Why is tech becoming worse instead of better?

Attached: 1528606681417.png (917x686, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/03/like-a-beautiful-painting-image-of-new-years-mayhem-in-manchester-goes-viral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because civilization is no longer progressing. We will continue going backwards

Cause everything get patented and blackboxed, good innovation is illegal now.

But Kia's today vs Kia's of the 90s are like heaven and hell. Clearly someone is progressing.

Because Musk runs Tesla like a SV startup not like a car company.
He had a good change when he hired a lot of good GM people, but he chose to ignore a hundred years of industry wisdom because he "knew better"

>a Kia in the 90's
So, not bad at all?

Reddit btfo!

Next to no one is interested in how stuff works so it doesn't matter how bad the product is, as long as >90% of them don't fall apart before the warranty is over. It's a race to the bottom where everyone is trying to fool their audience that they're producing quality instead of QUALITY. The bigger the margins, the more "successful" they are. Ignorance is bliss. There's also patents/copyright and other shit that's there for the benefit of a single person/company instead of society.

90's is when the quality for cars sinked and continues to sink to this day. 80's were the peak.

Tesla doesnt have nearly 100 years of experience manufacturing cars like other producers have.

The startup way of doing things is the opposite of how a car company runs. If electric motors werent braindead easy to make Tesla wouldnt have a fucking chance

Not bad at all, but flaws you'd expect on a 10k usd econobox

Making cars is not easy.
Some companies have been designing cars for nearly a century and still regularly fuck it up.

With corporate capitalists in the driver seat, technology is being steered towards mindless monetization and psychological manipulation towards monetization. There isn't any space in the sector for cool kids doing cool shit or making the world a better place. There is however, the Chinese government attempting to go full Orwell with this stuff.

Attached: 1424923313214.jpg (488x410, 44K)

In the 90's Kia's had 10 year bumper to bumper warranties, and they weren't poorly built. They just suffered from not having the brand recognition that they deserved.
I never owned one myself, but they weren't bad cars.

Remember how toasters used to survive decades? The producers sure were losers back then... they could habve engineered them to die as soon as the warranty is up like today, this way they get to sell 20 of new ones instead of one of the old ones!

There's university courses teaching product designers how to make things break on time.

Because of western government interventionism attempting to implement communism lite creating corporate fascist hell holes instead of just leaving the free markets alone for people to make a living and innovate

Companies purpose is not to make better technology, but to make money. If making better technology is a worse method than brainwashing people and selling them crap then guess what companies will use?

or it could literally just be cheap crap made in China and it won't stop because people keep buying heaps of bullshit

True they did function as a car...but then again they didn't cost $50k+

Turns out that manufacturing cars is pretty god damned hard. You have a CEO, with zero personal background in automotive, that brought in advisors from some of the best car manufacturers in the world and completely ignored anything they had to offer.

Attached: 99-Aston-Martin-Vantage-LeMans-DV_09-GC-004.jpg (1024x681, 215K)

I'm sitting in a fucking chick fil a so I'm not going to go into detail, but yes old kias were absolute garbage and theres a reason so many of them never survived into today, and a reason they had a warranty. They fucking suck now too. Brb have to go screech at the fucks making my food it's been almost half an hour

The natural end of pretty much everything good under capitalism.

Making the best product isn't the best way to make money, and this is especially true in the tech sector.

Because it would be unprofitable. Tech progression needs selflessness and generosity

>they didn't cost $50k+
IMO this is one of the impressive aspects of Kia.
It's easier to have a good product if it's expensive as opposed to one that's relatively cheap.

This
Tesla wouldn't exist without handouts. Let the free market decide when affordable electric cars come out pro tip the answer is not 20 fucking 18

Tesla received hand outs, and grants, because the US likes investing in new technologies, and not for being an auto manufacturer.

KIA in 90's was pretty solid cars, tho shitty.

Truth right there, and that's specially true in regards to Tesla. I live in Sweden and I regularly spend some time in Norway.

Norway's got some really big subsidies on electric cars and there's also some huge fees on fossil fuel engines. The result is that there's a lot of Tesla's on the streets. You see them everywhere. I've yet to see a single one in my home town in Sweden.

This will change, though. The new regime in Sweden has a goal of outlawing anything but electric cars by 2030. The fun part is that electricity prices in Sweden are record high right now and the regime does not want to build more nuclear powerplants. Running cars on imported electricity produced by coal is such environmentally friendly.

Global mega corps have a stranglehold over every single market, including the politicians who "regulate" them. Every industry is stuffed with anti-competitive practices that destroy, undermine or buy out any challengers.

When a company has market dominance, they don't care about innovation, only about maximizing profits through mass marketing, selling your data, and lowered costs of production, cheaper wages, cheaper materials.

