Why are AMD cpus so cheap?

What's the catch? Does AMD sell your user data via their hardware backdoors?

Attached: 1547484399046.png (165x265, 22K)

fake cores..

That's a Ryzen part, not Bulldozer

Nobody buys this shit, literally everyone is willing to give much more for superior Intel product. AMD is targeting mentally ill hobos and blacks at this point.

More reasonable pricing VS Intel's Apple tier/monopoly pricing. The yields also allow for it to be this cheap, unlike Intel's poor yields and binning.

Attached: 1547747819686.png (396x408, 165K)

You don't get to pay the isreal tax when you buy AMD

Attached: 815DBDB8A20A4FC4BAA1082A84C04137.jpg (665x768, 113K)

built in doge coin mining

perfect yields

the athlon 200ge is the lowest end desktop cpu, basically amd's celeron

AMD is building all their Ryzens from the same basic 4c/8t building blocks. For processors with more cores than that they glue the building blocks together. This means that each 4c/8t block is really cheap to make, thanks to economies of scale. That Athlon is based on slightly defective building blocks with disabled cores.

Intel on the other hand is being pants-on-head retarded at the moment and producing millions of different processor architectures making their products twice as expensive for the same value.

>imaging being so used to intels rapings that you feel suspicious when presented with reasonable prices

Attached: AMD_WIN.png (883x1200, 82K)

it just doesn't perform as well. for fuck's sake we have this thread 20 times a day get over it.

dude, that shows the 200GE's integrated graphics beats the i3-8100's integrated graphics, and the i3-8100 is 250% more expensive (comparing local prices)
that, and there's no intel integrated graphics over any amd ones

The i3 has two more cores though.

It's not cheap. It's reasonable. You just used being buttfuck by Intel so much that your gaping asshole won't shut.

so does the 2200G, which is still 25% cheaper than the i3

What's the catch though seems like a good Nas, or router CPU.

the catch is that athlon is just about the only cpu still in production that isn't trash

Until you try to find a motherboard for it and realize that Intel ends up being lower power, better supported and cheaper

How does it look on the CPU side?

I'm putting together a new Nas, and router.
Actually have been putting them off for a while, because I can't find any cheap Intel mobos that support ECC.
Do you know of any?

have you considered via? you can usually find their mobo/cpu combos pretty cheap and it's not like what you're planning needs a lot of muscle

I haven't considered them, but would if they had ECC support, and adequate pcie lane support for a few 10gb/s ports.

So a Ryzen 5 is just a Ryzen 3 with an Athlon attached to it.

>Israeltel
>AMZOG
Different name, same juice.

They need to get rid of defective shit-liths somehow.

2200G is neutered when you try to put in an NVME drive along with a dedicated GPU as they share lanes.

There aren't any other than workstation boards which won't have IPMI and therefore aren't worth considering. Look at Supermicro's offerings and plan on spending at least $250.

Intel parts are in fact inflated. To reach their performance targets with such obsolete tech, Intel has to heavily test and bin the products to meet AMDs baseline production. Resulting in a lot of handling and waste, plus Jew mark-up.

>Look at Supermicro's offerings and plan on spending at least $250.
There's no point in going for a $250 board when considering low end Intel CPUs that have ECC support (celerons/pentiums/i3).
Was hoping that this user had a good board in mind.

you get what you pay for :^)

What is the power usage I just want low power usage soc from amd with ryzen

>literally a core2duo
hmmmm why is it so cheap, reddit?

250w

I'm fine with this if it's low power consumption, and can use ECC AND handle a few network cards.

I know my 6300 and 8350 are just triple and quad cores with brain problems. But they still serve my purposes. And let's all admit it, most PC games are indie garbage that demand very little.

Attached: u amd.png (480x358, 206K)

>most pc games are indie garbage that demand a lot
Ftfy

Nah the good PC games are almost always the ones that ride the main core, and needs fastest ram.

You just described Hyperthreading™

And that's why they didn't call them cores.

I honestly wouldn't know. I seldom bother with most of them. It's all top-down/isometric/2D shit these days. My 6300/6670 will run a lot of it but I don't bother. It all looks the same like niggers.

Perfect for home server.
wasn't amd supposed to release something like that just named Ryzen 3 ?

No GPU that can be realistically put in a cheap machine like this will be bottlenecked by operating at x8 instead of x16.

alot of cpu wafer chip rejects from high quality intel fabs
global foundries(amd) literally dig through intels trash to make cpu

low production costs due to multi chip design.
and they are not in the position to overcharge you like intlel.
no, ryzen 5 is a ryzen 7 with broken cores disabled.

Go play with your RGB dildo Incel™

Where's your proof? I'm using it as a home server cpu right now.

Attached: Power2.png (1327x1539, 42K)