Fuck this faggot

Attached: main24index.jpg (300x250, 16K)

a challenger appears

Attached: kgxff-3.jpg (630x621, 67K)

could be easier to connect. it will destroy the motherboard if you just try to put it in the connector. usually i connect that one before putting the board in the case so i can have my hand behind the connector

>tfw power,reset, and the hdd light work on mine but the power led wont

You're all weaklings

Attached: Atx_molex_mini[1].jpg (956x717, 81K)

these are the worst offenders, behind molex of course

Can't wait for 24pin to change

No reason for it to be like that anymore, smaller connectors that can do the same current

Some genius thought it'd be a good idea to make these motherfuckers completely symmetrical save for one tiny molded-on arrow.

Attached: 4-pin-power-line-connector-for-3528-5050[1].jpg (800x800, 33K)

24pin is fine
Stop being a little bitch boy

That shit is nothing, I'll never understand why you people sperg out about them so much. Only shitty boards don't follow the defacto standard for it.

>computer babbies think any connector in a PC is ever a problem
Imagine trying to find a spread pin in a car with 90 computer modules, 700 connectors, and some of those connectors having 50+ pins

Attached: ecu-connector3.jpg (640x453, 48K)

just paint the arrow white, since I did that, it's really easy.

You brainlet

Attached: JAMITIN.jpg (480x720, 76K)

If you plug them once in your computer they're fine. But when you use them for other type of electronics like arduino or something, they are a pain in the ass, they get loose very quickly .

Attached: sku_151537_1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

I just think it makes more sense to split it in half into two side-by-side connectors. 20+4 is slightly better but still not good enough.

Jam turn it in it on?

Just tape them together
>Manufactured in Hell

Lol fuck car electronics
Abs/tsc hasn't worked in my mums car for over a year I hate wiring looms

yeah fuck those things
>put motherboard in case
>plug everything in
>get to those small power switch, reset switch, power led and hdd led connectors
>open the motherboard manual for the first and last time ever
>see how they are connected on that particular board
>close manual and keep it since you may need to look that shit up again
every fucking time

all other connectors and standardized and strait-forward. well, except this fancy new RGB shit,
those were a mistake. but everything else can basically be plugged in blindfolded .. except those fucking case connectors. how hard would to be to standardize that shit?

Hey, it's time to reapply the thermal paste!
All you have to do it *CREAK*

Attached: intel pin.jpg (355x355, 16K)

It's been over a year since I reapplied thermal paste and I'm very scared

Attached: 3333.jpg (722x860, 98K)

just invest in proper coolers

it's not like they're expensive

No!

Might as well just get one of these and forget about paste, it'll last till the PC dies and after that just put it on another PC

Attached: 91bCI29KsnL._SL1500_ (1).jpg (1500x1231, 172K)

its hard to get that thing back. it might look like the those things are locked properly but the high temps will show later that its not.

Linus pls go

what if you use this along with paste

when i first got pc parts and had to add a new power supply i saw the hole and thought i broke the shit for a minute

This is when you're lucky enough to not get those shitty flaps snapped.
Then, you have to reach your bag of those shits and struggle to replace it on the cooler.

Had an oh shit moment last night as I pulled them out instead of a sata cable to rearrange them to make it look nicer (added a hard drive), but turns out after 5 years the wires were basically bent into the same general layout so I was able to just put it back in.

Attached: 711.jpg (600x578, 43K)

Kinda ruins the point of it being something that will never degrade or dry out
Probably wouldn't be detrimental if just enough was used to fill the pad's voids but anything more would just be more layers of TIM before the heatsink

heh

Attached: cannonplug.jpg (900x600, 84K)

Yes, can't you read?

the shit metal shit china aids breaks off if you put it in a breadboard and pull it out too hard. really gay and aids

Fuck both AMD and Intel's air cooler mounting methods. Why can't they all just use mounting brackets like Noctua?

we have it everyday
we have same threads everyday
there is hardly any new content anymore

*rips the socket right off the board when you try to pull it out*
nothin personell kid

I'M STILL HERE FUCKERS!

Attached: molex.jpg (428x250, 8K)

Well get a job in the industry and engineer a new alternative to the 24-pin and I'll stop posting it.

that one empty hole had me scared shitless when I first built my PC, thought I fucked something up and broke it.

Yeah but where? There's no space for my dick in there.

This is almost as bad as the 24 pin since the molex pins NEVER FUCKING LINE UP but at least it doesn't hurt my thumbs/fingers to push it in.

Molex is way nicer, iunno why it gets so much hate

Huh? If molex doesn't line up you fucked up in ways that man cannot comprehend....

Attached: DxB9-ByVsAA-RFM.jpg (544x565, 61K)

Once upon a time I built a PC that would shutdown immediately when you press the reset switch, I payed no mind to the issue until I noticed the power led never turned on, then I realized my mistake and how lucky I was to not fried my board.

Attached: sk7zNzR.png (644x665, 468K)

Why don’t PC companies use Traxxas or Deans connectors like my fancy toy cars?

literally impossible to fry a mobo with these lil fags

The pins move out of alignment. Happens a lot.

fucking hate these things

>tiny 6 pin molex in modems

I forgot to rotate them back to position when pushing down and broke the fuckers. I hate them so much.

Meh, they're not too bad, the 12 pin ATX is worse. It's also inconsistent, some times it plugs in and out without hassle, some other times I feel like I'm gonna snap the board because of how much force I need to use. Fuck that piece of shit for all eternity.