Attached: 1547110437646.jpg (620x387, 438K)

Also stop allowing car monopolies to have to power to shut out competitors like that time a bunch of them got together to lobby governments to stop Tesla from selling directly to the public. In fact stop all corporations from shutting out competitors period and maybe we won't end up with shitty ISPs and a couple of companies assuming the positions of arbiter of all human communications. I want to die

Attached: 5a65be6f863df45726d16848316eef4c.gif (768x654, 58K)

Lobbyists should be tarred and feathered

Out of sight out of mind ya know? Why solve the problem when you can export it to another country?

Jews

t. gyeongsung kimchi nida

I have a theory that the more buzzwords used in a comment, the less user knows about anything. Congratulations, you've broken a record.

So are you a commie or a jew? or both?

This. But still, their shitboxes can't into suspension.
I mean, it works, but nothing like German or French. Not even Japanese.

In my shithole there are a lot of old 90's and 00's KIAs.
2004-ish models were OK.
I guess you live in norther shithole with salt on roads, which makes them corrode fast.
European shitboxes were painted and some were even galvanized, so they didn't rust and they still work.

No. Things are purpose-made to break now.

Future generations are going to look back at the waste of our society in stupefaction.

Tesla cars are not good cars
just buy a BMW or a RR.

But lets be real, OP's article is just another media hitpiece bought and paid for by Tesla's competitors. Something which the media's been even more willing to do ever since musk called them out of being propagandists instead of journalists.

I never owned Korean cars. I just don't think that there were anything wrong with them especially when comparing them to other manufacturers use German, American, Japanese, and etc.

There are still things wrong with them.
But for grocery cart they don't matter, since shit is reliable.

Let's start ending government subsidies where it matters - in the well established oil/gas/automotive industries that have existed since well before tesla and have and are taking many times more money from the taxpayers than tesla has since its existence.

Anyone who attacks tesla/spacex for "getting taxpayer money" but never mentions boeing, lockheed, BP, exxon, etc. is in the best case a low-information easily manipulated idiot, and most likely a genuine shill trying to conduct negative advertising campaigns against the aforementioned's competitor.

Skoda. I promise, you will want more, kurva.

>There are still things wrong with them.
There's things wrong with every. My opinion is that Kia's weren't half bad.

Because you have dementia.

>There's things wrong with every.
Well, I'd say Europeans shitboxes of era had better corrosion resistance, and better handling and stuff.
But that's said, it doesn't really matter for avg. user.

Kia/Hyundai is Acer of cars.

Guy you replied to, I completely agree.

Why is tech journalism becoming worse instead of better?

European shitboxes would breakdown more. This is something that I always hated about eurocars. They seem nice on paper, but maintaining them is kind of shit. They never tell you that the gearboxes are shit, and costs as much as the car to replace, or anything.

>They never tell you that the gearboxes are shit, and costs as much as the car to replace, or anything.
Europeans don't ride automatic at all, this is why it is shit there.
Suspension is stronger I'd say...

But yeah, European cars are slightly more difficult to service, while working on KIA is simple, no weird fasteners and stuff... And they had much better automatics, since they were trying to enter US market.

modern eurocars are literal trash. getting really tired of "muh german engineering" bs. would rather buy ford, at least parts are cheap here

>implying that euroshit manual transmissions are any better

This. I'm not even into Ford, but I'd pick them over German.

>Running cars on imported electricity produced by coal is such environmentally friendly.
Not saying coal is clean, but EVs still have a smaller impact than conventional vehicles even if they are powered by coal. Of course the advantage with EVs is we can switch to nuclear as soon as the public stops being retarded/full of coal/solar shills.

Too much retarded electronics is what killed modern cars.
t. not even a boomer

For some reason if something is electronic it gets a license to be total shit. It doesn't matter what it is or how much it cost.

I wonder if it is possible to install third-party ECU on Tesla and increase chooch factor by 1000?

Never had a problem.
Sure, Renault can't make proper gear rations, but other than that shit is impossible to kill.

This.
Only electronic module you will need is ECU.
Maybe electronic power steering ECU.

Nuclear is dirty af.
Sure, it doesnt make greenhouse gases, but it makes retards more often.

>EVcucks buy them anyways
electric cars are for fags

>everyone loves their Tesla more than any other car
>safest car ever tested
>jews at 100 year old car manufacturers start sweating, trying to figure out what to do besides improve their shit
>lightbulb
>"guys this car is bad after we looked at the parts in detail! Don't buy it. Please. Mr Shecklburg will take away my wife's BBC if I don't."

>Korean cars are ba-

Attached: b769b3c68d1137c9a640f58511ec5a4a87e1e080.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

Because Americans become dumber and non American tech is obscured. Did you know that Hubble is not the only space telescope? Did you know that the fastest supercomputer is made in China? Did you know that the best nuclear tech comes from Russia? Did you know that world best medicine is in Cuba? I bet you didn't.

>Did you know that the fastest supercomputer is made in China?
Do you know with what parts this is made and with what machine those CPU's are fabricated.

Stop being a retard.

there won't be future generations after we've wasted all of the raw materials needed to make civilization function

I didn't, but that's, because Cuba doesn't have the best medicine, but they are the best at sharing the medicical tech, and procedures that they know, and Russia doesn't have the best nuclear tech, but they gave a claim to the most powerful nuclear bomb, and China doesn't have the fastest supercomputer, because it's been IBM's summit since 2018.

