Does Discord even work for anyone else on Linux...

Does Discord even work for anyone else on Linux? It literally runs like shit for me and I physically cannot voice chat with anyone anymore, I can barely type because of how bad it is. Are there any fucking alternatives to Discord at all, or are we too late because everyone's come to Discord already?

Attached: 37fb50766dd3604db012e83d8ab5792d4755cfd0_hq.jpg (910x1024, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cancel.fm/ripcord/
github.com/electron/electron/issues/13035
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Discord runs directly on the kernel? Surely you use a windows manager and operating environment. GNU/Linux is pretty damn good by now, maybe you should give it a try

Use the website.

Discord doesn't run on GNU/Linux. It needs a display server, something GNU/Linux lacks.

personal build of Mumble

thread

none of my friends are going to go to Mumble and neither are the majority of Discord users.

It works perfectly on Ubuntu 18.p4

I'm running it fine right now on my laptop with Manjaro and it doesn't seem any better or worse than my windows partition with it.

cancel.fm/ripcord/
Here's a stripped down discord you could try if your hardware is lacking? I'm on an old T420 so I don't know.

I wish my friends would stop using mumble.
>Have a discord server
>use Mumble for voice instead
I only have it installed to talk to like 6 people at this point.

well, discord does not offer much in terms of ux, except fancy clickable links, which probably can be implemented in about an hour as a join command using encoded or plaintext ip

If you're using the electron desktop application, try disabling hardware acceleration. For whatever fucking reason, that can fuck with voice receive. UI might be choppy once that's disabled though. I've found that Discord runs best for Linux through Chrome.
Outside of that though, I'd say Riot is pretty good. Mumble is okay too, but the UI is a bit dated and might spook some of your normie friends.

You might want to look at ripcord. It's a discord client written in C++.
>inb4 cpp is bloat
It's still better than the electron client

>all these people on Jow Forums using discord

>I physically cannot voice chat with anyone on Discord while using Linux
Linux is trying to save you, amigo

Werks perfectly for me on Arch + KDE

some of us are social, user.

"Social" means talking to people and interacting in real life, using chromium based spyware doesn't make up for you not leaving your basement

social activity doesn't just relate to real world socialization, i'm not making the argument that talking to people through discord is more social than talking to someone face to face, but it's still a form of social activity.

I have no need for discord as a social outlet, I live on campus and interact with people in person. As for professionally, email and IRC are lightweight alternatives with innumerable use options

>using discord
What are you a tranny?

I fuck trannys

>Does Discord even work for anyone else on Linux?
Works flawlessly for me.

>I physically cannot voice chat with anyone anymore
This likely isn't a problem with Discord itself, but with either your microphone or your speakers, or with the drivers communicating with them. Switching to a different voice chat program won't help.

Seems like Discord is for you then, carry on sailor.

Werks on my machine.

>drinking systemd
jesus christ

Attached: link_h9t4WvD04ZvT55q8FW41N6edFS861vTH w300h223.jpg (300x223, 17K)

Last time I drank sunny d it was with vodka and I threw all it up

imagine Poettering spyware inside your organs

Geo location, ip addresses and every message dated back to 2015 neatly sorted on a silver plate.
Wouldn't use it for much more than shitposting.

Attached: discord.png (793x465, 24K)

yeah, the only other real reason I use Discord is because my irl friends use it. I personally have wanted to leave and go somewhere else ever since they added the fucking store, and before that honestly, it's literal spyware.

>uses Arch Linux

1. Stop being a zoomer
2. Run it in browser

Have to enable hardware acceleration since the latest patch or else it runs like utter shit.
Even with that, notifications still don't work, and it looks like it's an Electron bug github.com/electron/electron/issues/13035