If you can't program without coffee then you are a drug addict

If you can't program without coffee then you are a drug addict.

Discuss

Attached: mug,standard,x400,right-bg,ffffff.u13.jpg (646x400, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/coffee-species-extinction-climate-study-trnd/index.html
nootropicsdepot.com/caffeine-100mg-l-theanine-200mg-capsules/
nootropicsdepot.com/dynamax-enhanced-caffeine-capsules/
gwern.net/Nicotine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Or a functional human being.

I can, I just don't want to.

*sips*

Attached: 1530377670207.png (380x349, 70K)

Pretty much, caffeine is a drug.

>among the most sever withdrawal symptoms in the world
>capably of causing seizures, stroke, and heart attacks
If failing to dose is life threatening, you're not a functional anything.

>I TURN INTO CODE
IMAGINE

The first step is admitting you have a problem, bro

I can't off the top of my head think of any more vile, disgusting, battery acid tasting drink than Monster. How you people drink that is beyond my comprehension. Can't be healthy, either

it's "i turn java into code" you retard

having any hot drink is nice while i'm doing something. it's just comfy and doesn't have to be coffee

if you think having a headache and being tired are "among the most severe withdrawal symptoms in the world" then I don't know what to tell you.

i considered making that joke as well

Attached: d00.png (679x860, 272K)

Really depends on how addicted you are. Some people drink 6 or more cups of coffee to get through the day. Withdrawals from that can't be pleasant

as someone who used to down five cups at breakfast time, let alone the whole day, yeah, you're in for hell if you cold-turkey that shit. So don't do that, if you taper off then its nothing you can't deal with using an aspirin and a bit of extra sleep.

Caffeine causes brain damage. This is probably why people addicted to caffeine are so mentally retarded they defend their addiction.

Caffeine has zero actual benefits. Studies claiming there are benefits don't control for addicts performing worse than baseline because they didn't get a fix.

I drink swiss water decaffeinated coffee only. I like hot beverages and I enjoy the ritual of preparing coffee.

just drink it in moderation you dummies

from the thumbnail I read "I turn shit into code due to the wavy lines
shit mug would not buy

Did you find a good alternative to staying focused and alert throughout the day?

IMAGINE BEING AT JAVA

posting on Jow Forums also causes brain damage and has zero actual benefits.

Based and bluepilled

I not only drink coffee I also down copious amounts of kratom

>>among the most sever withdrawal symptoms in the world
>>capably of causing seizures, stroke, and heart attacks
Do you have an extra chromosome? Caffeine from coffee can hardly even be considered psychoactive unless you have caffeine sensitivity or something. It doesn't even give me withdrawals if I quit cold turkey.

>Caffeine causes brain damage
>citation needed

No. I still drink coffee and other caffeinated things, just not nearly so damn much of it as I did then.

Because I know some fag is going to mention it, no, regular exercise didn't make me feel more awake and alert.

Drug addict here, I agree.
Basically alternate between caffeine, cannabis, or amphetamines to be at peak productivity.
I can crank shit out 7 days a week utilizing those when I'd otherwise only be productive for maybe 2 days out of the week.

I have no problem with this though. It's not like it's a competition with someone to cheat against. The work I do benefits myself and other people so why not go as hard as I can on it.

I hate coffee culture. I also hate how caffeine is pretty well forced on you. Something like half of all soft drinks are poisoned with caffeine and a lot of the time, depending on the place, it might be hard to get anything other than coffee or tea.

>go full health one day
>exercise
>vitamins
>more sleep
>everything
>keep this up for 2 years
>it changed nothing other than my physical appearance
Fuck this body and mind of mine, they're useless on their own.

Sorry boyo, but I consume something better.

Attached: IMG_3124-1.jpg (2592x1728, 441K)

Caffeine actually improves brain function and aids your metabolism user..

Nothing wrong with having a cup in the morning to get focused

What's up with the weird crusade user?

