Finally gets the money to build a new rig

>Finally gets the money to build a new rig
>PC cases in 2019 are all made with glass window(plastic glass...)

What should I do? Is it still a bad meme?

Attached: corsair-obsidian-1000d-tempered-glass.png (800x800, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fractal-design.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck any case with meme front covers covering your fans leaving little slits just for aesthetics

>plastic glass...
What did you mean by this?

What's wrong with tempered glass?

But what should I do? They are all like this now, at best only the sides are covered with a transparent plastic case...

R5 define

who gives a shit about the sides just don't cover your front fans they're for airflow fuck the retards who made the decision to cover them for aesthetics.

or you can just buy basic, good shit that gets the job done?

>they are all like this now
no they aren't, stop looking at corsair cases.

This, why are you making a simple technical decision gay OP? What are you, gay?

mini ITX + m.2 ssd that sob and call it a day.

Currently looking at thermaltake, the same bullshit.

>mini ITX + m.2 ssd that sob and call it a day.

I want a gaming rig, it's not gonna breath and cool in a mini ITX.

fractal-design.com/

It will if you don't you blistering housefires. R5 2600 + RX 570 or R7 2700X + GTX 2080 is more than enough for 99% of people.

Attached: define.jpg (800x1200, 49K)

Thank you, I'm buying this

the boomer fears the rgb

i have this view 71

op airflow

Attached: 27305937954531_9889167874.jpg (700x700, 58K)

>covers the front even though it isn't to put clear glass there
>no, let's just put a solid panel here to block the fans and put some little slits around the side and hope it doesn't choke them too much

>browsing gamer shit
>wtf why is all this gamer shit made for gamers?!

Attached: 1548270632487.jpg (2598x2249, 533K)

Learn to love it

Literaly unless you buy the shittiest case on newegg with TG you'll be fine, but TBF case manufactures have prioritized Swag over airflow so just buy a CPU AIO and a non blower style gpu and you'll live

Got this in white.
Day I'll have a window to look at my internals: Never.

why not, are you a smoker?

I just bought pic related for my new pc build, how bad did I fuck up?

Attached: newcave.jpg (1500x1125, 132K)

> just buy a CPU AIO
AIOs are garbage for the amount you spend

all water cooling is garbage price/performance when compared to air cooling.

The point of water cooling is generally for aesthetic reasons unless going for full custom loop.

water cooling uses fans to keep it cool.

Not at all
Swag is 2011 tiered

Did I say otherwise?

they are like 40$ for a 120m rad that is near silent, smaller mass than the (usually equal in price) air cooler, AIOs are a scam compared to "real" liquid cooling

problem is that they don't sell that kind of cases here where i live.
and if they sell it, they are freaking expensive

>They are all like this now
define r6 has a non-glass version. glass fronts is going to be known as a 2018 fad.

Attached: define r6.jpg (1000x1000, 344K)

Attached: c70.png (1200x1200, 953K)

no only uncool people like you think words die off, the world clout was used in 1989 in the song Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It Takes Two, and we still using clout

Get a Chad case like this

Attached: 11-129-092-02.jpg (640x480, 24K)

>hates tempered glass look
>loves cowadoody tacticool look

Compared to the plastic faced monstrosities that preceded it and the no drive bays RGB glass non-sense we have today, a C70 is pretty tame and functional
It's a near all steel case, with 10 fan spots and quite alot of drive bays

Cool computer have always been making compromises on being fully utilitarian. I agree that losing the drive bays altogether sucks because a lot of cooler things than a BluRay or DVD drive can go in there. But 10 fans is overkill usually. like I have a 90$ DYI-PC case from new egg and it has 7 fan slots. and that works for me

That's a door that opens up to a filter panel.

The handles are a nice feature.

