Tell me a better video player than pic related. Protip: you can't

Tell me a better video player than pic related. Protip: you can't.

Attached: 1200px-VLC_Icon.svg.png (1200x1359, 372K)

Attached: image.png (512x512, 40K)

vcr + crt tv

Attached: mpv.jpg (474x251, 7K)

Attached: 1548433114612.jpg (627x318, 35K)

Your smartphones built-in one.

good shit friend
recently found out it can convert avi or mp4 to webm

Do you get paid to shill this trash?
Because if you do I want in too.

Not an argument.

It simply werks.

mpv. It's mvp.

Attached: icon_512x512.png (512x512, 1.01M)

opensource garbage. freetards out

Back in the day, this was a dependency for many programs. No "ffmpeg" or "DirectShow" bullshit. This was the king.

Attached: 512-Quicktime.png (512x512, 143K)

Seething and copepilled. VLC is open source too, by the way.

I use mpv as my main player but encountered a weird issue with the punisher s02 x265 webrip, brightness kept changing during scenes. I first tought it was a bad encode but it works fine in vlc/mpc.

Attached: 1536767228075.jpg (641x443, 63K)

>I use to use VLC primarily until I ran into some formats which outright didn't play but worked fine in VLC.

Mpc-hc

1. VLC is FOSS. Don't use VLC.
2. MPV is an actually good media play, I can't find non-free software as good as MPV. It works. It works well. It's nice to use.

Pot Player :)

this tb h

>FOSS is bad
kill yourself freetard

Finally a good recommendation. Thank you.

Attached: Am_microsoft_media_player.png (400x300, 97K)

No. MX player is superior in every way minus being libre, which your built-in video player probably isn't anyways.

>Gets stuck in the kernel once a month
Hasn't occurred with SMPayer, that being said some mp4s don't play correctly but do so with VLC.

Baka MPlayer, it lets you take screen shots with and without the subs showing

Attached: Baka-MPlayer_023_1.png (186x168, 11K)

>it werks
Do you enjoy telling lies on the internet ????

That's one of the tonemapping settings. Just turn it off if it bothers you.

Attached: 033C93CD-5EE8-4B67-A9FC-AF5106D0A422.png (386x500, 73K)

I will switch to this when it will have click on video to pause.
I've already tried plug-ins but they do not work.

I've used MPV for a long time and it always worked. Why are you trying to trick me into believing it doesn't?

Tell me a video player that doesn't have massive security flaws first

it appears that VLC uses never-expiring, 1024-bit DSA key with sha1 hashing. It also allows this 1024-bit DSA key to authorize a new-key that can be used for updates: you only need to sign either the status file (capped at 64KiB) or the update with the 1024-bit DSA key.

In addition to the key, its suspectable to a number of different attacks-- similar to those that APT repositories are vulnerable against: Replay Attack, Freeze Attack, DOS (Endless Data) attack, etc. Most don't trust 1024-bit DSA anymore (e.g: OpenSSH, Debian). Most don't trust sha1 for cryptographic purposes anymore.

TLS adds another level of security and authenticity. Together they'd probably stop many attacks-- assuming the client acts appropriately. If VLC ignoring the key expiration date is any indication: I'd be careful.

>security issues
>on a video player
excuse me but
what

It's not just a video player though. All those menu options you ignore actually do shit. Regardless, yes. Malicious videos that can execute code on a computer are a thing that exists.

Not OP, but unlike VLC, I can't properly run DVD media (VIDEO_TS folder) on this. Until then, I'll stick with VLC as being my main player.

thanks I will check the setting.