Attached: 1492406839339.jpg (1148x917, 155K)

>Caffeine actually improves brain function and aids your metabolism user..
only if you're dependent on in the first place, like any other chemically addictive drug

Because eventually you will crash because your body can't take an endless amount of drugs and you should be able to do all those things naturally using some common sense?

Also withdrawals for all those 3 drugs suck.

He wants something to let him think he's better than other people. But he doesn't have one, so he abstains from doing something a lot of people do and cooks up some reasons why it makes him superior.

Pro tip: add some nicotine to the mix to stop the caffeine making ya lose consideration.

You hit the nail on the head

why stop drinking coffee if there is practically an endless supply of it? :^)

Not for long

edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/coffee-species-extinction-climate-study-trnd/index.html

I only used the word "addict" because the OP said it. In reality I use them responsibly in moderation.
It's exceedingly rare that I've even so much as had a headache in the last 10 years as a result of these drugs. I don't even drink more than a cup of coffee every day, if I do I a have a hard limit of 3 cups. And like I said, it's rare that I go beyond 1.
Same with the rest of them.
Cannabis, 1 bowl a day, hard cap of 3.
Amphetamines, 5mg once every other day, hard cap of once a day for a max duration of 1 month before being restricted for at least 2 months.

>but that's not a lot!
No shit.

Good tip. I recently stumbled upon some cigars and the effect was pretty profound.
After smoking one, I was in full apathy mode, could not give a shit about any of my problems that day. Just sat down and worked for the entire day without even thinking.

I need to look into other methods of ingestion though, I already don't like smoking for THC but getting it in pill form here is difficult.
I tried dronabinol(synthetic) and enjoyed it with success, but can't acquire it as easily as plant matter(real deal).

>I need to look into other methods of ingestion though, I already don't like smoking for THC but getting it in pill form here is difficult. I tried dronabinol(synthetic) and enjoyed it with success, but can't acquire it as easily as plant matter(real deal).

Have you tried vaping?

>Have you tried vaping?
With all the cheap electronic cigarette methods, I kind of forgot that there are better ways of doing it.
I need to get one of the ones with the bags. That's at least healthier than smoking with fire.

Ultimately though I really love the convenience of popping a pill and being done. Really wish this was legalized for "recreational" use in my state. Everything about cannabis is inconvenient when criminalized imo.
Buying it, grinding it up, rolling shit or preparing, cleaning pipes, etc. etc.

Try going without those for a week and then tell me how you're not an addict.

>Try
I don't have to, I do on a regular basis to manage tolerance.That's kind of the point, I do not want to increase intake for any of the substances, not in volume or frequency.
Same with alternating. I'm capable of stopping legitimately any of them cold turky at any moment.
"addiction" is a cover term for "I lack self control and am in poor health".

Like I said, I literally go a full month on amphetamines and stop suddenly. If I didn't substitute with one of the others for the first week, at the very most I'd be slightly more tired than normal. If I wanted to impose an arbitrary purity rule on myself (which I do from time to time) at worst I have to go to bed an hour earlier. What a nightmare!

It's different for everyone sure, but in general, keep your dosages and frequency low, and stay in good health. And you're not going to have problems.

The only thing that bothers me is soda, if I have too much soda my joints ache. My doctor thinks this is RA related.
I try to avoid sugar in general but I'm not going to abstain from it completely. As with everything, moderation.

I am a drug addict.

Discuss

Attached: 10346441_271607539704530_4029112727844863215_n.jpg (500x318, 18K)

Who caffeine + L-theanine here?
I drink these (don't meme please) and they're not bad.
I also get these and enjoy them, they're a bit more intense in onset.
nootropicsdepot.com/caffeine-100mg-l-theanine-200mg-capsules/
when they run out I'm trying these
nootropicsdepot.com/dynamax-enhanced-caffeine-capsules/
because I want to have a heart attack as young as possible.

