pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: concrete.jpg (1159x896, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BJITkKaO0qA?t=887
medium.com/lim-less-is-more/sonshi-style-a-style-of-putting-keyboard-on-laptop-67f0a825a53c
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/62-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html),
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>sturdy boards edition
K

Attached: IMG_20180322_150600.jpg (2934x1566, 836K)

> concrete

nutworthy

discrete beamspring or topre switches when???

Gotta say, the Titan Switches on the Roccat Vulcan are the best I've ever used. I'm loving them.

Burger king color scheme

You mean oneperdesk color scheme.

Attached: Microdrives.jpg (1600x1205, 238K)

I want to do a build on a giant symbol with buckling spring switches with the goal of making the loudest/most obnoxious keyboard possible. Any other suggestions to achieve this? No amplification, speaker, etc. has to be pure mechanical noise.

Attached: 14-K-Zildjian-Special-K-Z-HiHats-1.png (800x800, 689K)

Get an old selectric typewriter, they make beamsprings sound whisper quiet in comparison.

youtu.be/BJITkKaO0qA?t=887

medium.com/lim-less-is-more/sonshi-style-a-style-of-putting-keyboard-on-laptop-67f0a825a53c

>"Sonshi Style—A Style Of Putting HHKB Keyboard On Laptop"

Attached: medish (1).jpg (640x427, 128K)

Attached: 1547868684436.jpg (1206x822, 302K)

I'm about to buy a full-size das keyboard 4 ultimate (the one without any key stickers). What are your thoughts? Should I build my own keyboard instead?

I never realized what I was missing out on until I tried the DSA profile. But even though it feels good, it almost hurts my fingers because I keep expecting to hit the keys earlier. Does that feeling eventually go away?

You should get used to it like with any row profile to be honest.

I'm looking into buying a custom keycap set for my 60% keyboard. I can construct a colour scheme I'm quite happy with using wasd's website (wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/62-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html), but as far as I know they don't use good quality plastic for their key caps so it isn't a good idea to buy from them. Where else can I get as much customization as they offer with decent quality? Even better if it's a UK vendor too.

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Iris or Ergodox for normal hand size

Attached: iris_keyboard_59593.jpg (1226x816, 182K)

>sturdy
>plywood

fucking fag ass nigger

you think it is hollow on palm rest?

>aluminum is plywood
What did he mean by this?

>Doesn't work with a trackpoint
Into the trash it goes

Are these hand keyboards memes? What are the benefits from these things?

i doubt it is hollow. i am guessing he made his own mold and poured it himself. making it hollow would add needless complexity to the mold

i might try making one with a coarser concrete mix, i feel like it would look even more cool

The idea is that they follow the shape of your fingers (hence the columnar stagger). Even better would be something like this.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

no it would not you add some foam board and press to make it lose some concrete.

what series aluminum?

I actually work with concrete for a living (fancy countertops and things, not sidewalks) - I've definitely considered trying to make a mold and pour me some concrete keycaps.

Mount them to the armrests of your chair? Are they supposed to be about comfort? Typing efficiency?

6061 if I recall correctly.

Opinions on the HHKB2? Thinking of getting one but it is quite a bit of money...

I'm sure you could mount it to your chair. Yea, they're more comfortable to type on. If you take more comfortable typing to mean more efficient, then that too. Curved columns like that do mean less finger movement is required.

>not 7000 series

is it even hardened?

Thanks.

Beats me, it was years ago that I got the bits of aluminum. 6061 seems good enough™ for something that's just gonna sit on a desk to be honest familia.

Do I go ahead and get the Black on White GMK set for my silver tofu65? I get that it's $100 for ABS, but i think it's pretty sexy.

Attached: UCjrE0EOTdmtFmEjzEPQ_AI7B1686-copy.jpg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=1300&h=767&d (1151x767, 264K)

concrete keycaps?

FUND IT

Love your work milkbag

I've become a software developer, but I notice my keyboard is too high for comfortable typing, I especially notice this in my arms getting tired.

What are solutions to this? Are ergonomic keyboards good?
I know it sounds stupid, but I was thinking of adding a layer of wood on top of my desk, effectively embedding my keyboard in it.
I have a desk with an adjustable height, so that wouldn't matter, but it'd look stupid as fuck.

simplest solution is to just lower the desk a little and get a wrist rest. ergo boards are great if you can touch type confidently from home row. the gergo is a pretty good budget split/ergo board with a trackball in one of the keycaps, plus it's got Lain printed PCB if you're into that kind of signalling.

