>Save it
>reboot
>The whole thing becomes corrupted

>Use a different distro
>Works for a while
>Suddenly it becomes corrupted out of nowhere

>Use windows
>None of this shit fucking happens

EXPLAIN YOU WORTHLESS LINUXFAGS, WHY EVEN GET A DISTRO IF THIS SHIT KEEPS HAPPENING

Attached: 31b.gif (647x363, 650K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoppix#Saving_changes_in_the_environment
porteus.org/tutorials/37-installing/114-official-porteus-installation-guide-v-10.html
pendrivelinux.com/install-knoppix-6-to-a-usb-flash-drive-in-windows/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

works on my machines

I have never heard of this happening. Your disk is fucked.
You used windows on that same disk? Really?

Works on machine

>The whole thing becomes corrupted
>Suddenly it becomes corrupted out of nowhere
Explain "Corrupted". What error message did you get, if any? When you say "Install it on USB drive", what do you mean by that? Did you just flash the live iso to the usb and then wonder why the storage wasn't permanent? If so, that's because you actually have to install it to the hard drive, which it should prompt you for.
What distros were you using as well?

>Perform hours of changes to it
look up pebkac

if you need help user, ask for help properly
i'll help you best you can

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 1.09M)

It's not the software, it's the user.

If you can't pinpoint it, you're the only one to blame. Have fun with the botnet tearing your bunghole.

I'm going to explain in details, I have installed tons of distro

I have an USB 2.0, it's 8 gb, I used Knoppix on it but it became buggy and too slow then suddenly when I reboot, I lost everything

So then I used Fatdog but it kept having connection issues where it would randomly connect in and out

So THEN I got Porteus KDE, I thought it was the perfect distro for me. I made tons of changes to the desktop, theme etc etc and when I saved it as a .dat and encrypted it, GUESS WHAT? I reboot and it refused to open the .dat file. So I try to unecrypt and get tons of errors, I tried to restore it and it says "sorry can't change because it's encrypted"

Hours and hours wasted but with my good old windows 7, I've had zero problems. EXPLAIN TO ME, WHY. WHYYY

please help

>knoppix.
>porteus.
Imagine using ramdisk distributions then complaining that the changes don't save after reboot.
Imagine encrypting files, not decrypting them, then complaining they're inaccessible.
A thread died for this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoppix#Saving_changes_in_the_environment

user, those distributions are, as said, ramdisk distributions. They're not meant for long-term, permanent usage.

Here's a tip. Try Ubuntu. I think that'll be more your speed.

>ever emerging nep
glad I didn't install gentoo

>reddit spacing
>literally who
>system on a flash drive

usb system? wtf?? stop just stay on wingdows you're too stoopid to use blessed tux distros

THEN WHY ARE THEY LISTED FOR PORTABLE DISTROS?
porteus.org/tutorials/37-installing/114-official-porteus-installation-guide-v-10.html

pendrivelinux.com/install-knoppix-6-to-a-usb-flash-drive-in-windows/

These are listed as possible to do with no issues. So I guess the people who made these distros are lying now?!

Look, I just want a portable distro on my usb that WORKS without an boot issues or being buggy. Do I need to just install this shit on my laptop or something? J-Just guide me the way, I wanna change but it's hard. I want to believe!

Your blessed distros that break down and have boot issues, broken packages and difficult problems with installing things?

Yeah, I think my Windows god is better. Maybe I was wrong about Linux, maybe Satan was actually God and God was Satan

Just install literally any mainstream distribution that will fit on your drive. Like normal. Ext4 and all that. It will boot up like it's an external hard drive.
You're actually just being retarded tbqh.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that but if you're a newcommer to the GNU plus Linux operating system I would recommend you to just install ubuntu like everyone, it's the best way to learn really.

okay look, it's just a rough day at the job, I wanna learn with the Linux thing but it's hard, okay?

I've used windows all my life and I just need something for beginners for me. I wanted to roll with the big boys but saw that I wasn't ready

install ubuntu, a ubuntu flavor or even better if you want more customization - linux mint

Attached: ctrl f.png (645x24, 5K)

Alright I'm paranoid with security and privacy, which ubuntu flavor would work?

thats the point of using linux, fixing it is half the hobby.

They're all the same
Sec and priv is infinitely better than it was on botnet 7 even if you're bad at it.
Pick the one that you like how it looks. They are all the same think with a different desktop and you can change the desktop.

Your story is fucking bullshit, you can say easily that x is corrupted without any proof

Alright then, I feel so silly now but it's just a learning curve, I'll do better

Does anybody here think OP has ever driven a single person away from Linux? I mean these threads get made every single day, and yet I doubt one person has ever changed their perception from neutral or positive to negative. Not one person has ever decided not to install Linux because of OP. It just comes off as if a retarded person who should probably have a console and a phone at the most is sperging out because a real OS is too hard to use, as they have a sub-normal IQ.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Fuck Jannies 六四天安門事件 The Black Lives Matter protests of 2016 天安門大屠殺 The Sandy Hook False Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Goyim Struggle 大躍進政策 The Gay Rights Movement 文化大革命 The Niggers Sent To Africa 人權 Paid Shills 民運 Demoralization 自由 Ebola Weapon 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-Glownigger system 台灣 臺灣 911 Inside Job 中華民國 Republic Not Democracy 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tendie 達賴喇嘛 Install OpenBSD 法輪功 Traps Are Gay 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize For King Nigger 劉暁波 Chris Poole 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Weaves 劉曉波动态网自由门

>anime faggot
>doesn't know what the fuck corrupted means
>can't install a basic operating system
like poetry
animefaggots are the dumbest people

As opposed to what, Wojak and Pepe posters? Twitter screenshot? Just look the catalog.

>Chris Poole
TIL he's banned in China

>I have an USB 2.0, it's 8 gb, I used Knoppix on it but it became buggy and too slow then suddenly when I reboot, I lost everything
no shit, you ran it from a ramdisk, eventually ran out of ram because you filled it with programs, then erased it by rebooting

>WHY ARE THEY LISTED FOR PORTABLE DISTROS
Portable =/= Persistent
ur a fagot

kek this guy ran a live cd and configured it

Attached: download.jpg (533x594, 49K)

1. putting a livecd onto a flash drive is not the same as installing it
2. you can install any distro to a usb drive

it's a foreign concept in the windows land

I like anime but why does every retarded post have to have an anime image? is /a/ really that fucking dumb because this is starting to get fucking relentless. a live cd is not going to save ANYTHING

>imagine spending hours customizing an installation environment
op, this isn't the humour thread

lol

>install Linux on USB drive
>Linux doesn't work
>windows does
>On USB drive
since when you can make bootable windows USB drive? I've tried installing win10 and that shit couldn't install because there was too many storage drives connected (it was 3... 1SSD, 1HDD and NVMe)
So I could install only when I disconnected one drive
This literally happened last week

And you're saying windows on USB drive works...
Doubt that

P.s. arch Linux just works on my NVMe SSD