Spaghetti

>me
>in intro CS class
>already know basic programming
>class is moving at a snails pace
>haven't even gotten to if statements
>do program for homework
>"You can't use if statements, the autograder will reject any program that uses an if statement"
>do code
>turn it in
>0/100
>rejected because had the word "if" in a comment

Attached: hurtstolive.jpg (600x468, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/UNHB6e5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

things that never happened

I refuse to believe that something that doesn't even do any conditional statements even needs any comments.

>t. writes unreadable autism

I had a professor that deducted points for using different variable names than he intended

Stop being autistic abd tell your teacher the autograder is a shit

Attached: 1529872370506.jpg (544x679, 47K)

it just checks for the word if.

Attached: ifNotAllowed.png (771x391, 30K)

really? what kind of third world autism is this?
an "if" in a comment is not an "if statement", its not a statement at all. obviously the autograder is wrong.

Why your prof hates if statements? Is he a fortran monkey or what

Amazing.
Can you appeal or resubmit?

goto > if

Do it with switch statements for the lulz

Yeah, I fixed it and turned it back in, it also happens for the words for and while.

The professor also skims over our code, so it wouldn't have even been a huge problem anyway. Just annoying.

Reminds me of my intro to CS class
>first day intro to CS
>only one in class not majoring in CS or Math
>Also only one who knows anything about programming.
>"The CPU is the 'brain' of the computer"
>Finish first day exercises in like 2 minutes, everyone else struggling
>dropped the class after the first day

Where do you live, goys

Burgerland.

Which uni, goy?

This

I had a professor do the same for putting code inside constructors instead of writing an init() method and calling it inside the constructor

About to go back to finish my degree. This is what I'm afraid of. I do not want to waste my time going through all that mudaneity, but it's required.

>don't use arrays, we haven't learned them yet!!!
why do schools assume students are coming in with zero background knowledge? just skip ahead so most people can learn something they don't know

I was a TA who graded intro programming/data structures assignments + exams and it's because you have to demonstrate your knowledge of both the fundamentals and the advanced concepts. For example I loved marking down people for using ArrayLists when the concept wasn't taught yet and the class is just barely learning primitive arrays.

It's like taking a class or something on how to shoot a gun, and when it comes time to demonstrate that you know how to use iron sights you pull out a scope and then bitch when the instructors tells you that's not the lesson

> has experience
> mocks people who don't have experience

I'm not saying the people in your classes are smart, but it's their first exposure to CS so...

Tell to professor to go and fuck himself. Or just tell him to come here, I'll tell him myself.

>asking me to dox myself
Lehmayo

>hey prof check out this link i got a guy here that wants to tell you something

Post assignment

How many semesters into your CS degree did you realize you've made a big mistake?
>3 weeks into mandatory "systems programming" course
>couldn't test out of it
>It's an intro to c++ course
>haven't even covered loops yet
>professor points out that using features not covered in class yet will receive a zero because "it means you copy pasted from the internet"

If you already know how to code then why are you going to school. Go get a job you retard

I remember getting a 0 (zero) because I used recursion on my first test on college.
>You can't use recursion. we have not taught the class this yet
Not my fault I'm a vir/g/in programmer

Sounds like an intro to programming course using c++ and not an intro to c++ course. Big difference. My intro to C++ course was into OOP, and templates by the 3rd week.

He doesn't. He knows how to do fizzbuzz, write a loop, some basic logic. He's gonna flame out spectacularly when he's actually challenged thanks to his cocky attitude, like he's some fucking genius for being ahead of programming 101.

>>class is moving at a snails pace
Welcome to CS. Switch majors now if you want to learn something in university.

The fix for this is to teach at least the first intro comp sci class in Scheme with SICP. That way no one knows what the fuck they're doing at first.

This is what my university does, and it becomes apparent pretty quickly who's smart enough to pick up the new concepts, and who's just a Java shitter.

>paying for a class on something you already know

>already know basic programming
So why can't you just skip ahead? Is modern education really like this?

Youngfags get off my board

Attached: 2303-1532336922.jpg (640x357, 40K)

Higher education is a scam and you can't even test out of most classes unless it's something rigorous and standardized like math

>He knows how to do fizzbuzz, write a loop, some basic logic
That's all you learn in CS.

Dude, it's a first semester class. You're probably writing a calculator or something.

In the real world, basic methods don't need comments. Sure, complex stuff, but you don't even have conditionals or loops?

Maybe at your dogshit school.

probably just enforcing a learning path for his students.

I won't comment on how retarded it is to make fun of others for leaning, but why in an intro CS class are you discussing hardware lol

The amount of new-grads or interns I've seen coming into industry with faulty assumptions and knowledge of how to use even basic things like arrays astounds me.

What do you do in your school?

I have my degree but some of the things we did

design basic 8-bit computer on fpga, program microcontrollers, replace join algorithm in a DBMS, write a disk paging algorithm,

Make a comparison function that takes two numbers a and b and returns the larger of a and b without using if or the ternary operator

oh and you are also not allowed , == etc.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

> the autograder

For once, you Millennials have my sympathy.

No, you're supposed to realize I was right when I said a decent CS school has you doing more than programming 101.

That mentality is exactly why US education is near the bottom of the developed world. You guys level things from the bottom to such an extreme intent so "diverse" students can keep up, that you kill the spirit of anyone who's not brain damaged. Your professors are so fucking lazy and entitled that even with its 6 digits salary it can't be bothered to give special assignments to someone who's CLEARLY more advanced than the rest.

Not really.

>paying for school

burger logic

>no argument
lol ok

>Tax funding people's PhDs on Romantic Comedies

Eussro logic

Attached: 1548359559775.jpg (750x778, 289K)

int comp(int a, int b){
while(a/b) return a;
return b;
}

>design basic 8-bit computer on fpga,
some basic logic
>program microcontrollers,
some basic logic
>replace join algorithm in a DBMS,
some basic logic
>write a disk paging algorithm
some basic logic

Oh, you're autistic. Obviously all programs are basic logic at their core. I'm clearly talking about applying that logic to something greater than FizzBuzz. Get laid yet, user?

Do you go to a school with 10 people?

Recursion doesn't belong in production code.

>system programming in C++

That's new. Shitty schools usually do that in an intro to OOP course. System programming is what they pretend their intro to C is.

Attached: typical cs degree.png (574x839, 55K)

>its
>it

say "his" and "he", you fuckwit

Not an argument

OP here, pls no bully me, I'm learning.
pastebin.com/UNHB6e5M

>Java

unironically kill yourself

This program will calculate the weight of an object on every planet in our solar system, Pluto

Pluto is a plant. Nobody cares what bsm says.

Retards are not people.

>Autograder does not correctly implement a parser and checks the parsed tree for language constructs that are "banned"

Sad shit. Literally pathetic even. Call your instructor a fucking retarded cuck loser for using this shit or forcing it on his students.

This is retarded, and you're a retard.if you believe literally anything you just said. Jesus fucking Christ this is what cs education is to some Americans?

I remember hearing a story from someone forced to use this JavaScript evaluator that would limit what language constructs you could use and he ended up implementing lambda calc to implement an array object just to btfo the evaluator.

>Pluto is a plant

Based, science fags btfo.

Pluto was literally never a planet. It was proposed for planet x, but planet x theory was disproven a long time ago.

so they're running your code through some dumb as rocks regex, without any context or semantics. tell them you'll rewrite their assignment lexer and parser, since you are craving a more gnarliery challenge desu.

does it check for \b(if) or just (if)

HOW DID YOU KNOW ?!