Can you become rich with a mechatronics degree

Is mechatronics and robotics a meme degree or will it help me work at silicon valley or seattle or boston dynamics or some shit?

Attached: 43241127_138802473753390_2844670915167371897_n.jpg (364x364, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bcit.ca/study/programs/7340diplt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. The one guy I know who did mechatronics ended up going back to school and became an accountant.

>sample size n=1
awesome

Based Bugenhagen

i have a mechatronics degree

couldn't find a job

went back for comp sci

got a job and got fired

currently unemployed

with two bachelors' degrees

>reddit spacing
you need to go back

you need

to succ

my feminine penis

faggot

getting a specialized undergrad degree is a horrible idea so you should just take mech eng and take mechatronics electives

silicon valley or seattle? just get a cs degree at a school that inflates gpa or has a co-op program

what do you think of this: bcit.ca/study/programs/7340diplt

Dont be stupid

Take ME if you like robots or EE if you like more the electronics/AI part

is this good?
bcit.ca/study/programs/7340diplt

Go work for either a Fire safety place checking alarms and shit or go work for a elevator repair company

Have it ever cross yo thought that people without a degree could also get rich?

>Go work for either a Fire safety place checking alarms

don't you need to do a 4 year apprenticeship and a loicense before into fire alarm suppression systems?

>Have it ever cross yo thought that people without a degree could also get rich?

I know a contractor who does low voltage A/V installs and makes a shit ton of money, not even including his service contracts which are guaranteed monthly income

start engineering robot wives

dont waste your time at BCIT

just do cc and go to ubc, uoft, mcgill, waterloo (if you want to guarantee a job somewhere int he states) in canada. i think all of them have mechanical engineering degrees with mechatronics options which just means all your electives will be in mechatronics during your senior years

canadian uni systems sucks btw have fun getting your gpa deflated into oblivion while us schools give everyone 4.0 for just showing up

probably a better idea to just accept the debt and go to shcool in america and get a real job

It can make you rich, yes, but you do it by building yourself an huge army of robots, then you build 8 robot masters to control this army, but you make em have weaknesses to each other in case someone hijacks one of your robot masters.
Then you take over the world, and that gets you rich.
Also just in case people chase you, make yourself a nice fortress, preferably with a skull shape somewhere to show you mean business.

Yeah just apply for the apprenticeship, they normally pay you to go to school as well for it, you're mechatronics shit will help you understand the stuff you'll need to do and get you into that spot because they know you have a similar aptitude.

ubc is trash though while bcit's coop is somewhat decent. All grads I know for ubc ended up working for TD bank and they were all from comp sci or engineering backgrounds

You're right about waterloo though. Its famous for comp sci and half the students there do end up going to SV. I'm curious to why you don't like BCIT though

Wtf you can get fired for being a shitty programmer? I thought this was against company rules

BCIT is an unranked community college "degree" mill

yeah ubc is a gook party school but at least its an actual school

hate to break it to you but even with an engineering degree from a canadian school its slim to none you will be hired in america in a real engineering position, maybe if you did waterloo cs with co-op but unlikely for anything else

Is mechatronics a meme degree? Also, how do I even into working on fancy industrial equipment?

T. Electrician by trade.

UBC doesn't have any recognition outside of Canada though

Also what major besides cs would allow me to work in the US. BCIT does give out bachelors for mechanical engineering btw

To add onto this, does that mean I'm fucked? I don't have the funds to go to Waterloo so UBC and BCIT are my only options. Is it over for me? I heard that civil engineering is good at bcit though

really no school outside usa aside from oxford and cambridge has rep anyhwere

america controls everything

go to ubc over bcit but if you get waterloo co-op you will make enough to get by so dont give up

No, get a mechanical engineering degree, learn mechatronics on the side if you really like it.

Just do whichever engineering discipline seems the most interesting, you're not making robots in your first job, anyway.

CONSUME THE RAW HONEYYYYYYY

At this time, it is a meme degree, yes. Mechatronics is mostly specific to factories and other industrial settings where the they'll be hiring electrical engineers for electrical systems and mechanical engineers for mechanical systems with little overlap. The overlap between the two worlds typically occurs and the technician level where you'll often see machine maintainers be electromechanical technicians (dual trade). That is not always the case though.

If you want to work on industrial equipment, you should look into taking an electromechanical technician course or industrial electrician course. Familiarity with PLCs, motor control centers, DC drives, variable frequency drives, and SCADA systems would be an asset.

Meme degree. It's for industrial processes and they won't hire you there, either. Like I said, mechatronics is relevant on the technician level, not the engineering level, unless you get both a mechanical and electrical engineering degree.

However, I'm in my final semester of a two year electrical technologies program with a focus on industrial systems, taking an intro to mechatronics course as an elective and I got scouted by my local municipal water utility and offered a work term that's almost certain to lead to a job and they didn't even interview me. There are jobs if you're competent and learn the right things.

>mechatronics

any engineering degree is useful. mechatronics is an emerging field. You can get a job almost anywhere if you're good. Doubtful you'll get into boston dynamic unless you went to MIT, but even if you can't get into robotics you can fall back on doing basic engineering money jobs like HVAC designs.

Do what you love.

bullshit

things that never happened

true, just do electronics undergrad

my buddy is making six figured right now installing security net cams

>things that never happened
Why is that unbelievable? He's obviously one of those sperglords who thinks that he can act like a dickbag because he's smart. You meet tons of them in STEM.

>rep
>meaning anything
It's all about who your professors worked with in the past, and how much you brown-nose them.

perhaps for grad school applications but your professors are irrelevant when applying to the job market normally

Why not just do mech E or EE?

Ok, so does school rep matter or not? I heard for CS it's irrelevant unless you want to go to grad school

Employers don't care where you got your honours degree if you have a masters in a field relevant to them.

And universities generally aren't picky about who they take on for a masters, because you're barely using any resources most of the time. 90% of your engagement is with other grad students, the rest is babysitting.

It's a meme degree and isn't specialized enough. I recommend electrical with a CS minor. A lot of the stuff you learn in mechatronics won't be useful unless you specifically work at a robotics corp. Most of the mechanics / material science you learn is useless, unlike CS and circuit analysis / power stuff which you'll use a LOT of. Do a fuckton of CAD projects in your free time and you'll have all the mechanical expertise people need.

You can only become rich by owning your own business.

If you're good at your job then you can make however much you want. This applies to anything