ghostbin.com/paste/f98js
pastebin.com/raw/EvWC9uSa
pastebin.com/raw/KaS2ih1B
haasn.xyz/posts/2017-10-05-how-to-benchmark-mpvs-raw-throughput.html
github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x
github.com/rossy/mpv-install
github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been using mpv for a year to play just about any audio and video file, but it's been base config all the way.

What relevant things can I do by tweaking it?

You can cut specific parts of a youtube video and convert them into webms using youtube-dl+webm.lua

What's with the garbage key mapping? 0 and 9 are not easy keys to find given my hands aren't already on the keyboard.
Right click instead of space bar is almost as bad.

You can remap any key using input.conf

It doesn't do jack. Do I have to recompile MPV to change the bindings?

I love mpv so much. I don't think there's any other program I use that's even remotely as advanteous to others in its genre as mpv.

conf: privatebin.net/?cd41103df284b450#x5QnUK92Pi0Ozgci566eMSSNxyaln2jADGa6ZvtvVcU=

Currently have most of the recource heavy settings disabled since I'm using mpv on the go frequently, lately, and need to squeeze in as much battery life as I can.

What are some things you like the most about mpv? The least?

Attached: Screenshot_20190125_232720.png (2711x1280, 2.69M)

If I use KrigBilateral and SSSR, should I bother with having scale and cscale be ewa_lanczos?

>It doesn't do jack.
Elaborate on how you tested. What OS are you using? On Windows, you need to place the input.conf into a folder named mpv that is located in the same folder as the executable. Make sure it's actually input.conf and not input.conf.txt.

pip install python-mpv
import mpv
>OSError: /usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var
why can't this shit work at once?

The file was in the doc folder to start with, moving it out fixed it. TY.

HOLY SHIT!
I thought it only worked on local files.

Attached: UnknownExhaustedCondor.webm (432x656, 211K)

Streaming technically still makes a local file. You can make mpv write the stream into a file, actually.

Don't bother with ewa_lanczos ever.

>If your hardware can run it, this is probably what you should use by default.
And why shouldn't I?

>probably

For my HTCP I use the following. It can JUST run this, GPU hovers at 80-90% when playing something on a 1080 TV.
profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
video-sync=display-resample
tscale=oversample
volume=80

Attached: M93p.png (814x542, 88K)

Is there a way to have a bind within input.conf that disables toggled a script on and off?

I'm trying to do this with autoload.lua but haven't found a solution. I tried script-opts=autload-disabled=yes with no luck.

Sht doesn't werk right at all
I have i7-4720HQ and gtx 950m 4gb
And mpv sht break most of time
How the fuck you make mpv interpolation smooth as SVP??????

>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
placebo

ghostbin.com/paste/f98js

Attached: Screenshot_20190126_082332.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>pastebin.com/raw/EvWC9uSa

pastebin.com/raw/KaS2ih1B

Is wm4 back yet?

>update mpv on fedora
>they changed the icon
what the fuck?

why use mpv when I can use mpc-be + madvr + lav filters?

How to move to the next song from playlist with keyboard?

Enter.

One of the reasons why people use it because it's really light weight. Their was a video going round that only mpv and MPC were able to play. MPV used the least amount of resources
The second is all the add-ons. Such as making a webm while watching the video and many other things

I find that downloading one portable thing once and occasionally running a bat updatecheck is more convenient for me than downloading three separate things and keeping all that garbage up-to-date.

I've seen a few config files with gpu-api=vulkan in it. Manual only describes it as "Controls which type of graphics APIs will be accepted".
But this doesn't tell me anything. Would this positively impact my resource usage and/or performance if I add that line to my config file (GTX1060)?
I don't use any shaders apart from adaptive sharpen in some very rare cases and my whole video-related config only has:
profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

haasn.xyz/posts/2017-10-05-how-to-benchmark-mpvs-raw-throughput.html

i've been using mpv for weeks now, why the fuck do you need all these configs for I don't get it

What is the best way to integrate mpv with FF in this day and age? There are some addons, but which one is the right choice? What's Jow Forums using?

>libmpv

Instead of doing this, I recommend you control mpv using the JSON RPC interface, over a unix socket.

h o w

>>Streaming technically still makes a local file
not to my knowledge. youtube-dl is used to get the raw url, which is then passed through mpv to ffmpeg.

Dead player.

Please respond.

script-message

How to do it?

It won't build anymore via MSYS2. Waf puts the drive root on the end of some paths and it gets goofed all up.

MSYS2 isn't perfect, but things build just fine most of the time. Haven't bothered trying to fix it.

Open With

Open With

I can't play YouTube videos anymore in mpv. Wtf happened?

I require scripts that may assist in attempting to use mpv as an image viewer. Please post what you have.

Update

Never mind... so far. Pulled latest changes, build is going fine.

See if it links and binary works properly.

