How THE FUCK do i get rid of screen tearing

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Attached: kms1.png (1070x601, 507K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/667466/screen-tearing-in-ubuntu-with-nvidia-intel-graphics
youtube.com/watch?v=fNWghDrW_UU
cmscritic.com/stop-screen-tearing-with-optimus-laptops-using-nvidia-drivers-in-linux
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

politely ask your monitor to stop reading the framebuffer memory laisez faire

V-sync G-sync Free-sync

you gotta edig yoru zorg.conf nigger

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tried:
>askubuntu.com/questions/667466/screen-tearing-in-ubuntu-with-nvidia-intel-graphics
got black screen after login

>sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/zz-nvidia-modeset.conf

>options nvidia_384_drm modeset=1
got stuck in login loop

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 2019:01:26:00:00:05.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

u dont

Freesync or fast vsync

Turn off the compositor u faggot

use windoze lel

Use a real os lol

KDE>System Settings>Display and Monitor>Compositor>Uncheck "Allow applications to block compositing"

Attached: 304026.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Get a CRT

This but unironically.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sudo apt install compton

Live with it. Little screen tearin's good for ya. Builds character.

op here, i had fixed it and didnt realise, since i have low iq i tested the tearing only in one vidya and i never tought the problem was in the vame settings fixed

Attached: 1548482970187993963506.jpg (1944x2592, 1.18M)

very yes m

>have G-Sync capable Monitor
>still get minor screen tearing
>turn on V-Sync on top of it to try and remove small amount of tearing left
>starts conflicting with G-Sync and slows the game to grinding halt
>can’t disable G-Sync on my monitor
>can’t replace since it’s on a laptop

Fuck my life.

Wait you are using i3 instead of a normal DE? Well that makes sense. I think you are supposed to use compton.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1473194892698.jpg (640x480, 148K)

i was using compton, all i had to do was turn on full compositon pipeline, i spend the whole day doing retarded shit i found in ask ubunt treads and they usualy fucked up my display, after a while i decided to test the another game and it ran fine, so in the end pipeline had fixed it but i did not know because im a low iq retard and i only tested a vidya without messing with its settings

>>can’t replace since it’s on a laptop
Tell me this is a joke.

G-Sync. Best purchase I ever made.

Does anybody here think OP has ever driven a single person away from Linux? I mean these threads get made every single day, and yet I doubt one person has ever changed their perception from neutral or positive to negative. Not one person has ever decided not to install Linux because of OP. It just comes off as if a retarded person who should probably have a console and a phone at the most is sperging out because a real OS is too hard to use, as they have a sub-normal IQ.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Fuck Jannies 六四天安門事件 The Black Lives Matter protests of 2016 天安門大屠殺 The Sandy Hook False Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Goyim Struggle 大躍進政策 The Gay Rights Movement 文化大革命 The Niggers Sent To Africa 人權 Paid Shills 民運 Demoralization 自由 Ebola Weapon 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-Glownigger system 台灣 臺灣 911 Inside Job 中華民國 Republic Not Democracy 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tendie 達賴喇嘛 Install OpenBSD 法輪功 Traps Are Gay 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize For King Nigger 劉暁波 Chris Poole 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Weaves 劉曉波动态网自由门

Attached: 222555AF-E6FF-407E-9A17-361B463A7887.jpg (360x421, 39K)

gentoo doesn't has this problet D;

>every linuxnewfag is a shill

tick the box that says force composition pipeline. it fixed all screen tearing for me.

this
this finally fixed it!
tested it on this clip, in the beginning there's flashing words that used to tear COMPLETELY
youtube.com/watch?v=fNWghDrW_UU
stable as fuck now
thanks man

Attached: the linux experience.png (900x756, 38K)

Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 with Nvidia driver 390.48 (not from ppa, just from Ubuntu repo).

edit this file (or create it)

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/zz-nvidia-modeset.conf

and add this line

options nvidia_drm modeset=1

on Ubuntu 18.04 it's not recommended to write nvidia driver version in line above

after all, update initramfs with

sudo update-initramfs -u

then reboot.

Source: cmscritic.com/stop-screen-tearing-with-optimus-laptops-using-nvidia-drivers-in-linux

I hate to say it but
>linux
found your problem