Attached: file.png (355x355, 70K)

>eugeroics
How do you use these without demolishing your liver? What I've read makes it look like something you can't use on a regular basis. Doesn't help that they're all prescription only in clapistan.

Attached: 1400209569924.jpg (382x322, 30K)

I got off the caffeine jew back in October 2018. Not a milligram since then. Let me tell you what, this has to be the most horrific drug in terms of withdrawals. If you were a 3 cup a day guy and you think you are out of the woods after 2 weeks of cessation, you are in for a really bad time. Recovery is incredibly non-linear, and I feel the entire process takes at least 90 days before you are back 100%.

>Who caffeine + L-theanine here?
As far as nootropics go, it's not great. The effect of the theanine is really short-lived. You get about an hour out of it. The caffeine will linger in your system for much more. You can get the theanine part as a standalone product, but it gets really pricey if you're trying to use it to grind your way through the day.

Attached: 1408935149551.png (391x400, 70K)

>Really depends on how addicted you are. Some people drink 6 or more cups of coffee to get through the day. Withdrawals from that can't be pleasant
Compared to hard drugs like opiods or cocaine, severe caffeine withdrawal is a walk in the park. Just a splitting headache and fatigue, which does not compare at all to the physical agony and spasms of dope-sickness.

Attached: 1391920339649.jpg (500x494, 79K)

I can not program with or without coffee.

this
I need silence and to be left alone if I actually have to think and figure things out.

Fuck colab spaces.

For myself, I find that the effect last long enough to get int he zone, and as long as I can get there I can maintain it myself.

I meditate sometimes which probably helps, as well as randomly use 120mg of ginkgo biloba (specifically I use Sundown Naturals).

Despite taking it off and on for a while, I'm still unsure about ginkgo.
I can't take it for more than a week straight because it hurts my stomach unlike anything else and drives my blood pressure up. But I seem to get a lot more shit done when I take it.
Could be placebo.

Attached: xbwavjj4n4zz.png (1080x694, 965K)

There haven't been any scientific studies that proved any real positive cognitive effects out of ginko. The side effects sound like standard stuff associated with the herb.

A lot of herbs are hit or miss. If it works for you, great, otherwise, you're out a few bux.

I'M GONNA FRICK

This

Its true and computers/coding makes it attractive to drink coffee/caffeine.

When my computer broke down and I was stuck under a rock for a few days. I got sick and started vomiting constantly until I figured out that it was caffeine withdrawal.

I've been weaning myself on it, down to half a cup a day.

sounds like Linux users

If the mean goes up and the supply is unlimited, I think it's worth it. It's not like we're not already dependent on chemicals daily to function. People take vitamins, eat food, breathe air. It's all technically finite, but not practically. Caffeine especially is everywhere.

>Can't be healthy, either
Neither is coming to this website, but you still do it.

coffee tastes like shit, people who drink coffee are all mentally retarded

I am a coffee addict. I call myself an addict just like an alcoholic from the AAs would. If I'm 90 years without I'm still an addict.

I've learned to control myself. I now have around one to two cups per week, usually on the weekends. I've developed a mild gasthritis so I had to learn to control myself the hard way.

The issue with coffee and programming is that programming requires focus and you can't focus when you're sleepy. Coffee does away with that sleepiness.

However, if you get to agitated it can be counter productive. I have fallen in the cycle of feeling too tired to code, drink coffee, and being then too agitated to focus properly.

I've learned I code better with just a siplet of coffee, and can even code without coffee altogether. Imagine that?

>coffee is like food and air
lmao at this cope

Can you expand on your opinion instead of just making a fluff post like that.
What's wrong with my reasoning? How isn't coffee food? From my perspective it's all the same, vitamins and air are constant chemical intake. If you stop either you're going to have problems. Same with food. This just seems like a fact of life.

>siplet
This is tickling my funny bone.
You're also right.
>the cycle of feeling too tired to code, drink coffee, and being then too agitated to focus properly
This sucks and is far too common. The first thing to go when your judgment is impaired, is the sense that your judgment is impaired. It happens to the best of us.