Attached: shuri-ssim.png (907x1285, 215K)

>cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

Stop copying shit configs you read on the internet. Use ewa_lanczossoft for chroma coz u want to make colors softer not sharper, Jesus.

>why use X
>when I can use X + Y + Z

You're just retard.

Huh, works. I vaguely remember the waf package being updated a while ago, guess that fixed it.

Gonna try with LTO etc.

>cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

Stop copying shit configs you read on the internet. Use ewa_lanczossoft for chroma coz u want to make colors softer not sharper, Jesus.

improves scaling quality

"Couldn't create EGL pbuffer"
Well, not quite right yet. Could be my incredibly old GPU. Does mpv default to DX11?

cscale=haasnsoft is also pretty good.

Just purchased a year subscription for MPV. Totally worth the price.

I just find it incredibly amusing that something named "Waifu2x" comes out on top of some metric.

See:
github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x

Does anyone knows how to use QTGMC vapoursynth filter with mpv?

Open With
update youtube-dl
how?

>recommending haasnblur

>scale-radius=3.2383154841662362
Is there any visible difference from the default "3.0" or I'm just blind?

combined with ravu r4 chroma looks pretty good.

I formatted my computer. Can you guys remind me how i associate all video files with mpv in winblows? I remember having to do some stupid hack last time

github.com/rossy/mpv-install

There has been an installer for a long time

github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md

Execute the install.bat with admin rights.
Then go to Default Apps and select mpv

Attached: 313113.png (1201x937, 217K)

no that's just another placebo option

Thanks bros i got it. Pretty sure this is whaf i did last time

Attached: 00.png (1148x1834, 669K)

how ewa_hanning compares to ewa_lanczos?

and pls dont link me to that shitty rose.jpg in the wiki with nearly no-human-eye difference

Attached: ewa_hanning.png (1152x921, 3.05M)

Attached: ewa_lanczos.png (1152x921, 3.05M)

Holly fucking shit! Thx fella

What would be your recommended config for a integrated HD Graphics 4600?

>cscale=ewa_hanning
>cscale-radius=3.2383154841662362
>scale-blur=1.0

that should be cscale-blur

Provide source image?

I'm always thinking about lossless compression strategies and that image gives me some ideas. Just want the clearest version to hold onto.

Attached: 14882738322981.png (100x80, 1K)

Attached: 1473980640636.png (460x460, 202K)

fuck you haasn
hdr for windows 10 when

Use vlc.

Thanks.

Also, optimized.

Attached: 1548545250558.png (100x80, 423)

Attached: LG New York HDR UHD 4K Demo_00_00_17_0001.jpg (3840x2160, 2.6M)

I would use mpv over mpc-hc if they added a status/seek bar -under- the video along with a volume scroller.

also i still cant understand why the devs don't you an option to position videos on xy coordinate with the starting point being the -middle- of a video not the fucking corner

you want meaningless things then you script those by yourself

>macfags winning again
It's not fair.

Attached: sc-sky.png (1480x930, 656K)

>position videos on xy
You mean you want the window to open in the middle of the screen? It normally does that, but if it doesn't, use geometry=50%:50%.
Why the hell do you need the that shit under? You can use progressbar or something to get a tiny bar at the bottom (it's still technically over the video) and use keybindings for volume. The OSC is fine really, unless you're seeking to rice.
I'm sure you could make something like that with a script. Personally, I think your pic isn't that great.

it's still better than what we have

When i watch twitch vods in mpv, it's sometimes skips ten seconds forward for some reason and you usually can't go back.

shit opinion is shit

Is your connection good enough? Try a lower quality. youtube-dl might be handling Twitch poorly, so make sure it's up to date.
Better than default? Maybe. It looks somewhat sleek, but it's nothing special; the default used to be similar to that picture. You can easily rice it to look better than that, though. I use progressbar, it looks nice and doesn't get in the way. There are others in the OP's resources that I find better looking as well.

Can I skip frame by frame like Ctrl+arrow does in mpc-hc?
It's a feature that I miss.
If I can also show what frame is (nicely) at the pseudo-gui would be really good as well.

, and .

Attached: mpbindings.png (1250x752, 186K)

Thanks.

d3d11va or -copy?
Or should I stick with nvdec?

Also,
>gpu-api=vulkan
>gpu-context=winvk
Is there a benefit of using vulkan instead of dx?
I guess I could ask the same thing about angle/d3d11, those options seems redundant to me on Windows.

d3d11va, don't use copy unless you know you want it. Vulkan is nice for me on Linux, but on W7 it's not that great, I recommend d3d11.

> Is your connection good enough? Try a lower quality. youtube-dl might be handling Twitch poorly, so make sure it's up to date.
It's not it, lower quality and streamlink instead gives same glitches.

> Is your connection good enough? Try a lower quality. youtube-dl might be handling Twitch poorly, so make sure it's up to date.
It's not it, lower quality and streamlink instead gives same glitches.

Optimized.

Attached: 1548553945936.png (1250x752, 162K)