in terms of build quality. I wouldn't recommend either of those though, only Sapphire NITRO+ with manual or Wattman underclock.
Can be found for cheaper than the Sapphire Pulse on the used market.

>$350 is now considered mid range
Thanks Nvidia.

Yup, 10 years ago you could get the absolute best of best consumer GPU for 600 bucks, high end being 400, midrange easily under 200.
If you look at the Nvidia pricing chart over the past 20 years, you can see them pushing the price up every year (by much more than the inflation of currency too).

Can't really blame them. They basically dictate the market.

yeah goys we should just let nvidia do what intel did

That's why AMD is so good in the mid rage. Specially now with the 570/590 and still with the Vega in the higher end. Even though it's outdated tech.

>Sapphire NITRO
Yeah but that's fucking 700 bucks

DON'T

On average you will only achieve a 40-50% performance boost. Wait for navi, we could get a rtx 2080 level performance card for under $400 at the end of the year with at least 8GB of vRAM.

Attached: virgin_2060_vs_chad_Vega56.png (605x821, 29K)

Stop playing games and do something with your life. Gaming is for leftist manchild faggots.

Got this one a couple months ago for €340. At the time there were two others in the same price range to pick one, one was even cheaper, picked this one since it was from a non-miner.

Attached: Clipboard03.png (1623x525, 106K)

Lick my sweaty manchild balls, insecure faggit.

Attached: 1548109986296.gif (175x185, 1.87M)

It's dumb to wait for Navi, upgrade now, upgrade to Navi once it has been our a year or two.

Upgrading now: waste of hard earned cash. We know mavi is going to be a significant leap from vega because even a small clock frequency boost on vega yields 20-30% higher FPS than vega 64. navi would be able to do this but with less cores or better GCN architecture that utilizes more FP32.

Attached: AMD-Radeon-Vega-VII-Gaming-Benchmarks-Official-660x1030.jpg (660x1030, 125K)

SEETHING

Attached: 1486585378391.jpg (399x385, 29K)

you didnt specified what are u using it for

i bought rx 580 8gb from fren

so far so good, premiere render was a big revelation for me (along with ryzen), coming from R9 270x, since adobe favors more intel/nvidia

i guess OpenCL is viable option these days

Yeah but it's inherently dumb to buy bleeding edge tech, specially if it's something that gets upgraded every year or two. One generation behind will give you the performance to still compete with anything new, with the huge benefit of mature drivers. All GPUs being sold today have 2-3 years of warranty, a last gen GPU from a year ago will still have a year or two of warranty, while being half the price of the recommended retail at launch and also much less than the retail of said card currently is. I'm not even going to talk about things that could be wrong with bleeding edge technology that can backfire for you, like Nvidia 3.5GB.

No, Vega is very bad at real world benefits of overclocking. The difference of running your Vega card at one frequency at 220W VS slightly higher one at 350W is by average around 5 FPS. That's why people recommend you to underclock it.
At the very least, you should wait for actual benchmarks made by people and also wait for the market price to drop. Being a dull ass boy who buys something just because it's new is stupid, just as stupid as being a fanboy of a corporation in general.

Why are you implying a person can't have a job AND play videogames

Why are a retarded and replying to bait made by a insecure child?

>calling people names on the internet for their choice of hobby

Yeah, definitively not insecure yourself ?

How's me being insecure related to this?
If I eat shit and call someone else who eats shit a shiteater, it doesn't make the argument any less valid. Seriously, seething zoomers these days.

RX 2060 is p much the only sensible choice atm. Or at least after good AIB cards get released. I personally am in the Wait™ train until Zen 2 gets released so maybe ayymd has a non-shit card in the price bracket by then [spoiler]highly unlikely[/spoiler]

Attached: gpuperformance122018.png (1143x1005, 520K)

the price is what ever consumer are willing to pay. Economics is based on rational consumers, fanboys are not rational consumers.

>How does the future look
The future is grim. The only sane options right now are either used RX 480 for $100 or 1080 ti for $450. The market is stagnant and novideo decided to charge more cash for less performance each generation. It will continue unless AMD decides to save us.

Don't care about navi, don't care about vague future promises, these things do not matter. What card I can get right now and play at 4k 60fps for the best price does matter.

There will always be some new GPU or CPU or smartphone or smart toilet seat coming "soon". Besides, buying into a brand new GPU architecture and specially one from AMD is stupid beyond belief. Just look at how many retards call AMD cards "fine wine" because it takes 1-2 years before drivers are up to par - that it takes so long for them to get where they should have been day one is not a good thing. It's always better to buy that fancy new GPU technology one year after launch when prices have come down a bit and the drivers have matured.

Hi-end Navi won't be coming this year. That's why AMD released vega 2. AMD will design hi-end Navi for 7nm EUV which isn't even ready yet so it definitely won't launch in 2019.

580 for 7days to die, im running it on a 5770 hd

i dont think theyre worth it desu. i bought a 480 with the free games instead and ill just wait and see how navi and rtx 3000 series turns out. this year has been disappointing.

sorry i meant rx 580 not 480

Right but high end NAVI is set to outperform the rtx 2080ti. Navi en route this year is set to more or less match the RTX 2080 for under $400 pricetag for 2 reasons:
1.) Cheap 8-12 GB of GDDR6X vRAM
2.) Higher FP32 utilization

We already know that on paper the Vega 56 should in theory match the RTX 2080 because they have similar FP32 compute throughput but for some reason this is being throttled most likely to engineering mistake at the silicon level. All AMD has to do is fix GCN or create a new fresh GPU architecture where this poor FP32 utilization problem is solved at the silicon level.