Attached: vsss.png?auto=format&fit=max&w=1500.png (768x491, 371K)

Probably best to lower the desk until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle with the board.

Would people be interested in shit like external tenting like how the iris does it? Or about acrylic bottom plates? Fancy filament colors? I'm considering actually making & selling fully assembled dactyl-manuforms. Just not sure how simple I should keep it.

Thanks m8.

Attached: IMG_20190119_183732.jpg (3264x1836, 1.46M)

Pic related for what I mean by the iris tenting.

Attached: ZLBqLUC.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

>had tactile+clicky and linear switches before
>want tactile switches for "gaming keys"
>can easily order cherry clears here in germany
>don't want to fall for the "cherry is scratchy" meme
what are the alternatives? are tactiles even the way to go?

Iris. I completely replaced my ergodox with an Iris because the thumb keys are much easier to reach. My hands are about average size and the ergodox thumb cluster isn't unreachable but it's not comfortable.

By gaming keys do you mean basically WASD? I will continue to evangelise linear WASD (for a pure gaming keyboard, of course, keep all the switches the same if you're gonna type on it). And for stuff around it, I prefer really light clicky switches to tactile ones: even just the tactility itself is almost always sharper, or at least seems that way.
So given this, I personally use kailh speed switches (silver on wasd and bronze around it).

Regarding cherry clears specifically, I'd consider them way too heavy for gaming, but if that's to your taste then they're not a bad switch. Apparently cherry got new molds or something and isn't scratchy anymore, though I don't know the details. You can also lube them. The only real alternative are zealios, which do advertise themselves as being extremely smooth and they even come factory lubed and everything, but of course they're zealios so you're gonna have to fork over the zeal tax.

Cherry clears aren't retooled and are still scratchy

Hold up is manufag a buddy? What the shit is with Canadians?

Gergo (even more with chocs) doesn't even need rests, that's how low it go!

Iris style tenting on a bigass acrylic plate would be golden!

tfw typing on mx clears

Also: Georgi artwork!

Attached: Selection_122.png (1561x572, 874K)

Why don't they make low profile wireless mechanical keyboards?

They do tho. Drevo makes some.

Don't buy Das, it's overpriced faux "geek" shit. Build your own, or just have one of the chink stores on Aliexpress assemble for you for like 12$.

Any hotswap boards with the control key in the normal position?

Attached: HHKB_Lite_ctrl.png (1774x565, 1.55M)

Anything with QMK should work yo

boast gore

Attached: IMG_20190126_104836-01.jpg (1920x1254, 698K)

looking for advice
>Budget
150€
>Location (continent at least)
west-europe
>Preferred switch type
not sure. probably red/brown. i think i'll like a bump. needs to be light
>Layout
ISO preferably but don't care that much
>Form factor
75%, I need F1-12 keys
>Backlight
Basic backlighting yes (white), dont need colors
>Previous/current keyboards
pleb Logitech G110

Attached: chill.jpg (236x118, 6K)

Only took 45 minutes apparently but its all clean :)
reminder to clean your keyboards, debris under the caps really fuck with the feel

Attached: IMG_20190126_113951-01.jpg (1920x1253, 688K)

How difficult would it be to build a wireless mechanical keyboard? Are there any kits that do it relatively easily?

Bluetooth PCBs exist.

I haven't found many bluetooth controller for handwiring
adafruit has one for like $25 and then + shipping and battery, it'll run you a fair amount

whereas bluetooth keyboards are available from like $50 bucks

>Iris style tenting on a bigass acrylic plate
That would necessarily make the board pretty tall though. If I was going to add them, they'd be part of the case print.

I was thinking about it, but I opted for ePBT Slate instead. I don't really feel like dealing with gmk meme shine.

Has anyone bought and tried this shit?

Attached: drevo macfag crap.jpg (1024x629, 57K)

Adafruit is overpriced as fuck

Guys, which should I get?
-CAD$300 HHKB Pro 2
-CAD$150 Niz Atom66
-CAD$100 Anne Pro 2

Attached: akDgDCE.jpg (690x462, 40K)

A reproduction IBM model F 62

thank you for the detailed answer!
yes I meant wasd+qef, soldered mx silent blacks in those a while ago
I ordered the kailh speed silvers you mentioned as well as some kailh copper, purple and burnt orange as well as cherry clears to try them out

This but F77

Kira came in. Got it with royals. I like the novelias more.

