I will install arch linux as the main OS

I have decided, I will install ARCH LINUX on my only computer, if something bad happens everything will be over.

in case everything has gone correctly, what advice do you give me to maintain system? what should I be careful about?

Attached: 43t4tgg34364.png (2560x1440, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave
forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-i3-18-0-finally-released/66674
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nvm figured it out

arch is garbage please use something else that comes without a fucking fridge extension or systemd like devuan

Attached: unknown.png (506x298, 116K)

>what should I be careful about?
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave
congrats, you know more than most arch "users"

sounds like b8 but...
If this is your first arch system, my advice is to not have any care, see what goes wrong
In my experience you can read a lot but it isn't the same as trying it out see what goes wrong and understanding why did it go wrong is much better than just reading or hearing about problems and solutions
If you think you have the time to understand it cool and highly advise it, if you think that it's inconvenient i would suggest using another distribution like mint or any other debian based system, or even use a debian system and virtualize a arch system so that when your computer has to work and suddenly doesn't at least it's just a vm...
At first search any problems you have, if none have been posted post it on the archlinux forum's
I get your h8 with systemd but if arch was the wanted distro void would be more in line given that it is like arch a rolling distro
More like antegos and manjaro users but yeah good advice

1.some updates require manual intervention. posted on the front page archlinux.org.
2.stay on top of you're pacnew files. If you edit conf files, pacman WILL NOT overwrite them. pacman creates a pacnew file alongside and it's up to you to merge in updated parts. Meld is a nice gui solution if you're uncomfortable with vimdiff or whatever.

Devuan has a ton of shit left over from systemd. Use slackware, the only sane systemd-less distro

The systemd derp on this board.

Attached: 1506879657883.gif (271x336, 1.13M)

Yikes. Don't use Arch. Use Manjaro i3.

forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-i3-18-0-finally-released/66674

Sorry, I can't hear you... Are you using pulseaudio to talk to me?

Sorry If you can’t hear me over the sounds of me fucking your mother.

>in case everything has gone correctly
it won't
>what advice do you give me to maintain system?
install debian
>what should I be careful about?
falling for Jow Forums memes

get good at manjaro first, once you're skilled at that, then go to arch. just like ubuntu users evolve into debian users, so to do manjaro users evolve into arch users.

lol even the maker of linux (linus tech tips) doesnt use linux himself, its so bad and ur considering it as main os

>what advice do you give me to maintain system? what should I be careful about?
Don't install updates unless you want to spend a few days to fix everything again

Attached: Arch does not amek you smarterer about Lunix.png (1880x177, 65K)

Attached: Arch is a meme.png (1880x198, 39K)

Name one bad thing systemd has ever done to you, without linking to some random article complaining about it.

Attached: stop job.jpg (300x200, 12K)

Hangs on shutdown for absurd amounts of time

Good, I would like to give my stop jobs adequate time to finish rather than terminating prematurely. Just walk away from the computer and go on with your day. Don't have to sit and stare at it.

lmao at all the seething Arch haters ITT.
Based Arch and based OP.

Attached: 78C9DD5E-CC5C-4A05-BAB1-C59881D9441D.jpg (1200x1200, 281K)

>I have decided, I will install ARCH LINUX on my only computer,
Thanks for the heads-up OP

make an extra partition and do daily/weekly backups with backintime

>use arch for over 1.5 year as daily driver
>finished uni on it, shipped one indie game on it
>learned a whole lot about my machine and what makes linux tick (for better or worse)

idk man it works for me

don't blame arch if you listen to this user

>all these arch haters itt
Jow Forums taught me debian spergs are cancer also debian's a shit ---> NEVER trust it will work ALWAYS use a live desktop