New Release LXQt 0.14.0

lxqt.org/release/2019/01/25/lxqt-0140/

Highlights
Split view is added to pcmanfm-qt. pcmanfm-qt handles desktop and also mounts more efficiently by benefiting from the improvements in libfm-qt.
Now, Desktop can have icons like Computer, Network, User-Dir and Trash, the Trash icon being interactive.
Render image EXIF data and new upload target (ImgBB) for lximage-qt
Custom terminal margins and history-based tab switching are added to qterminal.
All packages received massive translation updates.

Attached: ambiance.png (1366x768, 482K)

Developement is slow but it's advancing in the good direction.

>use lightweight/minimalist DEs or WMs
>have to set up everything by hand to be convenient
why not use GNOME/KDE then?

why LXDE did need to be turned to LXQT? eggsplain

>menu://applications
B L O A T

because lxde is ugly

IIRC there were two teams with the same goal but different approaches (LXDE/Razor-qt), so they decided to join their efforts into a single DE (Lxqt)

It's not even that lightweight/minimalist anymore. LXDE was much lighter. Just disable baloo/akondai(or whatever it's called) and animations on kde. Same result.

not an argument, being ugly is tolerable in favor of functionality and spared resources

Disabling file indexer, feature that makes modern desktop a modern desktop.
That is a no from me.

Baloo is useless anyway. At least GNOME gets this right

Yikes, why even use KDE then.

gtk>qt

You know I'm right

You're not. Fuck gtk, pango and cairo are alright though

pcmanfm looks like shit in that screenshot. There's too many misaligned things.

>this is your mind on suckless

Some of you guys are alright.
Don't use gtk tomorrow.

it works for me

Never worked for me
>set folders to index
>try to search something you know it's there
>nothing found

What I meant was, kde works for me with that piece of trash of file indexing disabled. Searching files without it does not take too long anyway.

I use neither but LXDE was better when I tried it out
Its more compact and condensed whereas LXQT is ugly and has these weird and inconsistent spacing issues.
LXQT feels shitty to use compared to LXDE.

I liked the ambitious project of porting lxde to qt, but you are right, lxqt is still "not there", and it might not be for a long time with so little manpower in it. It does not even have miniature windows in the workspace changer, while lxde had it since forever.

Fuck no. gtk2 was acceptable but modern qt is much nicer. gtk3 on the other hand is downright unacceptable. Bugs out the ass that haven't been fixed in decades, no thumbnails, crashes all the time, features disappearing all the time, slow as fuck. When a gtk2 program that let you change the size of a pane is updated to gtk3, all of a sudden the pane must now be unresizable, so you have to guess what "Ch..." is about and which of "Ch..." and "Ch..." and "Ch..." bring you to chapter 18 in your pdf viewer.

lxde is based on gtk2 if i'm not mistaken and that will be or is deprecated since there's gtk3 and main dev of lxde hates gtk3 so he's using qt. don't quote me on that, though.

GTK+2 was great.
GTK+3 es shit.

This.
We need to fork gtk2 and maintain it. We could call it gtkrwn

baloo is Pure Garbage. use another indexer.

What's the point of using a file indexing program beyond locate? Do you really need two programs to do the same thing?

Nice KDE