/spg/ - Smartphone General

>my phone doesn't need a dongle edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: SPN_0406.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbaEqCgrdoo
swappa.com/mobile/buy/samsung-galaxy-s-6/att
swappa.com/mobile/buy/samsung-galaxy-s7/att
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-3,Sony-Xperia-XZ3/phones/11030,10947
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's this boomer selling a LG G4 for 25 bucks because he says it's stuck on a firmware update screen? Can it be saved? If it can't should I consider it anyways?

Attached: 17426389_1294954457304107_5808853733885214973_n.jpg (540x720, 18K)

Hard reset.

What are Pocophone's worst drawbacks? Flagship processor and cheaper? Seems too good

If you can fix it, it's a good phone. Do it.

Gonna cop the shit out of it. I'm gonna make a LG G series collection if I keep this up

Lg v20 just shattered and I need a new phone for under $300. I want a great battery and decent specs/screen. Notch is fine as long as its an oled panel. Root/custom rom support is nice too. Idc about a good camera or storage and headphone jack isnt necessary but is nice. Is this possible?

Attached: 1547527086319.jpg (1276x1920, 114K)

Good phones under 200 dollars:
Xiaomi redmi note 5
Xiaomi mi a2 lite
Nokia 6.1
Asus zenfone max pro m1
Moto x4
Moto g6 +
Moto z2 play
Sony xa 2
LG v20

It's a good list?
Bad list?
What phone you put on the list?

Just get the Max Pro M1 you stupid fuck, you've been spamming this since the last few threads, have you yet to decide on a phone? Jesus.

who here /librem5/?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-25-21-27-55_1.png (411x430, 31K)

Attached: 1474645744324.png (551x491, 261K)

Attached: DKAP05yXoAE1cZw.jpg_large.jpg (1280x641, 80K)

ew

Attached: 1476743072808.png (1440x810, 447K)

how low will the s9 prices fall after s10 release?

>What are Pocophone's worst drawbacks?
No NFC
No wireless charging
No optical stabilisation on the camera
IPS screen instead of OLED (if you care about that)
Large notch and chin (if you care about that)
Isn't waterproof, only splash resistant

>No NFC
Gimmick
>No wireless charging
Gimmick
>No optical stabilisation on the camera
Gimmick
>IPS screen instead of OLED (if you care about that)
Gimmick
>Large notch and chin (if you care about that)
Gimmick
>Isn't waterproof, only splash resistant
Gimmick

You know those premium things that flagships have? Well besides the processor the pocomeme has none of it.
>Xiaomeme
Meme

Is there a good foss app to benchmark sd cards on android?

I don't think you can fix a bootloop by a hard reset.

>Xiaomeme
>Meme
Great reasoning.

>Useful features
>Gimmick
Sir great reasoning sir

I'm not the one who posted that.

Then quote him too you xiaomeme shitter

fucking poojeets

even the indian(hardcore xiaomi fanboys like most of Jow Forums) in the telegram pocophone group doesn't like it/ doesn't recommend it. this issue exist right out of the box and literally right now still haven't fixed. don't buy this crap. this is just the touch issue. there many more issue like display, sound, build quality.

cheap price good performance = good phone? how about the build quality and design?

Attached: Screenshot_20190126-084931.png (1024x2048, 393K)

Should I buy the Note 9 or Mate 20 Pro?
I like the battery on the pro but the stylus on the Note 9 would be handly for random sketching. Having trouble making that final choice.

I'd pick the Note 9, seems like a more well-rounded device, its biggest plus being that you can change the software to improve the support.

>change the software to improve the support

don't know much about this, will look into it, tyty

I did it.
I bought a Pocophone

Well done good job sir

Redmi note 7 or mi mix 2?

What is a good media-player app for a S8 phone?
I have VLC because it will play audio-book file-types.
However for day to day usage for music its extremely frustrating. It constantly loses it place when I pause the music for some time. Also I find controls to be not very intuitive. Have to click through 4/5 folder to access the music folder. Annoying, and potentially dangerous.

Black player EX

>helping with sorting through inventory of bankrupt tech start-up
>find a drawer filled with Huawei M8s/Ps and Sony Xperias
>each appears to be a write off with "broken screen" post-it notes.
>take a closer look and notice that the "broken screens" are glass screen protectors that cracked.
>the 2 actually broken phones are just water damaged
This company was replacing their perfectly fine work phones left and right because they didn't know how a glass screen protector worked. Their cell rep guy must have made some good money for their 2 years of business.

when the FUCK is official lineage 16 coming. We're so far behind official android at this point it's ridiculous.