To chuck into the newest bin

10/10 would put in my dadcave with wall-to-wall Matt Kenseth memorabilia and never-used Dewalt powertools

Oh fuck I'm getting 2010 flashbacks
>i5 760 with a 212 Evo
>8gb ddr3 Ripjaws ram
>EVGA 480
>Asus P55 something board
>case related

Played WoW like a champ son

You can have a filter without a solid panel in front of it. It wouldn't choke the fans that way.

rgb cases are nice imo but I hate the glas panels. While very good stylistically, it provides very poor ventilation and acoustics

just paint the glass bro or buy an old 90s pc and use the case

buy the cheapest case you can find like i did
(i bought it on sale for $15)

Attached: case.png (1306x576, 112K)

>mini tower
>not full tower

Attached: sophisticated famposter - Copy.jpg (404x462, 80K)

i have a standing desk because it hurts to draw all day sitting down and there are not many standing desks that are large enough to fit both my tablet monitor, regular monitor and PC.

>hurts to sit
Buy a better chair you retard. I sit literally all day and my chair is comfy as fuck. I regularly fall asleep in this chair it's so comfy.

>guy says it hurts to sit when drawing
if he's drawing on a screen (like a screen tablet) it means he's hunched over all day in a chair. you don't get to lean back, you don't get to relax. you're always forward with your face pressed up as close to your drawing as possible.

it has nothing to do with what chair you're using user. but i imagine being autistic makes it hard for you to put yourself in other people's shoes.

theyre like $75 on newegg

I run a pair of 27" 4k monitors mounted on a twin VESA stand built into my desk. In order to be able to read anything on them I have to be sitting no more than a foot away from them, so I too am constantly hunched over. I'm sitting on an office chair that I paid some local office furniture company to custom make for me. Basically the seat has a fuckton of cushion to it so it's comfortable in just about any position.

The case is sound oriented, not cooling one which is why the front panel is covered with dampening material. There's a mesh version if you want cooling.

you don't get it, do you user.
have you ever seen an old artist? notice how they have a quasimodo-style hunch? it's because they're leaned over all day on the very edge of their chair.

why do you think drafting tables all have these goddamn chairs? because there's no point in a cushion. there's no point in having a back. you have to sit in a very specific position.

>custom-made chair
yeah, because you're so fat you've broken every other chair you've ever purchased and had to get one that was reinforced.

all that stuff is removable. dont need to have the door or filter there

image didn't upload. fuck. here's another.

Attached: 50076-1010-2ww-m.jpg (219x300, 8K)

>you're so fat you've broken every other chair you've ever purchased and had to get one that was reinforced.

holy shit kek

Attached: IMG_20190114_233937_568.jpg (317x267, 13K)

*gayming

>he's so poor he's never ordered custom furniture
My desk was custom made as well to the exact specifications I provided to said office furniture company. What does it feel like to be so poor you have to buy flimsy shit from ikea?

>i can't actually defend what i was saying earlier so all i can do is insult
at least try to make a reply that's relevant to the actual conversation that's going on. oh, wait. that's right. you can't because you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to drawing. :^)

I imagine he's furiously researching drawing chairs on Google and Wikipedia at this very moment.

I'm a network engineer, I make the internet work, which is relevant to this board. No one here cares that you can draw.

There is a reason why Fractal still sells XL R2 from 2013.

It costs the same as brand new Define R6 but has more than one 5.25" bay and full HDD cage.
New cases have gotten rid of 5.25" bays and HDD cages because glass side panels. The best seller new cases are still big boxes but without any features. What's the point of not going straight for mITX cubes if the modern ATX case has the same amount of expansion room? ATX cases with 1x 2,5", 1x 3,5" and no 5.25" because aesthetics and rgb are a joke.

Attached: 409335c5_EOEji.jpg (2179x1089, 224K)

>one 5.25 bay

Attached: post-52368-0-94323600-1451654090.jpg (1600x1200, 269K)

>flimsy hdd mounts that vibrate and destroy hdds while making loud noises

Attached: OPjqPss.jpg (2048x1361, 200K)

i blame gaming culture
> muh rgb
> muh shiny fans
> muh edgy af naming scheme
> muh minimalism
> muh side panel and bragging rights

They can barely keep these niggers in stock. No cable grommets but room in the trunk to keep your shitty drives out of sight.

Attached: magnetar.jpg (640x480, 31K)

I went with the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, which is available in a windowless version. Comes with a 200mm front intake fan. A Noctua NF-A14 will also friction-fit perfectly on the inside of the 5-inch drive bay, so you can take out the bay covers and have an additional 140mm front intake fan. Just make sure you filter it somehow. (You can hold it with a little dot of blue tac if you don't want to trust the friction fit.) Good radiator compatibility too. Good option for a modern-ish breathable case with no glass or gimmicks.

