Why are so many screencaps blurry these days?

Why are so many screencaps blurry these days?

Attached: 1520199349317.jpg (598x1329, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/money/companies/media-industry-loses-about-1000-jobs-as-layoffs-hit-news-organizations/ar-BBSHKUa
isgp-studies.com/intro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

huffpost opinion is being discarded?
wew

Yup, all of it got shut down.
I believe Buzzfeed also downsized at the same time.

Why? What happened?
Also
>opinion editor
How the fuck is this even a thing?

>writing for an echo chamber that already agrees with itself doesn't generate revenue

Attached: hmmmmmmmmm.jpg (460x350, 19K)

I'm not sure exactly, seems to be due to falling revenue requiring these companies to downsize. I'm not surprised given their content.
>Opinion editor
Most "journalism" is just partisan activism now; either the obvious "this is what you should think" style or just lies by omission.
The sooner rags like Buzzfeed and HuffPo go down the better.

Attached: wooooo.gif (220x220, 17K)

The market demand for “7 disney princesses who definitely relate to this meme” articles is diminishing. Go woke get broke as they say kek.

>63% women inc. trannies
So... the majority was still men?

Isn’t it because they get re-screenshotted and more compressed?

I initially read "columnist" as "communist"

Attached: 904443754677.jpg (600x400, 45K)

screencaps are often blurry because people don't use exact dimensions for every cap, and stretch the smaller ones to compensate /remove empty space. the transformation isn't an exact integer multiplier so it's blurred.

another reason for this might be jpeg compression, but many screenshot utilities take png screenshots by default including windows

>Why are so many screencaps blurry these days?
People don't understand that PNG is often more efficient for screencaps. So they save them as JPEG instead and over time generation loss does the rest.
Also

JPEG doesn't make stuff blurry. It adds artifacts that can make text fuzzy, and if chroma subsampling is used red and blue colors bleed into their surrounding (you could call that blur too I guess but it's too specific).

msn.com/en-us/money/companies/media-industry-loses-about-1000-jobs-as-layoffs-hit-news-organizations/ar-BBSHKUa
>Like so many talented and lovely journalists
The balls on this woman.

>falling revenue
>market demand
Was making money ever the point though? I was under the impression that these media outlets were propped up by (((them))) as a way to spread their agenda to as many people as possible. From that perspective it makes sense that they wouldn't directly generate a profit, they were always meant to do that indirectly, by driving trends and manufacturing faux social movements.

>Was making money ever the point though

It was to the VCs that invested in them, and have now grown sick of the money pit these digital news platforms are now they've lost all their facebook traffic.

>a literal PhD in romantic comedies
wait what?

Attached: 1460339691958.jpg (320x438, 23K)

It's get woke go broke you fucking imbecile

She watches a lot of romantic comedies

>these media outlets were propped up by (((them))) as a way to spread their agenda to as many people as possible. From that perspective it makes sense that they wouldn't directly generate a profit, they were always meant to do that indirectly, by driving trends and manufacturing faux social movements.
you don't drain your fortune in order to engineer society. Then you're a pauper and what's the point? Making money is always #1. Always. Every situation. You can't do anything without it.

prove it meanie

literal phd in romantic comedies

>drain
These people won't go bankrupt just because they keep a few thousand wagies on payroll. I think it has more to do with this form of propaganda becoming largely useless since the people who read articles like these already agree with what they're saying, and it has increasingly become more and more popular to make fun of clickbait titles. So they're deciding that this particular strategy has run its course and it's time to scale it back. That's my guess anyway.

Recompression plus I noticed people shilling stuff like pngcrush always post blurry images. Or perhaps they are using the superior snipping tool or just cropping.

>p-p-pol
fuck off

>These people won't go bankrupt just because they keep a few thousand wagies on payroll.
this kind of understanding of finance is why you're poor. A negative is a negative.
>becoming largely useless
yes, now you're getting it. The decreasing benefit is no longer worth the cost, so they restructure.

>(((them)))
don't believe too literally in pol memes.
isgp-studies.com/intro

>this kind of understanding of finance is why you're poor
Lukewarm IQ detected. You're smart enough to realise that an "every penny counts" mentality is a good one, but too dumb to realise that when you manage hundreds of billions of dollars of assets your time is extremely valuable and you can't afford to micromanage every single gear and spring in your enterprises. Generally the larger the operation the more inefficiencies manage to slip through the crack. It's happening in many industries where people with made up job titles doing nothing are getting 6 figure salaries. There's no way the verizon board had a meeting and noticed a drop in revenue as a direct result of their clickbait sites losing traffic. The sites that were affected are tiny in the grand scheme of things.
It's much more likely that they got a report on recent examples of companies being overly "woke" and generating negative pr, told the executives that their agenda was to not let any of their departments fly too close to the sun, and now they're going around cleaning those departments up a little.

Why THE FUCK are there still 360p videos being uploaded that were shot on $2000 smartphones?
normalfags are so fucking dumb i hate them so fucking much.

This is satire, right?

Because normalfaggots upload them to Facebook, which scales them and converts them to jpg with shit quality, then the next normalfag is too retarded to save the screenshot so he takes another fucking screenshot instead, then he uploads it to leddit and eventually someone saves it and reposts it here.

no, screenshots really suck these dys i wish newniggers will learn

What school funds a doctorate in freaking romantic comedies?

as if pol can enlighten you on image compression artifacts

>Why
in some cases it's because people don't know how to save images on websites and it probably doesn't help that chrome doesn't have the right click on images and save feature. the result is that people take a screencap of a screencap and you get more and more artifacts each time someone re-posts.