I guess you are like 60 years late on nuclear tech, and what you wrote is the definition of best medicine.

>I guess you are like 60 years late on nuclear tech
US is still leading in nuclear tech. Russia needs more powerful bombs, because they have shit guidance. The US has better guidance tech, so they can get away with smaller warheads.
>Russia bigger bombs because they aren't that accurate
>US smaller warheads, because accuracy
>and what you wrote is the definition of best medicine.
They share what they know doesn't translate into their medicine as being the best.

>Cuba doesn't have the best medicine, but they are the best at sharing the medicical tech, and procedures that they know

In other words they don't have the best medicine, but they have the best health care.

>In other words they don't have the best medicine, but they have the best health care.
In theory they should have, but iirc the UK holds the top spot for healthcare. Cuba "shares" their medical tech, and procedures with other countries as a trade, and without it they would starve to death. At least they are decent, and put r&d into it, but they aren't considered the best at medicine.

Anons how to into Cuban steroids, high, and peds?

>HGH
>PED
Buy from Venezuela, or direct from Cuba?

>german and french
You say that like it's a good thing?
European cars are some of the worst of the planet.
Only memers buy euro, then wonder why 'cars cost so much to fix'

how the fuck is nuclear dirty? I mean maybe if you have brainlet chodes at the controls like fukishima and chernobyl. Otherwise it is the cleanest way of producing energy. Solar and wind are a joke.

>Did you know that the fastest supercomputer is made in China

>Using intel processors and coprocessors

>Running cars on imported electricity produced by coal is such environmentally friendly.
Yes, it is more environmentally friendly than using gas. The net energy output vs pollutant output is (significantly) better for large-scale power plants than it is for a 2 liter gas motor.

Also, yes, governments and the public are fucking retarded for blocking nuclear every chance they get. But let's be real, it's not the politicians or the public doing the blocking, it's energy corporations that don't want anyone to have cheap, reliable energy.

>communist
These are a red herring and you know it.

>jew
These are the real enemy. After all, Communism was started and proliferated by Zionist Jews.

Ford vehicles are literally rolling trash and they're still a better choice than anything that comes out of Germany. What's that saying about German cars, "a fool and his money are soon parted"?

>ignoring the Muslim question

Kia back then had a great warranty tho.

Why do brits need to go blackout drunk every weekend? Don't they know their limit or do they just enjoy feeling like shit the next day?
It's not like there is anything to gain after you've hit a comfortable drunkness

I've read that current Ford has been doing better as far as durability/dependability.
Plus I like their trucks.

>Muslim
Ignorant 3rd worlders who would otherwise have absolutely no interest nor ability to immigrate to Western countries if it weren't for Zionists importing them by the millions into majority-white nations?

What about em?

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/03/like-a-beautiful-painting-image-of-new-years-mayhem-in-manchester-goes-viral

Advantage of ev is that they don't produce pollution in the cities that suffer the most from it. Same reason urban railways user electric power and not diesel locomotives.

>What about em?
There's a billion of them, and they own more if your country than you do.
With that said I completely understand why you're such a coward that you would say anything to omit them as the real threat. They are already your overlords, and you are wise to be this afraid coward.

Technically you can feed any amount of electric power into a motor and it will turn it into mechanical output. Whether or not it's gonna twist off it's own driveshaft or melt instantly is a different problem.

Oy vey goy er- I mean, guy. Those muslims are definitely the biggest threat to society, not people like us who are pushing for mass immigration and open borders - for everyone other than Israel, of course.

Attached: 1545622562704.png (489x303, 124K)

Why are millenials praising 90s kias?

Also how are millenials surprised that someone without any car manufacturing experience is making the same mistakes as people made in the past?

>Oy goy
You're not fooling anyone Omar.

Is this good or bad?
Is this just some sensational outrage by a pr firm?

>says Muslims should stay in their own countries and Jews should stop importing 3rd worlders
>"you must be a Muslim"
Based retarded Israeli astroturfer

Attached: 1534802890080.jpg (599x409, 68K)

Because 90's, and early 2k kias werent bad especially for their price, and the warranties that came with them.

Say something negative about the Prophet Muhammad, and I'll believe you.

capitalism has no interest in making technology the best it can be, only good enough to grab what wealth is available at the time of a person's life span.

you're seeing capitalism optimizing technology that is too good for its purposes out of existence. technology is too good for capitalism's purposes when it helps individuals leverage it for their freedom.

that's the world we chose to create, so stop complaining because you got exactly what you fucking wanted.

>delusional amerimutt
Yeah I guess that makes you sleep soundly. Imagine if you knew that Russians have warheads that can saturate local missile defense with a single rocket though clustering, that each come with three separate nuclear warheads per missile and a dozen of identical but cheap inert decoys. And of fucking course they're in hypersonic fight on the last leg. And that's not even the secret tech, that crap is two decades old by now.