> Wayland
> Sane and reasonable community
> No autism. Backed by real engineers.
> Has Pepe the frog as a mascot
> YAST
> Best KDE implementation of any distro
> Once again, it has Filepicker thumbnails

It's time to install OpenSUSE

Attached: 1200px-OpenSUSE_official-logo-color.svg.png (1200x760, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

software.opensuse.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

creator is literally a jew
/thread

Opensuse is German engineering

Our greatest ally.

I remember reading somewhere that they had already repaired the font rendering on Tumbleweed because those Microsoft OSI shared licenses.
Have they enabled subpixel rendering on Leap yet?

Attached: 1541150866079.png (821x3109, 559K)

The importance of thumbnails in the file picker cannot be overstated

Attached: Screenshot_20161228_192948.png (1143x672, 239K)

wish I could get that filepicker on muh ubuntu gnome.
fuck garbageMEME, ain't nobody touching that shit.

They're AMD sponsored, also most important linux patches are spearhead by suse mails nowadays.

Furthermore, Suse is a European distribution instead of being made by (((Amerifats)))

Too much bloat.

it's a top 5 distro, not much love for it here though

Because it just werks and is not a meme

Just switched from Fedora.
Looks and feels way better.
I'm really getting tired of distrohoping, I hope I will stay here.
I installed Tumbleweed btw. Hope I won't regret this.

Tried it. Doesn't seem like Yast has many programming packages outside of super mainstream ones where as Gentoo does.

Attached: cat2.jpg (572x621, 104K)

Are you using gnome or KDE?

>Too much bloat.
Arch-fag detected.
Package count != bloat

Truly is one of the best distros, but I'm never able to stick with it for a reason I can't place my finger on. The default partioning scheme in the installer is truly retarded too.

I use it on 3 different machines, 2 tumble(laptops) and 1 leap (desktop)

Can't say I ever had problems, just make sure your / has enough space for subvolumes

Oh yeah, if your drive is slow you're gonna spend a lot of time waiting for btrfs balance to finish up.

Real talk, is it a serious alternative for Kubuntu? It obviously does so many things better, but in the end it boils to whether binary installers support it and whether you have a decent amount of packages available.

Thank you for answering :3

The only problem is some packages install headers to a different path compared to where most other distros would put it (SDL2 comes to mind) so you have to fuck around with editing build files if you're trying to install a program from source that blindly assumes those headers are in /usr/include

I would like to know this too. I'm not really happy with the way ubuntu is going, but I am also concerned about Can't blame the system for idiotic things like that

Firefox supports KDE file picker on every distro now, gramps.

you are just going back to Fedora. OpenSUSE is hacked together to be different than Debian or Red Hat which is stupid. Has no purpose to exist.
Go back to Ubuntu or Fedora unironically.
Most people I know shit on Suse for being no purpose and trying to be windows

I just tried it via live USB because of this thread and I'm disappointed. Sluggish, artifacts, windows getting stuck and becoming unresponsive. That could all be due to a single problem with the video driver (for intel + 1060) but that really shouldn't be an issue at this point, especially in a "bloated" distro. Meh.

But this

Attached: opensuse.png (547x435, 95K)

>Most people I know shit on Suse
Most people I know doesn't even know what Linux is

No way, it's got systemd.

You didn't mention OpenSUSE's best feature: system snapshots that can be rolled back from the bootloader. Every Linux distro including Debian break shit at some point and system snapshots reduce the break surface by more than 99%.

However, I don't use OpenSUSE because my desktop environment of choice, Cinnamon, is very poorly supported.

Small repo and YAST is a slow piece of shit

Mint has the same thing nowadays
Great feature

Tumbleweed is great. YaST is great. KDE+filepicker is great. Kiki is great. Opensuse is great.

I actually use Mint right now. Timeshift is good, certainly better than downgrading packages and praying it works for once. However, if your system breaks in Linux Mint, you will need to find a flash drive to boot into first. In OpenSUSE, you just select a previous snapshot from the bootloader like you would for a kernel in other distros.

>Small repo
please check software.opensuse.org/

OpenSUSE is one of the best desktop linux distribution I've ever tried, the KDE integration is near perfect, but I'm a retard who doesn't like distros withouth apt so I prefer KDE Neon

just like our saviour, richard stallman.

>year of our GNU, 2019
>being a judeophobe
shiggy

KDE neon doesn't have the FILE PICKER though