/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __nakano_miku_go_toubun_no_hanayome_drawn_by_mery_apfl0515__14de922533b127c29bee43cb6935359f.jpg (1500x1488, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd58x-jubilee-massdrop/
amazon.com/slp/bluetooth-headset-adapter/nwjbygeq8ehq8ks
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9p5seu/disappointing_experience_with_sennheiser_hd800s/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8izc44/hd800s_review_too_open_and_too_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3hwuiz/i_am_disappointed_in_the_hd800s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GNU/STAX

First for sennheiser remorse.

Attached: sennheiserremorse.jpg (1324x8120, 2.02M)

Fuck off you mentally ill tranny.

Attached: 1548439324912.jpg (1500x5500, 2.2M)

holy fuck he's actually mad

>mentally ill
sjw projection typical of basedheiser

do you actually think it's just one beyer owner that shits on you and it's specifically the tranny? lmao

SENNBROS I'M NERVOUS AF

Attached: e56b853cf2ffeeffcfa667268850e2a.jpg (1080x1440, 118K)

are nikita and sapphire different people?

who cares

don't use that adapter it can snap off in your phone or amp.

what to buy if i have dt880, hd650, hd599
considering so far dt1990, hd660s, hd800(s)

stax

you haven't even said which of the three headphones you own you prefer, and why, and what you're looking for

DT1990 is treble heavy trash.
HD660S can be had for 150 with HD58X on massdrop.
HD800S is really great but overpriced.

srs-3100

I'm still waiting for my THX AAA 789 so I don't have a choice

Attached: 23fadb72a1043a6878917f1b3a97ff6.jpg (1080x1440, 102K)

This was also in the package. I assume this is more padding for the headband. Based chinks.

Attached: 39189166ce7ca7549c7d7c1f5b0792c.jpg (1080x1440, 128K)

no bass

>he bought the headphone stand that can damage the top cushion

oh nono NO

Attached: 1543100565687.png (474x711, 90K)

>overpriced
that butthurt poverty ridden söyheiser poster

your behringer has a 1/4" output. it's really only an issue over time though wouldn't worry about it. toss it in the trash when you're done so no one else ends up with it

It was free. I paid ~$1100 new for the neww headphone and these extras.

>sennheiser usb
>bought the hd800s from chinks

enjoy your counterfeit headphones

joke on you gweilo it have sars in it fufufufufufufu

thanks for the heads up. I've heard the headphone output is garbage on this device so I just use it for my mic.

>>sennheiser usb
Sennheiser does give a usb key with the HD800 and HD800S.

i use all of them for referencing and checking stuff
default is hd650 mostly because comfort and pretty neutral sound
sry got to be something i can plug in to my already expensive usb interface
are the hd800s really that great because that price is retarded

dt1770

>are the hd800s really that great because that price is retarded
You're paying for the soundstage desu

Attached: 81YGRdW87bL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

FUCK SENNBROS

my ears touch the padding inside the cups. I thought these cups were supposed to be massive?

The HD800S is less peaky than the DT880, but it's still a brighter headphone than the 600 or 650 the latter of which borders on dark. Keep that in mind. It does have the biggest soundstage in the world though.

they are when the pads are fresh. unfortunately for you that means about a month or two of usage. enjoy your sennheiser experience! be glad you're not an orpheus owner

literally you

Attached: dumbo.jpg (968x681, 35K)

bruh I don't even have big ears.

thanks bro

NO NO NO SENNBROS I'M SCARED OF SCRATCHING THE PAINT OFF OR SOME SHIT

*steals your data and sent them to the NSA*

oh shit Sennbros, this is the first headphone I've actually had to crank my amp for.

