Based Laptop

What is the most based laptop right now? I like Apple but their prices have gotten ridiculous in the passed few years. I wan't something that is going to last more than a year without the monitor or charging port going out like all the windows (Dell, HP, Acer.) laptops I've had, Durability is important but I can't find anyone that can match Apple in that regard.

Attached: Hackerman - Copy.jpg (960x540, 119K)

Don't buy consumer products. I buyed a used Dell Latitude and it is working perfectly well for three years now. Also Thinkpads are good, i heard...

Nothing, all premium laptops use intel and all amd laptops are fat and ugly.

Apple is working to move to their own chips and ARM is making a move into the market, but overall laptops suck right now

It seems like everything is trash right now. Expensive Trash that spies on you.

>Durability is important

Attached: 1533704460035.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

>I can't find anyone that can match Apple in that regard.
It's pretty much impossible. Nobody is as utter fucking shit as Apple, not even Acer.

Attached: 1537308175539.png (1791x990, 819K)

Sounds like Apple went to shit after the shift to shitty butterfly switches. I've had my MB Air for 6 years now and I've dropped it from high up multiple times and I've accidentally dumped 32 oz for water directly into the keyboard. It's still going strong and I've seen ones that have fallen out of airplanes that still work. I think Boeing even licensed the design of that Macbook Air for some aerospace applications. Sad to see they couldn't even last a decade without Jobs.

>after the shift to shitty butterfly switches
They've always been shit.

Attached: 1542858119119.png (652x888, 111K)

Damn I'm getting the vibe Jow Forums isn't too fond of Apple. I've worked with literally thousands of laptops and can say that I've never seen any Windows laptop match the durability of my MB Air. Even Toughbooks suck ass and fall apart with normal use much less Dell HP or Lenovo. And the batteries are hit or miss with every laptop brand. I was hoping get some good advice instead of some pleebs that hate specifically on Apple for things that most manufacturers are much worse at.

Have you seen the thinkpad x1? that thing is a beauty

>durability of my MB Air
What? It's a thin aluminum piece of shit. Drop it on the floor and you've got yourself a bent aluminum sandwich.

As apposed to what? Magnesium and plastic are the other major options in laptops and those all suck ass and break when dropped. As stated I have dropped it multiple times and its fine just getting fucking old, but plebes are illiterate and can't fucking read.

I'm leaning toward that or maybe an XPS but I don't trust the Chinese even though Dell is in bed with US intelligence and all major chip manufacturers are in bed with Israel so not any safe choices really.

Aluminium bends beyond repair
Magnesium alloy does not

Attached: macbook1.jpg (501x333, 22K)

Magnesium fucking cracks.
Aluminum might bend if I run over it with a car but it's not going to bend much with the occasional drop.

You'd need quite the force to crack a thinkpad style magnesium case. Though, thinner always means less durable

I've worked with thousands of magnesium laptops, mostly Toughbooks which not only had magnesium cases, but are also designed to be durable. The Magnesium case would crack all the time with normal use and thats not specific to model or even limited to manufacturer. Magnesium is shit. My MB Air is like a fifth of the thickness of any of those magnesium laptops and it would run circles around any of them in a durability test, so once again wrong.

>drive over your laptops with your nice magnesium alloy wheels
>wheels are fine
>hurrr magnesium alloy is shit.

>I've worked with thousands of magnesium laptops

SUUUUUUUUUUURE kiddo

Just buy a new Mac, you want to anyways and we're not going to stop you or care.
And after 1 year buy a new one as the display cable will have snapped by then.
Again: we don't care - stop making useless threads like these.

My wheels are aluminum...

>currentyear
>using a laptop

Stupid as a brick people like the OP are the main target for apple. There's no talking sense into them.

Bought a refurbished ThinkPad 5 years ago, doubled RAM, siwtched HDD to SDD, switched panel, did all that without the help of wizards. I threw this thing > 5 times accidently while it was running from my bed, nothing happend besides clipping out plastic parts which you can fix by pushing those back into its place, thing is still running like on day one.

What's a decent and portable thinkpad for general Jow Forums stuff? I haven't tried any of their stuff ever since they got bought by Lenovo and became an Apple fangirl.

I'm here to repent.

T440s

Thanks user, is there a reason why you recommend the T440 line over say T450s or 60s?

Haha cucked shills

Probably a Dell XPS. I have a MacBookPro which I like, but I can understand if you don't want to spend $2,500+ on a laptop.

Attached: 1488134320798.jpg (500x500, 27K)