It's free pajeet ROM, don't complain you imbecile. Only children use these things. I mean, actually using this garbage over stock is just hilarious. Enjoy your garbage

need something with IPx6, USB-C, preferable no more than 5.6" screen. custom ROM support a plus but obviously tough with these conditions

pick between:
LG V20
Galaxy S8/A8
Xperia XZ1
?

XZ1
stock rom is quite good.

Hey can i have question for custom rom here? Anyone here with los14.1 have issue when watching youtube? I have YouTube and newpipe app installed, there's an error when watch any stuff and livestream. Or google do something to banned custom rom?

Me too! Just waiting for it!

If WMC doesn't bring any compact phones I will just swallow the cuck pill and buy a XZ2C, get Bluetooth headphones and be done with it.

Why not the XZ1C

Because it's even older?
Is that thing even getting updates anymore?

Gcam is so fucking gay. Half the time my images get stuck while it processes HDR+. I'm gonna man up and buy the Note 9 soon, fuck this shit.

How bad is the Xiaomi bloat and how different is it from standard Android? Or can you install a different launcher over that? I really like the look of Mi Mix 3 from the hardware perspective.

IS there ever going to be an update on the xiaomi/chink phone recommendations? Seems the pastebin was deleted entirely.

I need a new phone because my old ones microphone got broken.
>Finland
>350-550 eur
>At least 6GB RAM

View 20 is enticing but I think I might be able to hold out few more months. Will Snapdragon 855 or even OP7 be worth the wait though? Is Kirin 980 good enough?

Attached: 1548041183986.jpg (585x828, 126K)

Always buy Snapdragon phones.

>Is that thing even getting updates anymore?
Sony flagships get two version updates, so it'll still get Android Q.

Do you guys have a process when you buy a new phone? In terms of security, removing useless apps, adding new ones etc? What are the essential apps I should be using?

Attached: 1506972003235.png (415x416, 5K)

>Gcam is so fucking gay. Half the time my images get stuck while it processes HDR+. I'm gonna man up and buy the Note 9 soon, fuck this shit.
It's more reasonable to pay $900 for a new smartphone because you can't bother find a right version of gcam for your phone. The absolute state of this board...

Does the 4gb of ram on the 3XL cause it any issues?

youtube.com/watch?v=jbaEqCgrdoo

Based.

Several years coming but I'm finally upgrading from the Samsung Galaxy S3. Should I make the leap all the way to S8 or S9 or is S5 through S7 still viable?

>new phone for under $300
>as long as its an oled panel
Samsung A6 is amoled and is available in carriers, it's $60 over your budget though.
The OnePlus 5T/6 are over $400 but at least your money's going a lot further with those.

Attached: a6.png (441x448, 51K)

Would a redmi note 7 be an upgrade over an Honor 8? I'm getting sick of this god awful battery life?

>S5
A 32bit SoC and 2 GB of RAM are not viable anymore. Don't get the S8/Note 8 if you plan on having your phone updated for more than Samsung intended to.

>Would a redmi note 7 be an upgrade over an Honor 8?
Everything is an upgrade over locked down Huaweis. I would wait for the Redmi Note 7 Pro.

I unlocked it before the lock. Dev support is still dogshit though. How long before the pro? I really want to get a new device. This thing can't even manage 2 hours SOT and on standby it drains in like 6 hours.

I have reason to believe that someone used StageFright exploit on my phone.
1. How can I know if someone has access to my phone's messages, camera etc.?
2. How can I know if someone used the StageFright exploit on my phone?
3. How do I remove it?
4. How do I prevent it?
My phone is Samsung Galaxy S5, running android 6.1.

Moto Z2 Play

iPhone X.
I just noticed near the middle of the screen there is a faint pink line running from the top to bottom.
Anyone else experience similar?

Best way to get phone content to bigger screen besides casting? Looking for wired or wireless options

>Oneplus 6
>still USB 2.lol

No one? :(
Where's the netsec thread when you need it...

Dont listen to Get a Rememe Note 5, much better camera and simialr battery life

>yfw samsungs flagship phones havent received pie yet

>warning me for shitting on poojeets
Stay shitty faggot

Any guess at what the specs for the camera will be on the librem 5?

