So this.. is the power... of OLED

So this.. is the power... of OLED

Attached: memeled.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have had a C7 for a year and it hasn't had any problems whatsoever. Burn-in is a huge meme that is propagated by poor people who can't afford an OLED TV.

sure pal

Explain the test with that specific TV.

>ignoring two years of controlled testing to larp as a richfag on 4chins
Can you be more pathetic?

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY

Did you miss the part where he said no one would ever experience that kind of burn in unless they had a CNN newsreel looping nonstop for a year?

Burn-in is cumulative though

>trying this hard to sell your burnt oled
just chuck it in the trash

My grandfather literally keeps CNBC on all day because of the stock ticker. Can't let him get an OLED.

I know what it is. I want OP to admit he's a baiting retard.

Definitely not a meme, here's some burn-in I encountered in a Target with one of the OLED TVs. Regardless, I still bought one, as I'm barely using it 3 hours a day anyways.

Attached: 20190119_203235.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

Store displays don't get turned off overnight so they never get a chance to run a cleaning cycle. After 4 hours use if you put the TV in standby it clears any retention.

Oh and don't forget they show the same content on a loop all day every day.

Your grandfather wouldn't need an OLED then.

It's not like old people actually notice the big difference between OLED and IPS.

after running for over 5k hours, yeah

Looking at rtings' test, I think that the most reasonable conclusion we can reach is that there is a pretty big variance between seemingly identical panels.
I believe people like you who say that they never had issues, but I also believe those who say that their panel burned in with regular use.
It's a panel lottery.

Worked for CRTs two decade ago.

Attached: 1548484959647.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

oled burns in a lot faster than plasma which burned in a lot faster than crt.

Oled TVs are fine but OLED phones are a meme. The notification bar burn in is inevitable and the keyboard as well.

>buying OLED
>spent 3K for using for less than 3hr a day
I can't wait to kick you on the street when you beg

When the fuck are we going to have a screen technology without dead pixels, shit blacks and burns?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.53_[2018.09.01_03.03.31].png (1280x720, 1.41M)

My LG g5 has burn in and its not even oled

>CNN
fake news

About 85 years ago

Attached: CRT-Display.png (442x423, 118K)

I had a Moto G4 that came with an OLED and the fucking thing burned the clock within hours

t.

Attached: 1530105947432.jpg (306x231, 18K)

>CRTs are a zoomer thing now
I'm sorry, what?

>About 85 years ago
Yeah, crt at that time totally did not burn in...
Could they even show color at that point?

We get it, you're autistic everyone on this board is

I sure love technological progress.

Thanks OP I'll have to take care of my phone screen now
I was streaming twitch using the web browser since the app is laggy for some reason, sure enough the white box where the text is scrolling had an afterimage effect when I switched to other apps
It's back to normal now but yeah it's scary how quick OLED burns in

>crt
>no burn in

>We get it, you're autistic everyone on this board is

this is very insulting. I would expect such behaviour from a right wing alt-right nazi, but not from a liberal like you...

I don't know what to think anymore.

Late CRTs have the same burn-in rate as LCDs. Meaning you won't get burn-in unless you freeze a picture at full brightness on the screen for like two months straight.

This is optimal behavior for screens. it's a smart TV, it is self learning, it noticed that you stay on a certain frame for a long time so to rescue energy it "burned" in. It saved your screen, it's called a screen saver.

Nobody's ignoring the testing apart from the OP. Rtings clearly stated that OLED is fine for most people, unless you have a very specific use case that requires displaying static images for long periods of time.

Their testing doesn't show that at all though. All it shows is that content matters when it comes to burn-in, and that even some static elements won't cause it (like the HUD in CoD) if they're not bright. There's panel lottery when it comes to banding and colour uniformity, but there's no evidence to suggest that burn-in is a lottery. There's no reason why it would be, if you know anything about how it occurs with OLED.

My Galaxy S8 doesn't have any burn-in at all. I don't spend all day staring at my phone though. Samsung's theming also alternates the notification bar text between black and white depending on what app is being displayed, so theoretically the pixels should be on or off no more than any others, meaning burn-in shouldn't be an issue.

>Late CRTs
>late

pun intended?

>My LG g5 has burn in and its not even oled
It's not burn-in, it's image retention - meaning not permanent. But that phone has other issues as well. Staying operational due to LG's incompetence and bootloops.

imagine how burned would be your brain after a whole year of CNN

A year of Jow Forums is even worse

LCDs don't really get burn-in at all. They can get image retention but that goes away.

It's going to be a while, but we've got a few promising things lined up which at least improve upon the things we have today.
>FALD LCDs
>mini LED local dimming LCDs, basically better FALD
>LCDs with 2 panels, 1 color and 1 B&W (for brightness control only)
>holy grail microLED if it can reach high enough DPI and low enough price
>holy grail quantum dot, for more than just LCD backlights of course
At least there seems to be some work being done to get rid of the completely shit blacks LCDs have, it's about time.

rip SED

same and it happens within minutes sometimes

Sounds like image retention rather than burn-in

>wanting electrons to be shot at you
Sorry Grandpa, but I don't want cancer.

>holy grail quantum dot, for more than just LCD backlights of course
This is what I want more than anything else. If it really doesn't suffer of burn in and other OLED problems then it has to be sectacular.

but you will pay thousands for those less shitty blacks

That's why I said it's going to be a while, this shit isn't going to get cheap and accessible very quick. Even basic FALD is expensive as shit for monitors, there are like 2 screens on the market in the >$2000 range.

Only oled I have is my PSvita and I've had literally zero problems with it whatsoever

mines has a mura effect when the screen goes completely black.

Attached: vita mura.jpg (750x499, 48K)

>not buying a vizio quantum dot tv and then waiting 10 years for true quantum dot microled tvs

One year and the statusbar of my phone burned in.

CRTs literally were when the term burn-in was coined, the electron gun literally burned away the phosphors on the inside of the tube.

Why the fuck do you think the "screensaver" was invented?

Attached: gtgs8h67m4sy.jpg (2056x1536, 802K)

CRT burn-in is different to OLED burn-in. OLED burn-in happens systematically, the organic layer just degrades with use. CRT burn-in happens only when you leave a static image on the screen for too long (something in the order of months or years), causing the phosphor on the screen to overheat and quite literally "burn-in".

My Rift has a similar issue.

Fake news.

>that face
>that network
>24 hours a day
>365 days a year

Somehow it all makes sense.

Attached: zapp.png (599x448, 210K)

They used CRTs for almost 100 years and nobody got cancer from them

False

>all photos of oled burn in are fake!

>having to fucking babysit your tv

>Rtings clearly stated that OLED is fine for most people
They also clearly stated (elsewhere, and demonstrated it) that burn-in is cumulative and pixel degradation cannot be stopped. It will burn in at some point and there's nothing you can do about it besides buying a new TV whenever it gets bad enough

Out of the hundreds of crts that irradiated my eyes I've never seen one with burn in and the only image I can remember is a single pic from the internet showing an arcade machine. The first time I saw the phenomenon was some years ago when local kikes tried to sell my dad a plasma that had like 20k hours. I suspect the requirements to get burn in will be peculiar and probably an lcd too will experience damage if subjected to them.