What's their problem?

What's their problem?

Attached: intel.jpg (2736x1824, 3.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

csef.ru/en/nauka-i-obshchestvo/306/sovetskie-korni-proczessora-intel-pentium-4912
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://habr.com/company/smartengines/blog/317672/
elbrus2k.wikidot.com/elbrus-compilers
my.mixtape.moe/nbljnp.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not enough money.

No competition.

Rising antisemitism.

Attached: yui.jpg (1641x2048, 335K)

Not diverse enough.

Rising semitism

why not ask them on their website or forums?
Why ask here, theres no experts on intel at Jow Forums

Just write an email or go to their forums

Just ask them the question
"Hey, intel, what's your problem"

I bet people do that on a semi-daily basis tho

>What's their problem?
AMD is taking Intel from the front and the Russian Elbrus CPUs are taking Intel from the back.

Attached: Elbrus 2000 summary.png (1118x6281, 764K)

>Elbrus
Pfft

Mere mortal can not comprehend its power and efficiency. Intel is Fucked, and AMD will suffer the same fate.

Attached: server Elbrus.png (1599x899, 452K)

Only Russians are being forced to buy the Elbrus. Economy of scale is not in their favor, and it won't make any sense for non Russians to purchase them.

>Economy of scale is not in their favor
Not today but they plan on mass production in 2 years, both Server CPUs and Consumer CPUs. It is indeed a bit too soon and a promising upcoming competitor.

Once Elbrus-16SV is released they will be baking at least 400k of those CPUs for their domestic supercomputers. At that point the economy of scale will begin to be in their favor and they can slowly take over the server market, at least in Russia.

Attached: The 5th Generation 28nm 8-Core VLIW Elbrus-8C Processor Architecture.png (6164x1439, 2.3M)

Hats off to them then, but today they are a non competitor.

They are currently ordered by the government, universities, and large corporations. The Bios & motherboards are developed in-house and come with an optimized open source Linux. You can also run Windows and any other x86 application on it as well. Compatibility and performance is where Intel failed with Itanium.

Attached: 3ce8e515c9dfaf4f19367208c440d012.jpg (869x498, 164K)

>MЦCT
>Moscow Center for SPARC Technology
>doesn't develop SPARC chips

They did initially. Then When Russia started to get their shit together after the fall of the soviet union they redesigned the CPU and made their own custom architecture, meanwhile Intel still uses the same architectures that was developed in the soviet union. Here is an interesting read on the history.
csef.ru/en/nauka-i-obshchestvo/306/sovetskie-korni-proczessora-intel-pentium-4912

Attached: elbrus_804_1u_open_rear_1024x0640.jpg (1024x640, 136K)

They're still developing sparc. Iirc their latest CPU which is in the s400's are sparc.

>They are currently ordered by the government, universities, and large corporations.
Yea, because they are forced to by the Russian government.
The CPU us nothing special especially when in comparison to what us currently available, and the prices. The only people who even care about it are the usual Russian shills.

In one of the technical presentation it was said that banks in Russia are looking at Elbrus because it is more efficient then Intel and AMD for their use case. Even while it is currently under performing overall, in niche cases it has better performance duo to the large parallelization potential. The main appeal with Elbrus right now is the cybersecurity aspect. The architecture is made to be inherently secure by enforcing and checking stuff on the hardware level. Stuff like buffer overflows or memory leaks raise a hardware interrupt for instance. This makes it more secure. Compare that to Intel with backdoors. Here is a performance comparison.
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://habr.com/company/smartengines/blog/317672/
It is not so far behind.

Attached: Elbrus-8SV.png (891x1519, 496K)

So, Elbrus is basically just a VLIW implementation.

Yes, VLIW EPIC.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-10 Russian Home-Grown Computer Poised to Ease Dependence on Industry Heavyweights (1273x2331, 725K)

Is this the same russianfag shilling the Elbrus, because I've seen these posted before. Exactly like how it's posted in thread.

This is a shit thread and I decided to take the bait by answering to it with That got some anons curious and they started to ask questions. I simply replied to them and answered to their questions to the best of my ability. It's not shilling dude.

Attached: 1548454973828.jpg (752x440, 57K)

>2021
>16nm
*laughs in zen2*

1500GFLOPS for 110W TDP.
Compare that to dual socket EPYC and XEON firehouse.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09 Система с двумя процессорами AMD Epyc 7601 уступ (1264x242, 28K)

You

By that time 16nm will cost so little even Russia could afford to use it.

>It's not shilling dude.
I believe you Ivan.