I've noticed that the days where I have half a cup of coffee in the fridge have been good days compared to me downing it all. Worth experimenting with.

Attached: when will they learn.jpg (1562x1196, 203K)

Afraid of a plant.

same to be honest

Attached: file.png (970x545, 1.47M)

>drinking coffee
Disgusting

How does one turn into code?

Focus really hard

Notice how there's no coffee on this picture. Real programmers don't need coffee, their code enlightens and awakes them by virtue of being so optimized

Attached: John_Carmack_working.jpg (938x707, 110K)

Who cares about being "real" if the end result is the same.

Whats in the bottle?

Blueberry juice

Two bottles.

pretty clearly a diet pepsi

urine

Its lean

You'd really have to try to win a darwin award by killing yourself with coffee, it doesn't contain enough caffeine per unit to do anything to an adult sized person that could actually harm them unless they set out to do nothing but drink a coffee every 5 minutes for hours and if you did that the caffeine wouldn't be your only problem, you'd be throwing off your homeostasis by consuming so much water in such a small amount of time and could die from that alone. Only way to actually realistically get harmed by caffeine is using caffeine extract.

>he doesn't use tobacco
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs,” -Einstein

Attached: Einstein_pipe.jpg.480x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg (480x509, 30K)

>doesn't understand people are genetically different

Someone might drink coffee all life long and have no problems, someone else may have a huge problem with it and a ridiculously awful abstinence.

Looks like diet Coke

More importantly, what is that keyboard? Looks beefy

do you like my execution anonbro?

Ye except caffeine withdrawal lasts 2 weeks.
t. Gone cold turkey a few times after developing a strong tolerance

>open coke bottle

It was just in time

very nice

Attached: _.jpg (300x400, 17K)

Coffee is an absolute fucking meme.

Tea is 100x better for your health but less addictive so the kikes can't keep you on their payroll due to psychological and physical addiction like they can with a cup of jew-juice at $5+ a pop.

tea is gross and you're gross

I'm somewhat addicted to black tea, but I can still go days without it without a problem so I'm inclined to agree with you here.

Plus an occasional herbal tea with honey is the best thing on Earth

I drink coffee and smoke cigarettes daily. Use arch Linux and have no problem concentrating on SICP
AMA

Attached: 1543775604537.png (1067x458, 411K)

Coffee is for fags, real men drink tea and monster energy drinks.

Based

Is there anything specific to tobacco or can you just use straight nicotine? Might buy some gum.

Based and redpilled.

I drink 3-4 cups to start off and 4ish more and 2-3 energy drinks through the day. I'm not even addicted because if I don't have any coffee or energy drinks at home because I was too lazy to go to the store then I just drink tea or water instead and nothing changes.
I just enjoy drinking coffee but that doesn't mean I can't function without it.

This. Tea is all you need if you're feeling a little tired.

I hate this retarded meme about being "pure" and "natural." Erdos, one of the world's greatest mathematicians took copious amounts of stimulants. Certain drugs and stimulants can be beneficial as long as you don't abuse them/take too much, like drinking a large coffee before bed. You're actually doing yourself a disservice by not consuming caffeine.

His colleague Alfréd Rényi said, "a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems",[21] and Erdős drank copious quantities (this quotation is often attributed incorrectly to Erdős,[22] but Erdős himself ascribed it to Rényi[23]). After 1971 he also took amphetamines, despite the concern of his friends, one of whom (Ron Graham) bet him $500 that he could not stop taking the drug for a month.[24] Erdős won the bet, but complained that during his abstinence, mathematics had been set back by a month: "Before, when I looked at a piece of blank paper my mind was filled with ideas. Now all I see is a blank piece of paper."[citation needed] After he won the bet, he promptly resumed his amphetamine use.

Attached: Erdos_budapest_fall_1992_(cropped).jpg (324x430, 45K)

Agreed.
gwern.net/Nicotine

Fucking legend.