Attached: IMG_1060.jpg (1090x1944, 543K)

Just find something with mesh in the front.

Attached: 51dpmHMjenL.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Casemakers got rid of 5.25 slots because minimum of buyers needs it and to lesser extent it is same with 3.5. Thats about it. Another thing is that putting fan in place of that useless 5.25 slot or removing that useless 3.5 cage greatly increases cooling performance even if you have very restrictive front like most fd cases. Cooling is also one of the things why people dont like mitx cases. Most of them utterly fail at cooling compared to your standard atx case with 2x140 intakes and 1x120 outtake, which leads to worse temperaturse and more noise. That they are often more expensive than atx cases (same with itx mobos btw), much harder to work with, with no upgradeability and severely limited in compatible components is not helping them much. Only mitx cases that dont suffer from these issues that much are ones that are just cut down atx cases, and these still manage to suffocate your gpu because some idiot thinks it is good idea tu put psu in the bottom and then cover it with plate that is 1 cm from 2.5 slot gpu. And all you get with such case is what? 5-10 cm less height? No thank you.

Just get the focus g by fractal design

i just bought this, its from a local company in my country, opinions?

Attached: 5.jpg (800x800, 58K)

Glass in and of itself isn't a bad idea, but the execution with rainbow ass LEDs is totally wrong and frankly un-aesthetic.

Where's the goddamned optical drive?

Rosewill or you overpaid for bullshit and you get what you deserve.

It's fucking stupid. No optical drive slots means no DVD or Blu-ray drive, no fan controls, no extra USB ports, no card readers ect there are dozen of uses for those slots.
Except for you. You don't get any of those options. Because you bought stupid shit. I'm sure your parents would be proud if they didn't immediately leave you on a doorstep shortly after birth.

Ugly badge, ugly logo, ugly plastic bezel with no airflow, drive mounts ontop of shroud defeating purpose of shroud, nice rgb accent.

I love my murder cube!

Attached: haf-xb-evo-dimensions.jpg (1000x500, 85K)

damn you feel very strong about fucking pc cases hahah. i have an external dvd/blu ray drive to use it when i have to, which is not often.

there is a fairly wide opening for air on the other side of the bezel, i personally like the drives there, otherwise the case would feel kind of empty. your other points are valid.

*sips* ahhh the gunmetal nzxt 410, now THAT was a case

Attached: 1547897410896.png (378x370, 120K)

>not the h440 in stormtrooper white/black

case with pretty much nonexistant front airflow, while cpu temps can be decent if you fit some top fans, although at the cost of noise, gpu will always suffer
tldr terrible design, hope you didnt pay more for 35usd for it
bad cooling design is only valid point

ITT

Attached: 1547873016632.png (648x615, 304K)

Buyers needs my ass. Why even get a big atx case if it lacks basic features like 5.25 bays and hdd cage?
No atx case has problems with cooling with 5.25 and hdd cage.

It is because muh minimalism, psu shrouds and glass side panels that people are tricked into buying shit.

External optical drives and card readers are the dumbest thing ever.
You have a big ass atx case but are on the same level of dongle shittery with Macbook Air user. And they are lost somewhere in the attic when you need them.

Attached: 73db8a937129fb546b892a52e2283b8c--lighter-nerdy-things.jpg (236x236, 7K)

i like it

>dongle shittery with Macbook Air user
I think you mean Macbook Pro

This is the correct answer.
SUCCESSOR WHEN

>everybody is an american
how typical

many new cases don't even have one

Try SilverStone

>no extra USB ports
Are you fucking blind?

I dunno if he's blind, but you sure are stupid.

>Is it still a bad meme?
yes

Attached: rosewill thor v2.jpg (1280x960, 107K)

>there are not many standing desks that are large enough
remove your current standing desk's top part and screw on a larger tabletop of your choosing

Or just put the PC on the floor next to it

>HIV is better than AIDS
Two is an absolute minimum and even then you are cucking yourself out of expansion if you have an optical drive and a memory card reader.

Don't be a 5.25let, no less than 4 will do.

Attached: 41QVAQ1u+cL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 19K)