Correct: "Stay shitty, faggot.".

Shitty faggots don't deserve correct

Fuck off poorfag
even with gcam the pics won't compare to a Note 9 or a Pixel 3

Nothing good, for sure.

Is samsung's update support really that bad?

for older phones yes, but the support for S8 and newer seems kind of promising

unless you're in the US and at the mercy of carriers

Quick question.
Below are the phones I can get for free or with +55€ from my provider now.
I personally would stick with the XZ3.
Or do you guys have other recommendations?

+55€
Sony Xperia XZ3
Huawei Mate 20

no additional charge
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
LG Q7 / Q7+
Huawei P20 lite

also Samsung Galaxy S9, but I don't want a Samsung.

>unbelievably cheap price
>unnecessary gimmicks
choose one, choosing neggar

How viable are used smartphones? Is it worth it to save a few hundred bucks?

Sony you cock gobbling faggot took motherfucker! I hope you die if being fucked by aids ridden trannies!! ALL THE ENTIRE WORLD wants is an 18:9 5" phone with 128gb of storage a 4000mah battery and a F U C K I N G HEADPHONE JACK !!! Literally just make this and you'll print cash!!!! I know youre watching you gook fuckers!!!!! Just! Fucking! Make! It! Already!

Attached: 1-5.jpg (1200x628, 320K)

Bought a used xa2 for 170$ runs great has lineage and battery just werks. I'd say if you dont give a fuck about specs and just want a midrange phone that does its job with a good battery then just buy a midrange 2018 phone and call it a day. Sony xa2, moto x4, Nokia 6.1 plenty of options bro. Its worked out pretty good for me.

I'm . Apparently S5 isn't proper these days and the S8 has update problems. S6 or S7? Found this site.

swappa.com/mobile/buy/samsung-galaxy-s-6/att
swappa.com/mobile/buy/samsung-galaxy-s7/att

Yeah figures.

I'm just looking for something with a good camera. I don't know if splurging for an iPhone is worth it. I'd prefer to go with an iPhone just so I could use airpods as well but would probably settle for something with a comparable camera as long as it's under $600. Is that unreasonable? Should I just go with and XR?

what does semen taste like?

Keep dreaming you're achieving anything with a small smartphone sensor while paying $900 for it.

anyone?
I know the XZ3 has no headphone jack which sucks pretty hard
but at least they ship it with an adapter

Mi Mix 3

So I bought a Redmi Note 5 and I cant for the life of my figure out how to install a theme and every video I find is in (((Hindi)))

Where do I download themes and how do i install them?

Attached: 1548509151839.gif (315x237, 495K)

The theme store is hidden if your region is set to an EU country, change to another country and the theme store will show up.

S7 bro, I have an old s6 edge as a back up phone and the battery is shit the soc runs hot too. Unless you are planning to put an s7 edge battery in the s6 and keeping a case on it 24/7 I would get the s7 its a much better phone

Buy the XS, it has a good camera. That, or the Note 9 if you're not a total faggot.
Stick with the XZ3.

I have a pixel 2 xl and iPhone xr, the xr's camera isn't as good but it's still a pretty good camera if you need to get an iPhone

Weren't there rumors of its batteries exploding or at the least overheating or was that just the Note variant?

Mate, fuck off. Seriously.
Just buy the S9+ for

>Buying phones with expiry dates.

FUCK OFF

Truth be told, I'm upgrading because for some reason my S3 won't pick up calls. Sometimes it does but sometimes not. No idea what's causing it either. Texts come in just fine though.

If you just want a basic shitphone get the Redmi
if you want a grand phone get the S9+, that's if you give a shit about the hardware, the camera and having things like the headphone jack and no notch.

Just the note my dude galaxy s7 is fine

Both are nice.
The XZ3 is smaller which I prefer.

Still thanks.
Maybe another user has one of these phone and can help.

>The XZ3 is smaller which I prefer.
There's practically no difference:
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-3,Sony-Xperia-XZ3/phones/11030,10947

Meme Mix 3 has a meme slider, XZ3 is a comfy phone with bezels. It's got a better display and expandable storage and basically lol at buying chinkshit

oh, the effective screen size is the difference, thanks!

> lol at buying chinkshit
partly yes, I still trust Sony more.
Custom Rom support in a few years might be an interesting topic.