Whats unique about this distro?Thinking about trying it if its not just a meme

Whats unique about this distro?Thinking about trying it if its not just a meme

Attached: maxresdefault_0-1.jpg (1280x810, 59K)

its kinda retardproofed.
but at the expense of being bloated trash.

Not OP but that's basically Ubuntu so why should one choose OpenPEPE over Ubuntu?

not being owned by Microsoft seems to be to ooensuse's advantage

It's fedora~ but with more security by default, a 10x better package manager, an online build system, custom GUI shit and patches to make garbage like gtk3 sit the fuck down, and some really annoying enterprise config defaults.

zypper is like 30x better than apt instead of just 10x

KDE, the best implementation out there, not only did they fixed firefox file picker but they also successfully linked kwallet with most applications that use gnome-keyring, they also serve a modified (not forked) version of firefox 60ESR with a lot of the telemetry crap disabled.

Also it uses most of the features of btrfs heavily, every time you update it makes an snapshot, if you update the kernel it makes an grub entry for the old one in case something goes wrong, overall is a well maintained distro.

It works on my machine.
No Amazon bullshit.
Nice retard-proof YaST.
Good documentation, and good community support.
KDE doesn't krash.
Only problem: you need to add third party repository (Packman) in order to get needful codecs and stuff.

9/10 highly recommend.

And yeah, 1 year on OpenSUSE without reinstall. Shit is indeed retard proof.

Also,
"Abort" > "Stop"/"Cancel"

Ive heard that its a pretty good distro for kde bit im not very fond of that de its a bit too buggy and slow for me

Im pretty experienced so im mainly looking for a system thats less of a headache than gentoo but with more up to date packages

Whats better about the package manager?

Well, OpenSUSE has relatively fresh packages.

wat

from my experience it's an absolute utopia of a distro on paper but kinda starts fucking up once you have to install software that isn't in their repositories.

multi-repo with really strong dependency solver, like what ubuntu's apt tries to do with PPAs but it actually works.

Nah thats an ubuntu/debian problem. Opensuse runs its own build service for 3rd party shit and it auto-packages it and generates an installer link for the zypper gui stuff.

zypper is so smart, it even takes apt-get commands for some reason.

>distro on paper but kinda starts fucking up once you have to install software that isn't in their repositories.
Sorta, but it is easy to fix.

i think it's the best kde distro implementation that's not based on apt maybe kde neon is the second but i'm not into kde

You rarely hear about it on g becsuse it just werks

Oh one of the big fucking gotchas in opensuse is metapackages, called 'patterns.' Every distro has something similar but on opensuse they're very very broad. Uninstalling a text editor might ask you to remove your entire DE (intentionally). They're real nice for installing shit and very bad when you want it gone.

No unique, no meme neither.
Using it since openSUSE 11.4
Recommended

Manjaro does a pretty solid KDE

Eh you should just go the Chakra route if you're doing meme Arch

YaST is a damn good, unmatched by any GUI system management tool.

>not installing said software in a vm first
you had it cumming nigger