10nm is vaporware

10nm is vaporware.
hahahahahahahahahahaha.

youtube.com/watch?v=lkpFzOujpIE

Attached: 1515221586890.png (682x792, 339K)

DELID DIS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTF!!!

Attached: 1505147990486.jpg (329x329, 57K)

Intel's really fallen behind, that's for sure. For those who don't want to bother watching it, the news is that Intel will begin upgrading their Oregon facility for 7nm this summer and it is expected to take 18 months until 7nm production starts. That puts Intel 7nm on track for Q1 2021.

Attached: intel-stock-cooler-next-to-motherboard.jpg (711x457, 61K)

Incels Insideā„¢
Don't worry, you'll match current AMD performance by 2021. Of course by then, we will be far, far ahead... ;)

Attached: 1533307507245.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Or Intel could decide to match AMD performance next month. Yes, really, they can if they want to.

How? Intel competes with TSMC, not AMD. Intel could easily outsource production of chips to TSMC and have a 7nm chip on the market within a month. Intel and AMD chips would use the same fab and it would only be chip design separating them.

Intel telling investors "Fabrication isn't working out for us, we'll just abandon those millions upon million of dollars we've invested" isn't exactly likely, far from it. I'm just saying they could if they wanted to.

Attached: 6052963_fc54c7e3fe_w_500.jpg (500x502, 56K)

>Yes, really, they can if they want to
HAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

imagine being this delusional

AAAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

>yes, really
>they could if they wanted to
lmao

Attached: aryan.jpg (480x480, 132K)

>smeltdown was a year ago
>still no hardware mitigation
>7nm within the month
cope

Are all of you too stupid to understand that anyone who calls TSMC and says "we've got all this money and we'd like you to make this chip for us on your 7nm node" gets to have their chip produced?

Intel does not want to abandon their fabs. They are too invested. They are also 2+ years behind TSMC now.

Think about this, what would you do if you by magic became the new CEO of Intel today and you by magic could get the boards approval for anything? Would you rule out outsourcing production to TSMC to get 7nm products out next month instead of Q1 2021?

Attached: amd_girl7_b.jpg (769x1024, 216K)

I really, really, really, truly, honestly, do not give a FUCK about this shit.

Enjoy your crap AMD cpu.

>Intel could easily outsource production of chips to TSMC and have a 7nm chip on the market within a month
holy shit you are genuinely retarded if you think porting a design to a smaller node works like that

HE REALLY DOES AAAAAAHH HAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA INCELS ARE DESPERATE!!!!!

>7nm within the month
You may or may not be aware of this but TSMC has been doing 7nm production for half a year. Yes, Intel could call them up and offer them money and have chips coming out of their _competitors_ factory very soon.

I'm not sure what kind of brain malfunction you girls have which prevents you from understanding the basic concept of outsourcing production.

>porting your chips to another fab
>get product in a month
lolololololololololol

I've noticed a trend in shill threads that i really can't ignore anymore. The same goes for both sides AMD and Intel. The same banter and over and over like we're stuck in some fucked up variant of /b/'s andy6 faggotry. Is this one guy doing this for both sides? Or is Jow Forums just full of Chinese insect people that can't make a solo thought without having some dickhead's fifth wheel opinion steer their thought process, Are people really like this?

Attached: 2eb.jpg (631x704, 32K)

>porting a design to a smaller node works
yes
>license 7nm design from AMD
>get TSMC to produce it
>Intel branded EPIC CPUs within 2 weeks
it's possible but not likely

>license 7nm design from AMD
are you for real?
like, one hundred percent serious?
might as well consider contacting ancient aliens for their designs as well, it's equally as likely

why the fuck do you think AMD would just give out the ace in their hand to their only competitor?

yes, yes.
amd took a year plus switching from global foundries 7nm to tsmc 7nm because they're incompetent pajeets.

it's called a meme

That would be suicide for the stock price, and Intel really cares about investor.

well, amd could ask for $6billion upfront payment.
and 66% royalty of every chip sold and rake all that cash.
intel is basically the marketing tool.

