What are some good cameras that Jow Forums recomends? I've never had a proper DSLR or mirrorless camera...

What are some good cameras that Jow Forums recomends? I've never had a proper DSLR or mirrorless camera. I know how apeture, shutters speeds and ISO work from high school and a few youtube videos I watched moments ago. I want a good beginner camera, that is small and not bulky. I'm sick of taking photos with my phone camera.
What about pic related? Sony RX100 VI. I does not have intechanagble lenses tho

Attached: download.jpg (1024x791, 198K)

Attached: huawei-p20-pro-cameras.png (847x557, 357K)

Sony a6000 + sigma 16mm + 30mm f1. 4 + 56mm.
Or
Fujifilm xt20 + 18-55mm kit lens.
Or
Canon eos m50 + 22mm f2

Just get a Fuji X-T1 and 2-3 lenses. Will last you for life.

I was about to make a thread about this just now.
First time Jow Forumsizen here
I need a cheap normie camera. Isnt there a wiki or a sticky or something about how cameras work and all that bullshit?
How can the iphone x record in 4k with a 12 megapixel camera?
Also, should I buy a new cheap-ish phone or a cheap-ish camera? I don't need literal trash tier though. Tell me good camera brands

Sony a6000 is really the go to. Get any decently reviewed Prime lens for it. I want the Sigma 16mm so bad but I'm holding out for a sale/deal

sony a6000 is bretty basic desu... get at least 6300 if you can afford it

If you just post images to social media an last-gen I phone is fine. If you don't care about botnet or anything.

>last gen iphone
AHHAHAHAHA
Forgot to mention I live in south eastern europe

>Sony a6000 + 30mm f1. 4

This is my daily driver based user

The 6300 is the exact same image quality you dumbass. It's only better than the a6000 at video

>south eastern europe
what country negur?

I'd actually suggest you get the IV or even V instead of the VI, you get less zoom but a you'll get a lens that's able to have a really low f-stop in return, and that's really important for the rx100 because of its tiny sensor and awful iso performance, good camera regardless though.
if you want something compact get a fuji or a6xxx with APS-C lenses.

hey I made a list recently based on the second hand market, just going to post it here.
good bodies that have really good second hand prices.
>sony RX100V(not VI)
>fujifilm x-t2/x-t1
>fujifilm
>sony a6000
>nikon d7000/d7100
>nikon d610
>nikon d810 (best performing sensor on this list)
>sony a7 III (don't bother getting the II)
>sony a7s (for video)
>canon 5d III(don't get the original unless you want APS-C levels of performance)
>canon 80d/70d
>canon t6 (cheap as shit, can be had for 250 with a lens)
anything else that belongs on this list?
RX100IV is $600 on ebay and older models even less new, if you're just going to post images on social media then don't bother, just use your phone even if it's bad.

Sony Alpha a6000 or Canon Rebel

>>fujifilm
>fujifilm x-t20

>good
>small and not bulky.

No such thing.
Bigger = better when it comes to cameras, both for performance and ergonomics.

RX100 isn't a terrible camera, but the tiny controls are fiddly as fuck and "1 inch" sensor is meh.

there aren't really any bad cameras these days with 1" or bigger sensors. gearfags will tell you that you need FF and 14ev of DR but in reality most cameras are good enough for most things. but you might have some specific needs depending on what you shoot or other preferences. for example i recognize rx100 has great image quality and features for its size but i just can't get on with its handling, it's too small for me to use comfortably even with my average sized hands. likewise, i prefer zoom lenses over primes (fite me) and although the a6x00 series are highly acclaimed there aren't any good native standard zooms for e-mount

>i prefer zoom lenses over primes (fite me)

Zoom lenses are the absolute cancer that make nearly all P&S cameras shit.

Now there is nothing wrong with using an f/2.8 zoom on an APS-C or bigger sensor.
But putting an f/3.5-f/5.6 on a tiny 2/3" sensor means you're better off using your phone and its f/2 prime....and then they wonder why people stopped buying cameras.

I'm pretty happy with my Canon EOS 50D. Picked it up for a few hundred bucks years ago with a nice case, and a dual battery module. Find a pro photographer and offer to buy some of their old junk.

Attached: SGTZvYi.jpg (640x640, 57K)

>mfw opening this thread and I just bought a lightly used a6000 + 2 kit lenses a couple of days ago
I love it, but I need to get used to shooting in raw and using lightroom.

Attached: testimage_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1.png (658x658, 345K)

just use your phone retard

Fuji x100F which comes with a built in Fujinon lens

you don't need multiple lenses or zoom lenses, those are marketing to trick idiots

what you need is fuji x100F

Attached: SCR beer-glass-RGB.jpg (350x374, 17K)

If you don't want to pay the adobe Jew you can use darktable. I find it to be incredible fucking easy to do. I don't even really edit my photos, just "develop" them on my 100% srgb monitor to have pleasing contrast, HDR tones, details, and color.

This is actually a great suggestion. This camera will last you a long fucking time and also teach you how to shoot with the manual controls.

I'm already yo-hoho-ing lightroom at the moment but I will look into darktable too, thanks.

I have a Canon 700d with magic lantern installed on it and some old vintage lenses

Probably better cameras out there now though but it's served me well with what I do (filmmaking)

Quit being useless. There are relatively compact fixed lens cameras that shoot plenty nice photos in 99% of normal situations.
>he said muh slr
He also said mirrorless which get pretty small too

canon 80d

I have the Sony RX100. I like it a lot. Get the case to go around your neck and the tripod for when you take your honey out and want a together moment snapped into your mind forever.

I bought the neck carrying case and tripod.

The camera is small and has many features. It also has an automated feature to adjust for best conditions, etc. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Sony RX100 VI is the best camera in its category, but bang for buck isn't great. The Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 is a good alternative and with better zoom.

Good beginner dslr is any of Nikon 3000 series. They cheap and they good enough. They are dslrs so they are "bulky" by some peoples standards.

I'd pick the zs 100 for brighter aperture. The zoom is better but it's performance takes a dive and that 1 inch sensor is very old. Ideally I'd like a newer version of it but no one except Panasonic and Sony seem to be bothered. Oh and the zs100 crops a he'll of a lot in 4k. It's got more cons than pros imo

Op should go second hand. Tones of people buy onto this thinking they're going to be out shooting every weekend but they don't and as a result there's so much basically new second hand great out there.

Yikes, imagine being this misinformed

Attached: Screenshot_20190124-142555_Chrome.jpg (1078x1411, 279K)

lol why bother for low tier mirrorless APS-C
when a Nikon d3400 will be cheaper and have cheaper lens selection as well

if you want mirrorless, go for A7ii, don't cheap out

Attached: ayy.jpg (1203x592, 69K)

of course aim for A7iii, but A7ii used can be a very good price

A7 III is a good camera, also for beginners. Not super cheap though with the lenses.

If you want cheap, try an A6000 or Panasonix GX9 or something.

Because I don't work with photography and want the best portable camera for traveling

The D3400 is feature gimped crap they only produce to upmarket you to a D7xxx ASAP.

And most cheap lenses suck. If you want a handful or less of actually good midrange priced prime lenses, the E-mount is pretty much the better choice.

kind regretting being a poorfag going with a 2.8, but then again I should actually learn photography and not gear whore.

>bought my ex a 3400
now i know why she left me

back in my day you didn't even have AF lenses.

>muh AF points
ninja please