NewPipe 0.15.0

It's finally out and livestreams are fucked and broken!

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.15.0

ATTENTION: This version is propably a bugfest, just like the last one. However doe to the full shutdown since the 17. a broken version is better then no version. Right? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Improvements

downloaded files can now be opened with one click#1879

drop support for android 4.1 - 4.3#1884

remove old player#1884

remove streams from current play queue by swiping them to the right#1915

remove auto queued stream when a new stream is enqueued manually#1878

Postprocessing for downloads and implement missing features#1759by@kapodamy

Post-processing infrastructure

Proper error handling "infrastructure" (for downloader)

Queue instead of multiple downloads

Move serialized pending downloads (.gigafiles) to app data

Implement max download retry

Proper multi-thread download pausing

Stop downloads when swicthing to mobile network (never works, see 2nd point)

Save the thread count for next downloads

A lot of incoherences fixed

Fixed

Fix crash with default resolution set to best and limited mobile data resolution#1835

pop-up player crash fixed#1874

NPE when trying to open background player#1901

Fix for inserting new streams when auto queuing is enabled#1878

Fixed the decypering shuttown issue

Attached: NewPipe.png (225x225, 3K)

tldr on this shit, never heard of it
don't bother with a link, i won't click it.

Update on fdroid when?

opensource jewtube player

Just use 0.14.1, it just werks.

its a free software youtube """app""" for el fonez

basically an open-source youtube app for those that dont want ads or to run the closed-source youtube app which spies on you even more than youtube does on its own

I just zone out during ads until I can tap the skip button

huh

I guess I developed mental adblock

what's jewgle gonna do about this?

nice!

Attached: pokoteng.jpg (210x240, 19K)

When I install it says "App was not installed", what do?

Hello, this is George from North Carolina. Have you tried installing the app?

Yes

Attached: Screenshot_20190125-214836.png (1312x2560, 52K)

>drop support for android 4.1 - 4.3#1884
F

Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to hear that! I'll refer you to a supporttechnician. Please wait for the E-mail. Average response time is [12 days 14 hours 22 minutes]

Sorry for the inconvience!

use vanced in the mean time

>It's finally out
1 week ago you are late.

It's more than that. You can play videos and live streams with the app closed, so it's kind of like free youtube red.

REEEE! THIS APP IS C-R-A-P

Attached: download.jpg (273x184, 4K)

No it doesn't it doesn't load any videos that how I even knew about this

lern 2 read nigga

Learn 2vread what?

If you already have the F-Droid version you need to uninstall it first.

numbers

The fdroid version doesn't work

>using fdroid when github exists

enjoy not being able to use newpipe for a week while fdroid waits to update

Thanks!

>It's finally out and livestreams are fucked and broken!

Attached: 250px-079Slowpoke.png (250x250, 46K)

>The fdroid version doesn't work

Attached: 2.jpg (612x612, 84K)

It bloody well doesn't it wouldn't load any videos for me at all it's broken as fuck

youtube changed something in their backend and fdroid hasn't yet updated to the newer newpipe version. You can grab it straight from their github and then reinstall when fdroid gets updated.

That's what I did brain dead then this shit head comes along

yeah, he's right though. The current latest on fdroid doesn't work, but if you downgrade to one previous build then it's fine.

>Downgrade

Do I look like CD projeckt red to you?

tfw i haven't updated newpipe in like 2 months and it still just werks fine, except livestreams but these are for zoomers anyways

Anyone with any brain uses it for background playing, not as a normal substitute, you fucking retard.

most people here probably do use it as a normal substitute actually, since it does everything required from a youtube app.

That means google got you. If you dont think about it, you are consuming those ads in the back of your head even more than someone who does.
>inb4 "hurr not for me my psychology is different than everyone elses" massive cope

The devs are rude pieces of shit. They don't have standards and probably enjoying teasing their supporters waiting desperately for a working YouTube dl app that rivels Videoder for years.

They should take down the website and use the money to host it on hiring a developer.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-26-10-03-18-144_com.fastaccess.github.libre.png (1080x2160, 271K)

Works on my phone. Which livestream doesn't work?

Doesn't seem rude to me. You're special

youtube vanced doesnt have this problem

They close polite suggestions for new features and chastise anyone who shows any degree of impatience or dissatisfaction with their incredibly slow progress. They will take your money and allow you to solve their buggy mess though.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-26-10-40-41-982_com.fastaccess.github.libre.png (1080x2160, 179K)

Can you niggers please update the F-Droid repository.