Attached: 20190126_140233.jpg (2880x2160, 1.55M)

New to mechanical keyboards here.
I'd like a mechanical keyboard without any lights, no letter stickers (or at least have them in a way I can remove them somehow), and no borders. Maybe without numpad. I don't care if it's silent or loud.

What would the cheapest option be for me?

Some chinkboard with the lights turned off.

anyone know where I can get a KBD19X in the UK or equivalent?
not too keen on ordering expensive stuff overseas due to tax fees

Any specific recommendation?

Preferably something with Gateron switches. Buy a cheap set of blank PBT keycaps too and you're set.

I thought you guys were supposed to be smart.

no u.

FC980M has the same layout if you don't care about backlight. UK-based sites probably carry that one.

>why isn't this board from a chink company readily available in britbongland?
Gee, I wonder.

If you don't ask, you don't get

Its an awesome board, but not available in the eu, just checked.

You replied to the wrong post brainlet

Who cares? It's the same poster.

no it isn't because I'm not a retarded brit

Excuse me for mistaken you for a britbong then.

Attached: 1526223954003.png (237x330, 43K)

It's okay I shouldn't've called you a brainlet. Not everyone can be as smart and an USA citizen.

>have to wait (at least) 6 months for MT3 set to put on this board
Suffering.

Attached: IMG_20190126_184437.jpg (3153x1608, 1.08M)

what's Jow Forums's opinion on tenkeyless and full sized keyboards?

I intend to reduce stabilizer rattle on my keyboard, which currently uses (every cheap stabilizer ever shat out by a rundown Chinese factory with a double-digit employee suicide rate) in it. What are some Jow Forums-approved stabilizers?

full size is essential if you type numbers
imagine replying to a Jow Forums post and having to use the top row every time.

Whoops, didn't mean to quote anyone there

Cherry stabs are the standard.

got my gergo in and I'll put it together tonight hopefully. I'll report back with how the process goes since I didn't get the preassembled kit
how is it supposed to be pronounced? jee-ergo? just gergo with a hard g?

Attached: 20190126_153603.jpg (4032x2268, 1.58M)

I use a 40% and a separate numpad. But if I had space I would use a full keyboard.

What's the best quiet mechanical keyboard? Price isn't a factor, but it's something I need to use at work in a near-silent office without distracting anyone else. The best ones I've tried so far are the topre silent boards, which would actually be ideal if it wasn't for the loud-ass fucking spacebar almost completely ruining the point.

Attached: sm.jpg (572x714, 34K)

Something with V2 zilents.

>buy keyboard from merchanicalkeyboards
>pick "Surprise me" for the freebie
>they give me a fucking cheap ass space bar

Thanks user. Looked up a couple of videos and it seems that the spacebar is just as loud on em as the topre ones. After looking into a couple reviews, however, it seems like the loud spacebar is not inherit to either switch but is instead due to a lack of lube?

How big of a pain in the ass is it to lube up the spacebar? I assume you only have to lube the stabilizers and not the switches to get rid of the loud noise.

If you want to go full autism about it you'd clip & lube the stabs, also do the bandaid mod. That would silence it as much as possible.

>pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Budget
How cheap can you get in AUD
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
Don't care
>Form factor
60% is my minimum
>Backlight
Yeah sure but it doesn't have to be RGB
>Previous/current keyboards
See Pic. Early apple Keyboard. Took everything apart and cleaned it with rum so it's pretty clean and works great.

Attached: Mac keyboard.jpg (320x213, 18K)

Thanks, I'll prob just go for a realforce out of convenience then bandaid up the spacebar and lube the stabilizers.

Attached: isnsv1it2hj11.jpg (750x184, 19K)

restock the 660c already
please

Attached: 1548448132348.gif (322x338, 3.87M)

just pre-order it

I haven't shopped for mechs in a few years and I swear this used to be significantly more expensive. $120 for my ideal keyboard seems too good to be true. Is the build quality good?

Attached: Leopold_FC750R.jpg (1005x1000, 110K)

Leopold is one of the better choices for a prebuilt board, so yes.