You know the drill

you know the drill

Attached: 1546235273142.jpg (780x799, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Operator_Precedence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

? is undefined

wan

6/212

I want to lick her feet

god i wish that were me

>6/2(1+2)
>6/2(3)
>6/2*3
>3*3
>9

multiplication happens before division.

retards, you do brackets first the division then multiplication

look it up on google, im correct

youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ

Attached: bang.jpg (785x785, 305K)

left to right

multiplication happens before division.

>underage b& b8 containment thread
good idea OP

(6/1) * (1/2) * (3/1) = 18/2 = 9

juan

two sides of the same coin, same priority, left to right

Based and mathpilled

Cringe and retardedpilled

The one and only answer is 1.

ghci says 9

6/2*(1+2)
6/2*3
3*3
bitch

Haskell is a trash language, no one cares about it's output.

Attached: original-1939328-1.jpg (350x270, 43K)

pemdas

If you follow pemdas it's 1 you mongoloid.

>it's another order of operations thread
Both answers are technically correct depending on what order you think is standard.
The question is written in an ambiguous way. This is why the division symbol is cancer and should be replaced by fractions.
Note how in the pic, if the problem was written as any of these two we wouldn't have these threads, we wouldn't have the thousands of fucking posts about this one stupid thing god dammit.

Attached: that OoO spampost.png (763x952, 27K)

Parenthesis are implicit in that case, try to replace the division

No, because the divisor doesn't divide the equation in terms

In that case the division is a fraction else we lack information to solve this, cause it's the whole point and I'm posting in a troll thread

(not true, by the way)

Attached: Screenshot_20190126-184633.png (1440x2880, 94K)

multiplication and addition are the same thing.
division ans subtraction are the same thing.

if you reverse the order of (pemdas)M/D you'd have to reverse the A/S order.

>pedmas

Attached: 1524862638908.jpg (688x671, 119K)

Post result and your OS
I'll start

Attached: baka.png (371x189, 36K)

you all failed 2nd grade?

Attached: math.png (734x319, 7K)

You wouldn't need to do any of this if the problem was written in a way that it can be properly solved out of order.
pedmas, pemdas, bedmas, all kinds of shit has been purported as the one true way(TM) depending on what decade you went to fifth grade.

what the fuck bros

Attached: 1544434062632.png (378x392, 10K)

op is a faggot

Gentoo

Calculators treat this as (6/2)(1+2)

As do humans

Attached: facebookmeme.jpg (612x612, 48K)

shut up boomer

>Divides then multiplies
That's not pemdas, buddy.

daily reminder that multiplication and division are the same thing. there's not ambiguity in this problem.

Did you zoomers invent some special fortnite math or something?

I have no idea if this average Jow Forums user is this retarded or if this is trolls trolling trolls

>you know the drill
Reply to bait threads, I can't help myself.

Go here an learn. There's even a code window you can try it out yourself, and see what happens.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Operator_Precedence

That's right

Attached: 1548142347770.jpg (762x644, 110K)

Math is the machines job not mine

Attached: OUCH.png (800x458, 307K)

see
friendo

>inb4 bitter incels fall for this bait

Well shit, math now allows multiple answers. I'm impressed.

That graph is shit, pemdas gives you 1.

>Moz://a
>Javascript
wew

Attached: wew.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

6 / 2 * 3 ? That's a weak math bait.

Multiplication and division have equal priority and goes left to right

It does
That's the reason why order of operations is a thing. Avoiding these disputes is the entire purpose.

Stop baiting retards with the same recycled thread for the millionth time. WE FUCKING GET IT, THIS SYSTEM OF ADDING UP NUMBERS IS DUMB WHEN THERE IS NO REAL-WORLD CONTEXT TO MAKE LOGICAL SENSE OUT OF IT

If I see this thread again, I'm getting you a 30 day ban

Please Excuse My Dope Ass Swag

I don't know what kind of weird zoomer science you would need to do to get any answer other than 1.

Une

I prefer the 20 > 30 one

>dat fucking projection
IT support for burgerland schools sure is something else.

yikes

Based Kurisuposter.

this is wrong but I can't disprove it

Use Pemdas to disprove it
>multiplication before division
>6/2(3)
>6/6
>1

MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION HOLD THE SAME PRECEDENCE YOU DUMB NIGGERS

why do you come to Jow Forums? you fucking brainlet

>multiplication comes before division
>division is just multiplication
>subtraction is just addition
fucking brainlets

>walk into thread
>lmao pemdas [in this specific, unpaired order] bruh
half of these posts better be bait I'm not even gonna fucking give out (you)s
>180 moonwalk out

Attached: fuck this thread.gif (498x280, 3.11M)

i know that it grugs arent good at math. but c'mon now. you lot better invest in higher tier programming socks.

>6/2(1+2)
>6/2*3
>6*2-1*3
>3*3
>9

Fuck you kurisu and fuck you op

>6*2-1*3
6*2^(-1)*3

(6/2)(1+2)=9
6/2(1+2)=1

End.

Multiplication and division have the same hierarchy retard. See

pemdas is pointless because this is a notation problem rather than a simple math problem as it leaves at users' interpretation if (1+2)/1 or 1/(1+2)
Also OP is homosexual

its literally just fucking 9

PEMDAS is a convention (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations, check edit history because cunts will meme) and your expression is ambiguous and there's several possible things it could evaluate to, unless you're claiming that not adhering to an arbitrary convention is mathematically not correct.

First user to tell me the right answer of this to within the nearest integer gets Jow Forums cum brownies.

Attached: Troll Math 2.png (395x67, 6K)

>depending on what order you think is standard
This interpretation is wrong, because it implies there is more than one correct standard. In the picture you have posted, the bottom format is not a correct way to parse the problem. To divide by the entire right hand side, it would need to be inside parentheses.

>This interpretation is wrong, because it implies there is more than one correct standard
There is. PEMDAS is a convention. You can still do math with literally any other convention and get correct results building up to current cutting-edge mathematics from first principles, the only problem would be a language barrier if trying to share results with someone who either doesn't know what your conventions are (easily solvable by simply explaining them) or who refuses to use any but his/the one he considers "correct."

>your expression is ambiguous and there's several possible things it could evaluate to
There is only one possible thing it could evaluate to if using PEMDAS.

. BEDMAS
. Sequence of multiplications/divisions are left-associative (free reminder that / := *^-1 )
. Sequence of exponentiations are right-associative.

6/2(1+2)
6/2*3
6*(2^-1)*3
3*3

>You can still do math with literally any other convention
Well of course you can, but the standard expected convention is PEMDAS. Technically speaking, I could be posting in an alien language right now, but you're going to interpret as English anyways because that's the standard on this board, correct?

best answer desu

You're an idiot

>amerimuttrican education

Fucking idiot. Multiplication and division are the same operation. Same with addition and subtraction. Division is multiplying by the reciprocal and subtraction is adding the negative. Just because both are inverse operations doesnt mean they are the same operation. Sheeeeesh

You're an idiot
You're an idiot

When did OP say anything about PEMDAS though? The faggots who used a different order but otherwise did proper arithmetic ("6/2 = 2" is obviously false) didn't really give an incorrect answer as much as OP failed to give proper context to be able to evaluate his expression unambiguously (unless he's expecting us to suppose specific things arbitrarily, which is just a crapshoot at that point).

Wrong, you're just too stupid to know pemdas

Wrong