Jow Forums memes you fell for

Jow Forums memes you fell for

Pic related, guaranteed unbearable head pain after moderate use

Attached: image.jpg (413x679, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_text=ATH-M50&search_ord=old
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get some hd650s, I stretched the band just so slightly and after wearing them for a couple years it's like putting on a hat or a glove that fits just perfect

and they are so light, I sometimes forget I am wearing them

You get what you pay for user.

Can confirm. They sound good but they squeeze my head into a pancake.

I got some way cheaper Ozone gaming headset and they are comfy as fuck. They don't sound too bad either.

I only use AT for when I'm actually fiddling with audio production, otherwise they're unbearable.

what is this low testosterone shit? You literally can't stand a tiny bit of pressure on your head? The headphones are great.

They sound good but wearing them for >30 minutes hurts my ears

they look pretty nice.
As much as reddit shilled the M40X here because of that youtuber, these are superior by measures of every other guy on the internet except poorfags.
I have an MDR-7506 they have a very light clamp and are light on bass compared to the M40X.
I should try these, dude if you have a watermelon head just stretch them in the box. The fact that they squeeze your head is a feature for noise cancelling.

forgetting you're wearing them is an actual concern

Attached: 9541392_800.jpg (600x360, 18K)

>The fact that they squeeze your head is a feature for noise cancelling

Attached: 7a0.jpg (680x927, 84K)

I'm actually glad people don't get the difference between cancellation and isolation because it's an indicator to not take anything else they say seriously

>> 69531124
at first, yes, but my chad head can withstand

They’re comfy for me.

*snap*

M40X user here. They sound great imo and I use them both at work and home for long periods of time. Head pressure? come on.

i agree. desu the kingston hyperx stinger i have (40 aud) sounds exactly the same as my m50s (220 aud)

This. My head is too big, so I ended up leaving it stretched over some thick books overnight and now it fits my head perfectly. However, my ears are still being pressed because my "antihelix" part of the ear is a bit prominent. After a bit of adjustment it fits fine though.
Another problem is that the bottom part of the "crown" slowly disintegrated over the years and now I just tore it off and I have bare metal touching my head all day.

Use them every day for more than 10 hours and never had this problem

Not a Jow Forums meme, but a good meme.
>M50s
>sounding good
Yup, Jow Forums is dead. There's no point to a studio monitor that has a frequency graph basically equivalent to that of a Beats headphone. Just Beats Studios with more detail. Worthless product. They hurt my EARS more than my head, had tinnitus for a week cause I kept telling myself there was no better option in its price range.

Attached: MD-37038_20170321121529_ffac27394a9a1ee2.jpg (599x399, 23K)

M40xs make better sound

good Jow Forums memes I fell for:
>thinkpad x220
>gentoo
>tiling wm
>no gapps android
>IRC

bad Jow Forums memes I fell for:
>

Takstars. Honestly comfy as fuck. Feels like I am wearing cotton balls around my ears.

Attached: Original-Takstar-PRO82-pro-82-Professional-monitor-headphones-HIFI-headset-for-stereo-PC-recording-K (405x405, 98K)

>literally your head after 30 mins of m40x use

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (946x1000, 98K)

my good Jow Forums memes
>m50
>manjaro
>sicp
>hd7970

>manjaro
>good

Attached: sage_Daily_Lives_of_High_School_Boys_05_720p10bit41B2A7C6.mkv_snapshot_06.44_2012.02.07_15.04.40.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

i once wrote a negative amazon review for this describing the head pain and it was downvoted to oblivion in a matter of days

No one said they were comfy.

Really? They've been my favorites and thinking of buying the Bluetooth ones when I'm on the go

I get the difference retard, but you meant active noise cancellation. Noise cancellation happens always.
>I don't understand how graphs work and I read Reddit to know which headphones are good (not m50X because Reddit says they are bloated bass xD)

Head pain is a useless review since they can be stretched and be made more comfortable.
I did find them uncomfortable myself.

>they can be stretched and be made more comfortable
this isn't true. i've been using these regularly for over 5 years now, i've tried "stretching" them open many times

The standard method is putting them over a few books over night.

Headphones are not one size fit all. I have a melon sized head and ATH's wing designs are the most comfortable for me, nothing else even comes close. I've tried the normal bands including the likes of the m50 and they were always too tight on me but the "3d wings" fit amazing. It's almost like they don't exist on my head. I just wish they would make some with normal detachable 3.5mm cables

>Head pain is a useless review
lol why in the fuck would i pay money for cans that make my head feel like its in a vice you cuck? kys.

???????????
Jow Forums never recommended the m50, only redditfags suggest them because technigger uses them.

I thought it was the opposite.
Reddit shills other headphones than M50 because a nigger YouTuber said the M40X were better and the M50s were extremely bad. Even though most measurements say the opposite, M50s have less distortion than the competence and measure very flat. When I used M40X the upper bass was booster so it sounded "warm" but at the same time the very highs were scooped, and had way more distortion than my Don't MDR7506. Now I want to try the M50X since they measure more flat than these two and have the lower distortion (Total Harmonic Distortion)

mark ass brown lee was a literal Jow Forums parrot, he just has(d) a trustworthy cool vibe and high production value in the beginning.

My Jow Forums memes
Multiple Thinkpads
Arch linux
I3 WM
Free Software
DAP
Chifi iems

Owned the originals and the 'x' refresh since 2013 and have had no issues with them at all. The only reason I got the newer ones is because my old ones were so worn after 4 years of constant use.

its not, the m50s are muddy. the m40s are more flat. they are both shit anyway

>Jow Forums never recommended the m50
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_text=ATH-M50&search_ord=old

>not a /hpg/ thread

Mine turned to shreds after like 5 years

Attached: goalposts.jpg (300x240, 29K)

I like the M50s, but I'm not an extreme audiophile. Is there anything that's better in the same price range?

>everything posted on Jow Forums is to be taken seriously
>trusting some random thread instead of /hpg/

Attached: 1495652970314.jpg (421x421, 15K)

/hpg/'s only been around since 2013

HD595

STAX.

I know this is a bait thread, but in case some noobs don't get it, the M50x is a fantastic headphone. Completely worth the money.

>you get what you pay for

but i heard plenty of people say 650s sound like boring garbage

Chinkshitgeneral doesn't belong here.

>listening to /hpg/

Someone recommended them when I posted in the hpg.

Lose some weight you fat fuck.

Good bait

Comfy for me.

>gnu/linux
>mechanical keyboards (tho i bought a knockoff blue switch...not paying 100 for a keyboard)
>mpv
>hackerman
>private trackers
>icecat
No regrets on any of them