>2021
Epyc will be on 5nm at this point.

>gigaflops
>Intel has been shitting out teraflop CPUs for a while now

VLIW means you're cutting out all of the on the fly instruction scheduling, etc, and relying on the compiler to do it for you ahead of time.

It also means you're not likely to actually make use of a lot of the execution units - The 1500 GFLOPS is only theoretical maximum when all of them are in use.

What are the units for media perfomance? I know the "/c" is per second, and that gamma-beta looking thing is gigabytes, but I don't know what mpiks is supposed to be.

Won't save them though.

>>Intel has been shitting out teraflop CPUs for a while now
1500GFLOPS for one Elbrus compared to dual XEON and dual EPYC. That is one CPU with a TDP of 110W against two dual socket CPUs with a combined TDP of 360W.

It's the compiler's job to look at the code and perform as many calculations as possible in parallel using optimization techniques. elbrus2k.wikidot.com/elbrus-compilers

Mpix/s, I can't find that one for the Elbrus though. It's difficult to get all the pieces together.

Attached: Screenshot_20190125_181552.png (3840x2160, 3.2M)

>Dual
A single 18core i9 desktop cpu= sustained teraflop
A single Knights corner from 2011= sustained teraflop
These are sustained, and not theoretical btw. Manufacturers have been pushing terraflops off of single CPUs for a while now.

Forgot to mention that these CPUs already exist vs the Russian pipe dream that doesn't exist.

>A single 18core i9 desktop cpu
Need for AVX2 and AVX512 usage, desktop, a house-fire, requires heavily multi-threaded application, 977.0 GFLOPS, not even reaching TFLOPS.

>A single Knights corner from 2011
An expansion card, 50 co-processors, discontinued.

Intel BTFO.

Attached: 1548448301003.gif (305x205, 435K)

>I bet people do that on a semi-daily basis tho
well on an anti-semitic basis I expect

>discontinued
>2011
No shit.
>Intel BTFO
Russia can't into 2011 yet. Russia btfo.

>Sustained tflop from a two year old consumer cpu
>Russia theoretical tflop from a theoretical cpu
Do you understand?

>butthurt slavs outside of Jow Forums and Jow Forums
Classic.

diversity

Attached: 1520431944314.png (1440x2117, 1016K)

Joos and poos

10nm
shitters on internet (shared enemy with AMD)

Is 10nm problematic?

Intel has always sucked at innovating x86 architectures but until now has gotten away with it based on node advantage and marketing + dirty tricks. As a result of having made several catastrophic bets on the design of their 10nm node and failing to course correct due to the sunk cost fallacy, Intel is about to lose their node advantage, quite possibly permanently.

There are good reasons to double that Intel can remain competitive in the x86 market without said fab advantage.

Intel has always sucked at innovating x86 architectures but until now has gotten away with it based on node advantage and marketing + dirty tricks. As a result of having made several catastrophic bets on the design of their 10nm node and failing to course correct due to the sunk cost fallacy, Intel is about to lose their node advantage, quite possibly permanently.

There are good reasons to doubt that Intel can remain competitive in the x86 market without said fab advantage.

to inteligent too use good tim

a processor that wont exist for two more years compared to ones that are out now.
You mean 580GFlOPS, Vlad

your going mad from all of those fumes being made by Roscosmos's failed rockets

Attached: 1540118014143.png (508x453, 144K)

>toon killed his brother. dropped a grand piano on his head

Intel is begin facing real competition now because they failed with their top notch manufacturing process so now their advantage is disadvantage.

I legitimately don't know how this shit is talked about openly. How is this not just racism.
Stacey Dash said it best, we either have integration or segregation.
Are these Asian, Black, Hispanic, Female, etc. Engineers or are they just "Engineers".

How can you literally and actually talk about someones gender and sex, focus solely on that, and pretend like it's not sexist and racist.
You're implying that there is some meaningful difference, a reason to group people differently based on their skin and sex.

This shit makes me so angry with the world.
Not even for the surface issue, but for the deeper problem that this issue can even still exist. That people can be this ironically stupid. That multiple million dollar industries comprised of supposedly bright individuals can act this way to the general public without being reprimanded.

I hate this. It does nothing but make multiple parties mad when the entire point is to bring us together. This is division not unity. This is regressive ignorance not intelligent progress.

This is how I feel right now.
my.mixtape.moe/nbljnp.webm

hit the technological wall in 2012

Damn, how many social media bots can you run on that bad boy?

Forming a habit of gluing last year's processors together to make the next generation. Liquid metal pasting was the best thing to happen to i9 Intel users.