Vega 56 MSRP is already $400 so a re-release on a better GCN/new gpu architecture with cheap GDDR6X vRAM allon 7nm lithography is absolutely possible for under $400.

Attached: 1544650877708.jpg (1543x1615, 995K)

>We know mavi is going to be a significant leap from vega
Navi is going to be midrange, it's not going to be faster than Radeon VII. You can get the Navi performance level today, Navi will just bring lower power consumption and possibly lower price.

I feel strongly that you are wrong because the main 2 problems plaguing polaris/GCN 4 and vega/GCN 5 are huge performance hits when performing 4x MSAA AA or higher and not efficiently utilizing most of their max theoretical FP32 compute performance. Navi could just be GCN but if it solved both of those problems then it would essentially just be a re-release of the Rx 580 and Vega 56 for "mid-range" except they have like 50% higher performance which will allow them to match the RTX 2060 and RTX 2080.

Rx 580 specs:......6.2 TFLOP FP32, 8GB GDDR5 @ 256 GB/s, 185W TDP
RTX 2060 specs:.6.4 TFLOP FP64, 6GB GDDR6 @ 336 GB/s, 160W TDP

VEGA 56 specs:..10.5 TFLOP FP32, 8GB HBM2 @ 409 GB/s., 210W TDP
RTX 2080 specs:. 10.1 TFLOP FP32,8GB GDDR6 @ 448 GB/s, 215W TDP

Like I said on paper AMD is on par with Nvidia efficiency and perf but something keeps a good chunk of that FP32 locked up, around 30% of it maybe. Navi wouldn't have to "compete" with vega 7, it would just have to have the same FP32 as the Rx 580 and VEGA 56 cards but not suck ass at AA and have highly improved FP32 utilization nearing what the RTX cards are able to do.

THUS such "mid-range" navi GPUs are absolutely possible with maybe 25% lower TDP than polaris and vega cards to boot just form switch to 7nm lithography alone. If AMD could has out such a navi "vega 56" for less than $400 and at the performance of a $1,000 RTX 2080 it would strike a brutal blow to nvidia that they would spend a gen or two desperately trying to recover from.

If not then get ready to stick around for $1,000 "mid-range" cards as nvidia tests the waters to what all these faggot gaymers are willing to pay for the most fps.

Wait for navi

AMD already said that they're starting with their high-end when they released Radeon VII. That's their high-end, they said it themselves. The other incoming cards will update the rest of the product stack, they will not be faster, or as fast as Radeon VII. Even the most promising Navi rumors placed it at 1080/2070 level, which also means Vega 64 level. That would actually make sense, since it's below Radeon VII and would fit perfectly in their lineup.

It would make absolutely no sense to release something on Radeon VII level, why the fuck even bother with that one if they have Navi which is just as fast, cheaper and more efficient? They released it so they can have something even remotely similar to a halo product while the rest of their lineup will be much more efficient mid-range cards which are more lucrative too.

If what you say is true then there will be 2 outcomes:

Rx 580 re-release but with lower TDP with the SAME fucking FP32/AA problems
~4 TFLOP navi card with FP32/AA problems fixed for under 100W TDP that performs as good as an Rx 580

BOTH sound fucking retarded desu senpai. Why wouldn't AMD release 15 TFLOP navi chips for the high end and 10 TFLOP navi for mid-range? Why would they just re-release vega 56 with both of the stupid FP32/AA problems from vega and polaris even if lower TDP?

Mark Papermaster is saying it, not me.
>We are really excited to start on the high end with our 7nm Radeon VII […] and you will see the announcements over the course of the year as we refresh across our Radeon program.
They are probably going to update across the entire product stack. There will probably be multiple Navi variants, some will replace Vega 56/64 and others will replace the RX 500 cards I assume. Radeon VII will remain their fastest card for the time being.

Navi was never meant to be a high-end chip, we've known this for a while. The high-end market is not as lucrative as mid-range and NVIDIA has dominated there for a fair while. Focusing on mid-range makes sense both for the PC market, since that is what most people buy, and also makes sense because some Navi variant is very likely going to make it into next-gen consoles.

Seems like so much wasted potential to me desu. If FP32/AA problems were to be ironed out with the same vega 56 specs for less than $400 then it would eat away at nvidia's marketshare rapidly and allow AMD to become relevant again. It would finally make FP32 a relevant metric to make buying GPUs easier too.

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Oh well I suppose good sub-200W TDP cards aren't a bad thing either.

Eh, I'm sure it's not as easy or AMD would've done it already. I'm sure they know exactly what they can or cannot do. We don't know what actually goes on at AMD or any actual details about Navi.

When I watch 4k content on Youtube I can hear the fans spinning up on my 7970.
I hope I trip over a clean stack of 100 dollar bills tomorrow.

Attached: 1542210317591.jpg (768x768, 91K)

Used RX 570/580s are the best, cheapest thing right now.

If you don't need good 3D performance, you can fix that with 20€: thermal paste and thermal pads.
Remove the heatsink, wash it. Clean the fans. Apply new thermal paste and change the thermal pads. It won't be like new, but not far from it.
Did that to my 7950 and it was perfect.

But that's what it's supposed to do

Just to be clear, remove the fans from the heatsink before washing it, it has to be only bare metal. Water should not touch any other thing.
Be sure it has dried completely before reinstalling it.

>1080 fe faster than v64
nope

Attached: Radeon-RX-Vega-56-and-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Aggregate-Benchmarks.jpg (900x519, 53K)