>NO NO NO SENNBROS I'M SCARED OF SCRATCHING THE PAINT OFF OR SOME SHIT
that's the normal sennheiser experience

Attached: sennheiserexperience.jpg (500x375, 26K)

is it completely true that the hd58x are identical to hd660s? guess i can just go for those then and hd800s sometimes later if they're really that good

>is it completely true that the hd58x are identical to hd660s? guess i can just go for those then and hd800s sometimes later if they're really that good
That's the typical NHA budjectivist drivel.
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd58x-jubilee-massdrop/
>The driver of the HD660S is slightly larger in diameter so the drivers are definitely not the same.

Attached: hd660s-vs-prod-hd58x1.png (768x445, 50K)

these are my best friend.
must have like 10 pairs lying around the house.

Tell us your impressions after you get a chance to get accompanied with it. And when you get your amp see if it makes a difference too. And maybe bass EQ too if that works ? ;_;

I got the RS 175 Sennheiser

How bad did I do

an unfortunate mistake

my mailman literally just ding dong dashed me

Attached: 0DFBC590-F4C7-43DC-B255-57597A751743.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

i’m gonna buy grado sr80e’s and there’s nothing you can do about it

I thught the Sennheiser were supposed to be THE audiophiles choice, what went wrong?

Have you ever heard /hpg/ talking about that model? No? There's a reason. Headphones brought up the most in /hpg/ are the best. If it's not talked about at all its shit.

ok Sennbros, my initial impressions are that these things sound grainy and lifeless as fuck. I think I just wasted $1100 because I prefer my Fidelio X2.

the 800s yeah
the 600 yeah
in his defence ive seen someone post about it before.
am i a boomer when i'm looking for tower speakers for my tv though?

But /hpg/ never talks about wireless models

letting go of any pro or anti sennheiser talk for one second, what went wrong is that you bought something from the mass market consumer arm aimed at average uncritical tv watcher who wanted to cut the cord
the average bluetooth headphone these days tends to be better than the old wireless headphones products with proprietary emitter/receiver, whose target audience was 100% filled with TV watchers and not music aficionados

Attached: 25543875438573495.png (695x319, 54K)

*cough* there's a reason for that

>ok Sennbros, my initial impressions are that these things sound grainy and lifeless as fuck
ah yes, another happy sennheiser customer. i'm glad you are enjoying your superior fidelity and neutrality!

Dude, I like to shitpost against the sennheiserspammers a lot, but calling the HD800 worse than the X2 is a huge stretch.

So what am I supposed to buy if I want quality but also no wires?

Exactly.

ooh i wanted x2 but got hd600 instead. the shp9500s kinda killed with the treble.
also please allow yourself a few hours for your ears to get accustomed. every headphone i've bought i give at least a day to make sure you don't like it. burn in may be a thing, but ear in is.

welp guess it will be the originals then

>So what am I supposed to buy if I want quality but also no wires?
Bluetooth headphones. The HD 4.40 are actually a lot better than what you have and are less expensive to boot. And they would work with smartphones for listening on the go.

They sound wider than my X2 but it feels like there's no real depth to the sound. I'm putting Dark Side of the Moon on right now so I'll see how that sounds but so far I'm disappointed.

What the fuck dude

Attached: 1520295763692.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

amazon.com/slp/bluetooth-headset-adapter/nwjbygeq8ehq8ks

Which headphones would be the best if I were an npc brainlet retard

>Budget: Location: USA
>Source: Phone (OnePlus 5T)
>Type of headphone: IEM
>Open or closed: need isolation of sound
>Comfort level: average is fine
>Sound signature: Even? mid-centric maybe, see below
>Past headphones: i can only remember my skull candy sets that i burn out every few weeks

I listen to very aggressive music rather loudly. Drums, guitars, heavy bass, harsh vocals, sometimes stuff in the Vein of Machine Girl. Skull Candy plays great after the first hour for up to a week, but then they spit a tinny echo.

I'll go up to $100 for decent full range reproduction that can survive extreme abuse. If they can make metalcore and dnb shine all the better.

it's really not anything surprising, i've auditioned them before. the hd800 is very diffuse sounding so if the soundstage doesn't immediately pull you in you aren't going to like them.
sell them for what you paid for and then grab some stax

well ye senns aren't "fun" headphones
you may actually be into dt1990 desu.

did you plug them into a phone or some weak shit??

bros what am I doing wrong? I do only have them connected to a shitty portable amp I've had for years because I don't have anything better right now.

