Will hard drives be as obsolete as floppy disks in 10 years?

Will hard drives be as obsolete as floppy disks in 10 years?

Attached: MV5BMWRmYmJlMTQtYmUzMS00NTk0LTk1ZmQtMDUyNzZmYmRiZGVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg1NTA1OTM@._V1_.jpg (2400x3600, 971K)

They haven't been in 50, why would they be obsolete in 10 more?

Her boyfriend is black.

Only an SSD is the same price or less

No reason to believe SSDs will ever be as cheap as HDDs

And using an SSD for archiving purposes is retarded anyway.

they already are

>Her boyfriend is black.
Nah she's a Russian American jew and is in an open relationship with another jew

>open relationship with another jew
Did the motherfucker studder?

her fiancee is the bugman from cumtown

For the average consumer yes.
Especially if we're talking about normies who don't even have a desktop at home anymore.

Probably, yeah. If not ten, then 15-20. Funny thing is, tape backups will probably outlast them.

They will always have a niche in high-volume applications. Capacities are still increasing, too.
Hell, even tapes still have a place in super high-volume backups. Granted, they're a different form factor than they used to be, but it's the same basic technology.

sooner.
resistive memories are going to replace your hard drives and most of your ram.
for the most part there won't be ram and rom, it will all just be memory.

Oh boy this lady makes my head spin right round know where i'm getting at? As for your question, hard drives will live on until the heat death of the universe. Their cost to capacity ratio justifies this.

Dang, right on the point of the chin is like the worst place to have a mole

hard drives will always have the edge over SSDs in capacity:price ratio. hell, tapes are still hanging on a little bit

Why isn't that shirt transparent?

ha im actually listening to red scare right now. I can't tell if they're smart or retarded but I now know for a fact I'm retarded.

I think so, SSDs are already cheaper than HDDs for small capacity drives, you can get a new SSD for 23bucks, sure it's only 120GB but more than enough of you only want to run the operating system.
I believe in few years SSDs will replace HDDs even for high capacity drives, I imagine seeing 8TB SSDs for less than 100bucks in a relatively near future.

given that we're probably gonna be on some shit 5-6 bits per cell flash bullshit by then (i.e., trying to count a couple hundred electrons and assign that one of 32-64 values), we're going to still need longer term bulk storage with a modicum of trustworthiness and the ability to be written more than like 5 times.

The future of HDDs is HAMR/MAMR drives with that take four days to transfer their whole 100 TB capacities.

I can see SSDs being used for local mass storage while actual archives sit in ze cloud which, for example, could be a service bundled with your mobile/internet subscription.
You know it's realistic and believable when the idea itself makes you angry.

>Will hard drives be as obsolete
That's highly unlikely.

This. I have two NAS boxes, one's 12TB and the other's 20TB. HDDs will likely remain a thing for those kind of applications a long, long time.

You can get 120 GB SSDs really cheap right now, and going 500 GB or even 1 TB SSD for a new build isn't exactly expensive. But there's still a price pr GB difference which makes it obvious to go say 120GB SSD/1TB HDD or 1 TB SSD/8TB HDD depending on your budget. Not seeing that changing any time soon. It would be totally cool if I'm wrong and we get 8 TB SSDs at acceptable prices in the near future.

Now here's a question: Why do SSDs have to be increasingly small in physical size? What I mean is that if you don't do M2 and go 3.5" or even good old 5.25" you should be able to make a .. huge SSD? Given that we can have 2 TB M2 drivers, shouldn't it be possible to make a 10 TB 5.25" HDD?

>God tier
Chapo Frat House
The Michael Brooks Show

>Great tier
The Majority Report with Sam Seder

>Meh tier
E1
Street Fight Radio
Red Scare
The Sitdown w/ Mike Recine

>Ok, you might as well be alt-right tier
Ejaculate Village

>Don't care and probably won't even listen through tier
Yeah, But Still

Doubtful. SSDs don't work well for servers due to limited read/write lifespans. You might see them go extinct in desktop/laptop computers but they will stick around in the enterprise space.

She gives Slavs a bad name.

No, since file servers will never switch to SSDs due to their lack of reliability.

For consumers yes. For data hoarders and datacentres, no.

They already largely have. SSDs are far more economical than HDs now.

who is she?

>They already largely have
No.

Some commie actress that Alex Jones made internet famous.

In large datacenters they have because of the power cost savings alone.

Vague at best.

GRRR how could this happen to us, bros? I feel so victimized by these ethnies, she could have been mine for sure? She even looks like he likes diabetic butterballs with huge manboobs who smell like crusty shit like me. Day of the rope when?