Why is Apple's sales dropping?

Why is Apple's sales dropping?

Attached: 1542979780877.png (998x646, 316K)

Satania posters

Maybe because charging $700 for a base model phone that offers no real tangible benefit over the previous models isn't such a good idea

APPLE BTFO

Attached: btfo.gif (400x224, 819K)

itards finally reached their credit card limit.
sales will increase next decade when they pay their credit debts.

That doesn't stop an Applefag.

I think it's because it's not a status symbol anymore when everyone owns it even poorfags.

Even my friends who had iPhones ever since the 1st gen have Samsungs now.

>rising albiet slowly for last three years
>dude sales are dropping lmao

You promise your stockholders growth user not just recovery

Because nowhere else really to expand, and everyone who can afford iphone basically has one already. And for browsing and social media apps even iphone 6 is more than plenty nowadays, it's not like say iphone 4 vs iphone 5 level of difference.

based

>Too expensive
>They took away essential features like headphone jacks and usb ports
>They added no useful, valuable, or beneficial features worth the price hike
>The Apple Store redesign is awful and makes me want to never go there

>GET

>>They took away essential features like headphone jacks and usb ports
This. The nail on the coffin was the removal of the headphone jack for absolutely no reason, and then hearing Applefags justify the decision saying 'b-but its thinner now thanks to that'

based

Basé

>Why is Apple's sales dropping?
The "novelty" of their products have worn off with consumers. Couple that with the ridiculously high prices for obsolete hardware will give you your answer.

Userbase dying of AIDS.

The societal meme of "Apple" is dying off. It was always just a trend

Literally killing the company, even ifags don't want this disgusting horse shit

Attached: baddesign.jpg (1966x371, 110K)

Lost China, which is a market you don't want to lose being a megacorp

But they said, 'the only thing that changed is fuucking everything', user.

Attached: E1EF5EA044D34AF5B20E38D9185B20FA.gif (500x275, 988K)

>Arts students
>Paying denbts
Nice one. Apple is fucked

In the grand scheme of things there isn't anything the new phones can do that the old ones cant

why is every fucking company copying this piece of shit?
doesn't even look good

Increased prices have pushed the upgrade cycle from 2 to 3 years for too many people now. Apple released their new status symbol, people who wanted that bought it. they then released another more expensive one 12 months later. They look identical in your hand, nobody is going to notice a real world difference in performance. So nobody is upgrading. Next year it might look a little different but people will still be able to buy a used iPhone X for $400-$500 from someone and it still look like previous years model. They would have done better to keep prices down and rely on services. Plus their services business is an antitrust suit waiting to happen.

When Apple does something it immediately becomes acceptable for every other manufacturer to do the same
It's not to say Apple single handily made notches a thing but Apple is the one that made it as widespread as it is

because people assosiate it with iphones, thus making the chinkphone that cloned the notch seem more premium
not even memeing

I still have an iPhone 6s because of it. Otherwise, I would have upgraded by now. Idk what I'll do once it crashes

itoddlers will defend this

They failed to sabotage enough batteries and display cables.

So what you're saying is, they need to release phones that cost more?

I think what the user is saying is they need to make the IPhone a status symbol again. Apple phones are a band not a device like Gucci or Rolex.

based

>nail on the coffin
I just now realized that Apple removed the Tones and Apps section from iTunes when I was trying to make the original genki dama theme from DBZ my ringtone. Now I'm really pissed...

*rant incoming*
Apple is trying to force shitty ringtones on us, or buy 40 seconds of the song for the same price as the full song. Like okay, but I can't find the original genki dama theme anywhere except youtube. Now I have to convert the youtube video into a mp3, re-download GarageBand because the ringtone maker apps don't work anymore and have shitty audio quality, just to convert the mp3 into m4r, then plug my phone in so Tones shows up then drag and drop the m4r into iTunes because there's no way to import it.

Does Android or Huawei let you customize your ringtone? Because as a former longtime Apple fan and customer, Apple is too unbearable.

Now you're getting it!

I can think of a few reasons.
First, the smartphone industry in general is stagnating. There haven't really been any new or gamechanging features in the past several years. Since the difference between phone generations is so small now, people have less of a reason to upgrade as often. This has resulted in a decrease in sales, but also the reason that the prices have been jacked up by everyone.
Second, I believe apple has struggled to compete in many developing markets like India and Africa which are very quickly becoming the only untapped markets in the world.
I'd really like to say that many people have also realized apple is overpriced bullshit simply for the brand, but I have no statistics or even anecdotal experience to back that claim up.

based

Based

Google started making premium Android phones at the end of 2015.
Nexus 6P and then the Pixel series after that.

Market saturation. And according to Apple: Repairs.

>everyone who can afford iphone basically has one
This, and it's not just iPhones. Everyone's got a smartphone that's good enough. Market saturation isn't new, we've been there with desktop computers, laptops, go back many years and this even happened with things like refrigerators, dishwashers and so on. You don't need a new one if you have one which works and it's good enough.

Repairs tie into this, in their last earnings call Apple's Tim Crook actually blamed the low sales on repairs. Battery replacements done by Apple and repairs by third parties are, according to him, eating into their profits. Now you know why so many phones are sealed so you can't easily replace the battery.

I do think Apple will be hit harder than other companies because of their many mistakes. Easy example, why would I replace a device with a headphone jack with one that lacks this essential feature? That's one example of stupidity which ensures that a percentage of previous customers will never buy a phone from them again.

There's no long-term reason to panic, sales will drop off and stabilize at the rate devices fail (and can't be repaired).