>12 pin ATX
I meant 24 pin.

Is this compatible with any cooler (including aio blocks)? I always wanted to try one but I was too unsure (and lazy desu) to actually buy one.

>I'm too stupid to build a computer, make it easier for me REEEEEEEEEE

No, it only happens to idiots who can't built computers and probably shouldn't involve themselves on a hardware level at all.

This, they're really fucking cheap.

I like the AMD clip, honestly. Nice and simple and won't break very easily.

>over a year
Nigga please... Six years here, still neat n' cool

Because molex pins often come misaligned because the pins themselves aren't permanently seated into the plastic housing and have too much play

Hey guys, do you lov eme yet?

Attached: usb-3-micro-cable.jpg (640x424, 49K)

it says 30x30 mm so just measure the contact area of your cooler, you can probably trim it with scissors if necessary, and if its too small just buy two and cuts some strips off the second one to make it as big as your need.
yes, it is equivalent to trying to put your dick in a tight pussy in a dark room with your hands tied being your back. but seriously the secret is just to move the wires behind the molex with your thumb to get the pins in the proper position before attempting to plug it.

I don't understand this, was it supposed to be a stopgap?

>too hard and causes bleeding on fingers
>too soft and it breaks on slightest sneeze

There's 30x30 for standard and 40x40 for larger cpu. So you have options.

>secret is just to move the wires behind the molex with your thumb to get the pins in the proper position before attempting to plug it.

This becomes much harder when the female end ends up mis-aligning in the process undoing all of that entirely.

>it will destroy the motherboard if you just try to put it in the connector.

No it won't.
Same with RAM.
It's almost as if motherboards were designed to have stuff plugged into them....

Why don't they standardize the pins and have the plug as one big piece?

Honestly it made sense. It was a nice idea to keep all the extra 3.0 pins separate, that way you can keep compatibility with micro usb 2.0 cables and devices.

>>it will destroy the motherboard if you just try to put it in the connector.
>
>No it won't.
You don't know that. If the plastic connector is one of those very hard plastics, it may destroy the motherboard. If the connector is old and uses the older hard plastic, it could very well destroy the motherboard if pushed hard enough.

Modern 24 pin plastics are quite a bit soft in comparison to older ones, I think this change was gradual as people complained about the connector.

Looking at the reactions to this image, apparently a simple finger screw is the ultimate plebfilter for amateur PC assembly.

I hate these and molex connectors with a passion. But specially these. Getting that shit in all the way is fucky. Taking it out, not any less fucky either. Since 4 pins are split most often, you have to push further on the center to make sure that the fucking side of the 20 pin connector that's facing the 4 pin one is all the way down. Fuck that shit.

Also I hate the way some motherboards are designed. The 4+4 pin connector all the way at the top left corner that you can barely access if you have a big CPU cooler and an exhaust fan. I have two motherboards like that and it pisses me off they would do that shit. Not to mention I have to take out the motherboard to take out the CPU cooler because two of the fucking screws on the back are covered by the also terrible case I have.

God why do I buy such pieces of shit. At least I bought a PSU that will last me until I kill myself.

What about the adapters that let you plug into it and then plug the adapter into the board easily?

These things were a bitch to deal with. One breaking and then having to get a splitter for the one that works but then one of the ones on the splitter break so you gotta get another and then you wind up with a giant mess of splitters not remembering which fucking ones work.

Are you mentally challenged?

>Nobody posted this yet

Attached: Challenger.jpg (578x600, 42K)

I deal with these nightly when I work on the eagle TXP, they arnt that bad

I haven't even cleaned dust out of my pc since I built it in 2016, reapplying thermal paste is a meme unless you overclock your cpu into a heating element

What's wrong with it?

>burns down your house

Nothing personal, kid.

Attached: 71oT-ztth8L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 14K)

Merchants hate it

Yes, it's so strange to come to this board and get reminded that people have issues with those literal non-issues despite calling themselves computer enthusiasts.

It's just fucking sad at this point.

Attached: 1163964758213.jpg (180x172, 8K)

are you brain damaged in a way?

It really was meant to be the USB 3 version of MicroUSB
To be honest there was nothing wrong with it , it just reeked of lazy engineering and wasn't normie friendly (Samsung had it on the Galaxy S5 but went back to micro usb 2.0 ion the S6)

God damnit fuck these guys. It makes no sense why the computer industry came up with some of the worst connector standards when automotive and military have like a million proprietary connectors that self align and work flawlessly even when soaked with corrosive liquids.

my H500 did this

Too thick, can easily bend pins I guess. Other than that nothing

first installation is easy. give it a few years of heat and then prepare your anus. these things break.

they always make the fucking thing too rigid and it always gets in the way of something. designed by literal imbeciles.

The fact that it uses a fat ass cable instead of thin ones. There is no reason to need a cable like that for it's intended purpose.

There is like 20 (10+10) conductors in a USB3 front panel cable, it's going to be somewhat thick if you want to achieve 5gbps at the port

Disconnecting it is the biggest problem with them

Does that shit actually work or is it just a meme?

It does, it only suppose to be a few degrees worst than paste but what ever temps you get from it will stay that way forever.
Some people end up with better temps when switching there old paste to the pad.

why do they always have that one hole empty

t. phtefe jerbs

Why would that cable burn down the house...

It's not used, why waste a connector?

because retards don't realise sata connectors take several times fewer amps than molex connectors
why would a retarded nocoiner even have any clue about this?