Python and other languages are for "coders". C++ is for Engineers

Python and other languages are for "coders". C++ is for Engineers.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1548365322219.jpg (680x521, 63K)

Every engineer I know uses Java or Python. C++ has no use in the modern world except for legacy maintenance.

COBOL is more useful than C++

The only thing C++ gives you over something like Java/C# or even Go (but fuck that language for other reasons) is manual memory management. Desperately needing to manage your own memory is seriously fucking autistic. Almost all software is made in managed languages now because we found out that even if you're a 1000x super expert developer, you're going to write a memory bug eventually, and that memory bug is probably going to be used to exploit your shit.

Just fucking use a managed language. Stay away from dynamic crap like js though. That's actually shit for """coders""".

C++ is used for every high performance program.

Also, C++ is for people who are indifferent towards terribly designed languages with ugly syntaxes.

Good look trying to program a driver in java or oython. Or a critical system of an aircraft. Or a AAA viedogame. or...

They are different languages meant for different domains.
Both have their place.

>Python
Useful

>C++
Not useful

> Python and other languages are for "coders". C++ is for Engineers. Prove me wrong.

You do not know Python or C++. Prove me wrong.

I know this is bait but I'll bite:

People who think this shit in real life are insufferable faggots who have 0 concept of how much abstraction there already is between them programming in "real" languages bare metal. The amount of abstraction that's achieved by going from logic gates to C is fucking astronomical, and you could probably never achieve writing a C compiler from bare metal in your entire life if it weren't for the work of hundreds of years of mathematicians working all this shit out for you. Comparatively, the jump from C to Python is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Sure it might abstract away a few data structures and make things nicer to use, but it's nothing compared to carefully organizing bits of sand together in such a way that they perform actual computation.

Computer science and abstraction are tied together at the hip. Losers who can't understand that the continuous abstraction of mathematics is the very essence of computing are the most obnoxious fucking faggots in the world. The losers who can't understand that it's actually harder to think abstractly are the funniest of them all. Sure you can do the equivalent of hand-holding a modern abacus. You're not accomplishing anything by reinventing the wheel for the thousandth time, you're just doing it because someone needs some retarded shit to be fast, but you're not furthering the field of computer-science. You're not developing new fucking algorithms in C, you're implementing something that someone (far smarter than you) has already thought of in a slightly different flavor just so you can get a paycheck.

Imagine being this assblasted because you are too brainlet for C++

obviously c++ has use cases, but most people are just doing enterprise software

>engineer
This term is meaningless in today's retarded society. You have to be more explicit instead of using an umbrella term that could mean anything from sandwich maker to nuclear reactor mechanic.

t. Coder

>Engineers
there's no such thing as a software """engineer""", and actual engineers use matlab

Different tools for different jobs retard.
Watch this:
C/C++ for big projects requiring critical code, Python for prototyping, Lua for fun and hobbies.
Now stop sperging out and use whatever you like that gets you the best results.

>Nobody writes real time software for automotive, aeronautics, medical, or industrial control
>Nobody writes application specific embedded software
Stop projecting. Not everyone is slapping together crud screens and shitty frontends for marketing companies. Anyone who takes a systematic and scientific approach to the design of software to meet a well defined goal is doing what we colloquially call "software engineering". Whether that's totally accurate, or just a convenient label for the practice of computer science, is up for debate. Putting all people who write software in the same bucket is moronic however. There is a very clear difference between people who merely assemble parts without understanding cs concepts (javashitters), and people who actually know the fuck they're doing.

ITT:
>roleplayers think that programming alone makes you an engineer.

C++ is the but-her-face of languages.

>wanting to be an engineer
scientist master race

Every language has its niche. Maybe you're too young to understand this.

this is a well known pasta friends.

manually memory manage deez nuts

Attached: OldSnake.png (670x566, 201K)

>God tier
C++, Rust, Assembly

>High tier
C99, Go

>Mid tier
Javascript, Bash

>Meh tier
Java, Python 3, pre-99 C variants

>Shit tier
Everything else, including C11

Attached: pepe cigar.jpg (960x574, 36K)

if you don't know what an ALU is you're also a coder

>C/C++ for big projects requiring critical code
only if legacy, even then it's mostly Ada for mission critical applications

C++ is too bloated for its own good. What we need is a C2, a language with the strengths and simplicity of C, strong typing, and the useful features of C++ like vectors and smart pointers.

>it is "I'll bite" bait copypasta

Why would I need to program a driver when there's already one that's perfectly working fine?

based.

Based

>posted using a web browser written in C++ running on an operating system written in C and some C++

>jump in abstraction by going from nothing to C is huge
>jump in abstraction by going from C to python is relatively small
This is what I hate the most about this pasta. It disproves its own point.

Why is C11 worse than C99?

This is almost too accurate

C++??? for those applications?? are you high??

Drivers are generally written in C, C++ is NOT used for hard realtime systems (they are highly specialized fields with highly specialized software, more to the ilk of machine code and non-sequential code such as various VHDLs) and the games industry is slowly moving away from C++.

No we don't.
What new people like you need to understand is that this "problem" has been solved by writing a coding standard for a project.
Doing this, you ensure every class or function maintain readability through formatting style, syntax and through language options.
C++ is not that hard because you don't use everything. It allow you to do things very effectively and you learn those things and then you write your own stuff.

>C++
>engineers

whatever you're having I want some

these guys get it

What you're describing is Rust, almost to the letter.

His point wasn't about differentiating between C drivers and C++ drivers but rather between C++ drivers and Java drivers.
I have encountered a lot of drivers written in C++, it is not crazy to use C++ for that or high cpu intensive applications like games.

>java drivers

>Job tier
python, go, javascript, C, Java,

I don't want classes, templates, and I'm even on the fence about generics. I don't like the C++ philosophy of adding everything.

No, it still suffers from trying to be an enterprise language. I want something concise like C.

>the games industry is slowly moving away from C++
Where did you get that maggoty-brained idea?

>x is for y

This obsession Jow Forums seems to have with programming languages is a joke.

If any of you were even half decent at programming, you'd realize that there is no best language, just a most suitable language for whatever thing you're trying to do (which sometimes means using whatever people around you are using).

Most important thing, is that you should be able to pick up any language fairly quickly if need be. If not, you're fucking retarded.

c++ is getting obsolete fellow boomer

his ass

SHUT UP

i'm sure there's also some high quality welding in some industries, that doesn't make welders engineers though

If you're welding a multi-lane bridge that you designed using a scientific process, then yeah, you're an engineer.