I'm starting to think "summit-fi" is a meme when I keep going back to my $300 Fidelio X2

tfz queens. they will blow your mind.
if it's not in your budget, some lower end tfz. you NEED the tfz 5 sound signature in your life.

>I do only have them connected to a shitty portable amp
duh
they need more power i'm pretty sure

Thank you /hpg/ I like you better than before for giving me good advice this time around

i'd say amps are snake oil but your shitposting is so amazing that i want to know what amp that is

More power to fuck my ears with treble? That's the impression I'm getting. Some of these "s" sounds are making me wince a bit.

I thought you said you never auditioned them before?

Uh, you didn't buy stax I guess. But 800S isn't a bad headphone, I think you just need to give it time or abandon bright signatures all together.

Will something like this affect sound quality? And if so will one of higher quality make much of a difference?

Attached: Untitled.png (1355x689, 213K)

>bros what am I doing wrong?
nothing. it's how the headphone sounds.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9p5seu/disappointing_experience_with_sennheiser_hd800s/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8izc44/hd800s_review_too_open_and_too_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3hwuiz/i_am_disappointed_in_the_hd800s/
i'm not the user you think I am

I can make tfz queen happen. Thanks for the rec. Why does it win? What have your heard with it?

FiiO E7

>or abandon bright signatures all together.

Yeah, I'm done with bright headphones. People who enjoy these must have fucked ears that can't hear well. I never went to any concerts as a kid or anything so my ears are still there.

What would you recommend?

Yeah that's normal. I use EQ to tame the treble on mine. What are you listening to?

>Some of these "s" sounds are making me wince a bit.
Okay, so you definitely don't like bright headphones, and would have absolute hatred for any beyer. While the HD800S don't reach beyer levels, I have to wonder why you bought them without being a bright head?

if you have a ground loop it'll probably remove the ground loop. i'd go after what's causing that loop though.
tfz 5s were my first "real" iems back when i listened to like deathcore, mathcore, etc.
the 5s broke on me because fuck you massdrop but they sounded absolutely amazing for like core music, which is a lot like what you're listening to.

i fucking asked you earlier
why the fuck did you just buy them without demoing at some store
IDIOT

Stax SR-007. Dark but somehow still detailed.

feet

I'm not even shitposting right now. 15 minutes of the HD800S and I'm selling them. The Fidelio X2 is just better.

Buyer's remorse.

Attached: 1ec1a61bc97172a7e1f43b2f0645e4e.jpg (1080x1440, 111K)

don't they have a return policy?
some reviews buy the product, and just return it after a day of use.

He said there are no stores near him to try hifi headphones.

If this is a shitpost it's the most expensive shitpost in the history of /hpg/ lmao

Something to do with my cheap ass pc, spent hours trying to fix it but I've given up.

>007
he doesn't need to do that. you are giving bad advice by overcompensating and telling him to get the darkest stax when even the lambdas aren't bright, only an unsealed L300. 007 has the same problem as the HD800, it's fucking boring to people.

the worst thing about the X2s is that I can't justify spending money on other headphones, these are so comfy and comfy sounding

you're lucky you bought senns and not stax.
at most you lost 100 dollars, and that's being conservative.
oh ye, well if you're using a usb dac you shouldn't have that issue right? usually it's just a sound card problem, you should consider a dac+amp.

legit buyer's remorse

I'm actually turned off of Summit-fi together after trying this if this is supposed to be what summit-fi is. I feel like I got memed.

>you're lucky you bought senns and not stax.
Holy fuck the damage control

>you're lucky you bought senns and not stax.
stax sell better on the used market outside of japan, if you're basing prices based on your buyee adventures alone you are woefully mislead