Lightscribe

Why did lightscribe died out really?
Does it have some mystical abilities not wanted to be in the possession of normal people?

Lige making computer chip schematics and graphene by burning pictures on CD with high accuracy?

There is a reason this stuff is now banned but they wont tell us what it is.

Attached: 9ei1i6rp1es01.jpg (4096x2304, 545K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40hJStzsBm8
hackaday.com/2015/10/03/laser-etching-graphene-supercapacitors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NVM

Figured out.

its not banned it just was not useful and died out because you needed to buy specific discs made for it that they dont sell anymore. if you want to label discs then most people just use a marker.
this place is so fucking paranoid.

Attached: pictures 2702.png (444x384, 131K)

>specific discs which are no longer for sale

exactly what I meant

they are still selling discs with a printable coating to use inkjet printer to print on it

lightscribe discs would be a long term storage solution unlike inkjet printed discs are, the ink will destroy the discs in 5+ years

something else is clearly going on

I imagine it's quite a niche filled mostly by retro game consumers. There's only so much that audience can make out of demand.

Tfw my DVD drive supports LightScribe

They discovered that they could use them to print circuits much cheaper and stopped producing them.

Attached: 1533813849137.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

The chemicals in the disc were counteracting the chemicals turning people gay and autistic, so (((they))) had to ban the discs.

oh no, it's the lightscribe retard again
we have this thread every few months
the real reason why lightscribe disappeared is HP ran it into the ground like every other technology they've invented

Attached: 1497467429823.jpg (500x399, 138K)

i once bought 20 disks and only ever used 2 of them
Digital storage made disks obsolete and the Image Printing takes like 2 Hours for Multi pass

Tfw my DVD drive supports LabelFlash

cool idea in theory, but;
- the discs costs more
- the images are b/w and low contrast
- they take a LONG ASS TIME to write the picture

what market were they aiming for? personal stuff almost always was fine with just a cd marking pen, and anything remotely professional would demand at least something higher contrast, and making many of these would be far too slow

youtube.com/watch?v=40hJStzsBm8

i had fun making joke car cds for friends with them

Lightscribe was kinda shit. I used to have it. Even if you take perfect care of them and put them in an opaque folder, the labels fade out in a matter of weeks. Great idea, garbage implementation.

>even if you take perfect care of them
>put into opaque folder
>folder
a..user...

Attached: serveimage(21).jpg (1136x953, 144K)

And you know this as a Lightscribe enthusiast, right?

Attached: DCC4A91E-8E9B-4090-8BB2-C0C547C3F4CD.jpg (1457x1457, 158K)

This, I fell for the gimmick like 10 years ago, only ever burned 1 cd (touhou music to keep in the car) and the label has 90% faded away.

Do you not have a CD folder?

Attached: 81hYfAxMxcL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x799, 126K)

You can use the drive to make graphene.
Jews and shit.

hackaday.com/2015/10/03/laser-etching-graphene-supercapacitors/

Attached: supercaps.jpg (800x385, 87K)

>sprinkle some stuff on a dvd and burn it
sounds like a joke to get peoples' dvd burners on fire or something

By the time you're doing something like this, I think it's presumed that the hardware has been physically reconfigured to some extent.

It's the notion that a very cheap device could end up producing very expensive, complex or otherwise rare things.

Attached: rub it.png (1375x1279, 154K)

disc wasn't cheap, patents

>Does it have some mystical abilities not wanted to be in the possession of normal people?
Can you form a coherent sentence in English?

>exactly what I meant
Because no one bought them you fucking retard

it is a coherent sentence
is passive voice not taught in burgerland?

lightscribe works by using a laser to activate a layer of ink under the surface of the disk, which means you had to buy special disks that have that ink layer. adding that layer to the discs during production is non-trivial (unlike sticking a printable label on it) so the manufacturer had to increase the price of the CD packs. Consumers didn't want to pay that much for them so they stopped being produced.

>required more expensive CD's/DVD's
>took a very long time to burn the image
>bad quality anyways
>not everyone knew this was possible
>you could literally write with a pencil on the disk or case and it would be good enough for people

It's broken third world English

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

>murican education

Attached: 1460958982825.jpg (800x600, 60K)

It's not banned, you can still get drives and discs.

>something else is clearly going on
maybe it was consumers not caring about lightscribe?
you needed a special burner and special disks and it took a lot longer to burn, and it would eventually fade
i remember when my office got a burner, the first few disks were cool but the novelty wore off quick and we went back to sharpies for everything. it just took too long.

>>making conputer chip schematics
yeah, no.

>- the images are b/w and low contrast
Contrast can be increased by scribing with several passes. I had done that a few times.

Lightscribe was the shit I loved using them

A..user... This is not how you take care of important disks...
This is how you keep your shitty music or movies, you, probably, won't watch second time...

Attached: serveimage(11).jpg (245x366, 12K)

Well yeah what the fuck are you going to use lightscribe for if not that? The point is, it's not sun damage or anything that makes it fade, it's lightscribe being shit.

No one even bothers burning disks anymore to begin with.