>this post
>proceeds to post a meme forced by Jow Forums and /reddit9k/
kys

You're just another statistic

okay, the terms for an impossible deal are also impossible
you have NO understanding of corporate world and you're just spouting nonsense
a move like this, or anything similar, would be Intel's funeral in eyes of investors

>Proceeds to spell out the same cringey acronym as all the other 12 year old's.
>Original

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

if you can't pay, fuck off.

huh?

why people say AMD is crap? The chip design is more watts efficient, cooler and can be used in tough places While intel can only be used in non humid areas with temperate weather. and lets not forget how much you gotta tweak settings or mod the chip just to get the performance.

>why people say AMD is crap?
because they still have the mental image of helpless AMD from 10 years ago, despite things being a whole lot different now
>While intel can only be used in non humid areas with temperate weather
what are you even talking about, cause that simply isn't true regardless of which side you're at

You realize Intel's current 14nm is faster than AMD's 7nm, right?

And the transistors on AMD's "7nm" are not actually 7nm. It's just marketing.
You do know that.
Right?

Attached: 14nmFinfet3.png (3000x1688, 107K)

>weeks, not moths
Oh wait
>laughs in wincommander

0/10 bait

Y'know, this picture may apply to /v/ but I think the message behind it applies to this thread.

Attached: once again v shows its technical understanding of hardware.jpg (1024x1275, 553K)

they did that with AMD64. Makes sense to make money when your competitors sell, too

that was during a completely different time
AMD is on a roll and they know they're gripping Intel by the balls. Any kind of help provided to Intel would be disasterous

Its more than one person, ive shitposted myself in the past

Even if they could, it's monolithic trash, which would have equally trash yields.

athlon 64 was faster than pentium 4

i'm not talking about speed here but market share

for every chip intel sells, amd get paid.
what's the problem?

Thats not how the deal works user.

Noooooo
My headkanon

first of all, it isn't a deal that's physically possible
not even under the wildest of opportunities

second, it gives Intel the market presence. If their chips are equal to AMD they can pay off marketing in their favor
Intel's ad budget is enormous compared to AMD and that's enough to sway customers

summing it up, you're considering scenarios that would happen right after hell froze over

This thread is the shitposting singularity. It's no longer possible to distinguish shitposting from legitimate retardation in the idiocy posted here.

welcome to Jow Forums, enjoy your stay

>*you're

your pretty good

7nm is the channel length, which is controlled by ion implantation. Please keep up user. Fins aren't the transistor, they're just what goes around it.

"7nm" does not have a 7nm channel length.
7nm is a marketing word.

>which is controlled by ion implantation
This is one of the most pseudointellectual things I have literally ever seen written on the site. You just googled some shit about "how are semiconductors made?" and shoehorned it into the conversation in some attempt to look like an expert. You instead look like a pathetic 13 year old.

thx

*ur

I've been here for a looooong time. Either it's been getting worse or I'm getting too old for this shit.

it's not getting worse
we're just getting older

Good Lord you are desperate. Is Intel even paying you?

7nm is the marketing cable fin of watt difference and the oregano foundry AMD make CPU not as viable diminishing benchmark 15nm core lisa su release anti-competitive FPS triple channel without PCIE undervolt.

Attached: 1547056277411.jpg (720x676, 131K)

it seems like if you got into PC gaming around the years 2007-2018 you would think Intel always dominated but AMD were kings before that.

>if you got into PC gaming around the years 2007
When did Skyrim release?

I believe the Phenom II CPUs were competitive.

The long dumpster fire that was the FX lineup while AMD was making Zen has made it seem to 15-year-olds everywhere that AMD can't or hasn't ever competed with Intel, when, in fact, AMD has beaten them quite easily with a few architectures.

Attached: 1544037882324.png (1228x1502, 944K)

No, it's definitely just getting worse.

that's a man baby