Actually, I am the nigger because I have skin that lets off gamma rays and I attract cars, and I don't like my sister but shes okay I don't have any money to pay Wendys even though I owe them money, I know they'll come for it if I dont get it within the next 66 days for order 66

>huh? ah don eben nobice da cock im ma mouph amymor

This app sucks so fucking much
Everytime I want to play a video it just doesn't work
Who uses this

Those all are ui suggestions. They working on internals first. You can take NewPipe and put new skin on it if you prefer it right away

At least it can fucking play anything now. Last version could barely fucking open. I'd use something else but I'm too lazy to search for it.

it's cool for listening to stuff in the background, watching stuff in the foreground works mostly ok too
never really used the downloader feature though, it feels like youtube-dl does a better job, i can remux manually with ffmpeg

Did they implement a sane playback speed menu yet? The old one (pic related) was pretty much perfect. The new one (14.x) is fucking garbage that forces me to scroll down and fiddle with tiny checkboxes.

Attached: Latest-NewPipe-Update-Lets-You-Control-the-Playback-Speed-of-YouTube-Videos-390x390_c.png (390x390, 77K)

>If you don't think about it ... consuming ... more than someone who does.
Source.

I like changing speed by 5 percents
the best solution would be to just set "unlink" checked by default
or to save the speed settings forever

>hey, work harder for free
>I understand you rely on newpipe but we're doing this on our free tim...
>REEEE
I don't see how it's rude, the one being rude is that idiot telling his patience has limits. Newpipe is open source, he can probably contribute if it takes too long. People like him disgust me to the highest point.

It's phoney innocence. They set it up to profit financially or by inflating their egos. They know full well that at the rate they are going it will be 2020 or later when NewPipe hits the same level as Videoder. If suddenly everyone ditched NewPipe overnight they would scramble to regain that support. But because they have enough attention and with donations and casual coders coming it, they don't feel the need to speed up their work. I hate when my support and patience is not valued as an individual. For two years I have been singing their praises but it is becoming clear to me they have every intention of stringing me along at a pace of their choosing.

>updating if it still works
You're the only one to blame here. I'm still on 0.14.1 and I have yet to encounter any problem. So I didn't update

Attached: 1540599332870.png (1212x981, 366K)

No muxing in 0.14.1. It's buggy as shit however in 0.15.0.

You sound crazy as fuck, taking things personally like that and even imagining intentions behind actions of others.

What's the point of Muxing On a phone

It's not personal? They make a direct plea for support from you - in which case, that's me. I've held my side of the bargain. They promised a working app, and within a reasonable timespan. They gave all intention of following through, and the snazzy website and magazine publications would indicate they are aware of their importance. But they do everything but release the working app. When they release a new version, it's unusable. They hadn't updated the F-Droid page for weeks because some idiot changed the unique IDs. It just smacks of laziness and incompetence, delivering everything trivial and nothing important. Shirking their duties to deliver the app asap.

What I suggest they do is take down the website, because there is no point in hyping people over an app in development hell. Use the money they have/save to employ a real developer to finish some critical features, like correcting the muxing. They won't of course, because that's considered hateful, or in the tech world "a dick move mane".

I want to support them. But they need to fulfill their end of the bargin. I am not a chump sat waiting indefinitely for their app to have a stable release in 2022 when YouTube is old news. I wouldn't be so pissed if this wasn't a common trend with devs who recognize the importance of their task and how many people are waiting, OR if they were more open and apologetic about their sluggishness.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-26-16-36-34-626_com.rahul.videoderbeta.png (1080x2160, 957K)

To download 320p, 420p, 720 60fps, 1080p 60fps video with audio mixed into it. To view it on the phone, broadcast onto a HDTV, or to transfer onto a computer once downloaded.

This is when I realized the app was being developed by power gapped retard mongoloids

SAID NOTHING
IT SUDDENLY DOESN'T WANT TO WORK NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT DEAL WITH UNRECOVERABLE PLAYER ERROR
YIKES

Attached: hrrrrrrnh.png (701x643, 637K)

this. I live in a second world country and gewgle won't even let me buy yt red

So Jow Forums I know this is the libre way of watching youtube on my phone, but what about desktop? Peertube fucking sucks except for the stallman song video and I need another frontend, similar to newpipe so I can manage subscriptions easily.

Manage subscriptions with an rss reader and play with youtube-dl/mpv

This.
I just use it to download some music that's only on yt (mainly beats) and for background playback when someone on a party requests a track from YouTube.

It works well, but I think it's clear that the official app is way better when it comes to browsing and watching.

You can use mpv but I'm still searching for a good way of using it. The extensions didn't work so well for me.

youtube-viewer for videos. mps-youtube for playing music from youtube. This is CLI only so you have to deal with the lack of thumbnails. 15 years ago when things had sane naming schemes it was alright but this zoomer schizo naming shit "WOKE ASS NIGGA SUCKLESS GUIDE BTFO urxvt ST SAVAGE TERMINAL" the searching becomes quite trying on the soul.

>all that gay shit
lol nothing on YouTube is worth that much effort

Why are imported subscriptions STILL NOT showing in order / with the most recent videos? Are the devs unironically retarded? This is the most important feature, not faster multithread downloading.

the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1512413033196.png (442x509, 172K)