Jow Forums is full of FUD and bullshit recently...

Jow Forums is full of FUD and bullshit recently, so here's a friendly little reminder that Firefox (and most forks thereof) gives you the most control over your privacy and security, and that *all* 'spyware' in it can easily be disabled, and that all the spyware in Brave and especially anything Chrome/Chromium-based *cannot* be disabled... Being too lazy to take five minutes to configure your browser properly is not an excuse. Stop being sheep led into the lion's den.
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
privacytools.io/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Firefox#SSL.2FTLS_Security_Enhancements
gist.github.com/0XDE57/fbd302cef7693e62c769

Attached: 1523200795599.png (512x250, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wg9s.com/comm-253/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html
github.com/intika/Librefox/
blog.mozilla.org/press-uk/2017/10/06/testing-cliqz-in-firefox/
extremetech.com/computing/178587-firefox-is-still-the-least-secure-web-browser-falls-to-four-zero-day-exploits-at-pwn2own
gizmodo.com.au/2017/12/mozilla-slipped-a-mr-robot-promo-plugin-into-firefox-and-users-are-pissed/
privacytools.io/
github.com/intika/Librefox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>OP talks about browsers
>OP isn't retarded

Wow
Never thought that this could happen

the problem is that you can't just configure Firefox one time; the evil Moz://a corp adds new spyware after every update, and they have backdoors to silently install "experiments" on your machine

Case in point. More bullshit.

the one thing that concerns me about firefox is that it might not be around anymore in a few years if mozilla keeps on being rarted

Jow Forums likes drama. Nothing new.

hey, you SJW shill

1) stop lying

2) build a browser that actually implements standards correctly

FFS your own documentation is ahead of your implementation.

Attached: firefox.png (1366x768, 79K)

werks on my machine, and how am I lying exactly
>using SJW tactics to insult someone by branding them as an SJW
>basically 'hitler breathed air too so you should kill urself'
All tech companies are SJW's, you gonna boycott them all? All anyone should give a shit about is the product, and I'll gladly use a slightly inferior performing product if that means not handing over my entire digital life to megacorps.

>trusting authoritarian sjw faggots with privacy
>browser literally phones home to half a dozen companies and broadcasts every url you visit.

Fucking moron, just use Google Chrome, at least they don't shill some random french video chat program and some aids infested bookmark managing startup.

>just use Google Chrome

Attached: 1548088798078.jpg (378x245, 21K)

its not even bait at this point

Fucking aids.

Pocket is aids.

Attached: wew.png (1036x503, 209K)

Can stick this in your hosts file if you're that fucking paranoid AFTER having demonstrably disabled all phone-home features:
0.0.0.0 tiles.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 experiments.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 telemetry.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 telemetry-experiment.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 search.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 shavar.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 onyx_tiles.stage.mozaws.net
0.0.0.0 crash-stats.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 fhr.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 blocked.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 tbpl.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 shavar.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 detectportal.firefox.com

Hell of a lot shorter than Google's list, I can tell ya that.

>broadcasts every url
>phones home to half a dozen companies

I mean even if people would say this against closed source software it would be ridiculous as you can sniff traffic in 1 minute.

But Firefox is open source you literally can look what happens and what not.

If you are a paid actor (probably an Indian Brave shill) then ok But if you legitimately think so then you should really use Chrome like you said.

Fyi I.compile all.software myself check sources of sensitive software (like Browsers) and regularly sniff traffic.

Firefox once setup properly does not send any data to anyone (not even Mozilla themselves) also Mozilla does not give anyone any link.

Also by using any Browser besides Firefox you give your entire browsing history to Google and countless other advertisers and CDNs anyway so yea. But nice try Indian Brave shill.

And Google's suggested articles for a direct comparison.

Note the lack of credit card ads and a stupid fucking GQ article equating phones to cigarettes. Oh shit don't forget to fucking drink water.

Attached: wew.png (748x905, 204K)

Shut the fuck up Rajeesh Aman Suhkcum you can't even speak english properly.

wow
that was hard
basically shot my whole day now i don't have time to browse the web
>using the home page
>not about:blank
>in any browser

Attached: 1541849718618.png (765x27, 2K)

>what is turning things off
if you actually use those suggested articles panes youre honestly worse than brave shills

You never had to turn off bundled malware when Eich was still at Mozilla.

Fucking cucks.

Better than Google news or Bing news, if we're talking about news aggregators embedded into software where they don't belong.

Your point being?
Welcome to the new web.

To be fair, he did invent JavaScript, which is a form of malware.

last i used brave you couldnt even turn off automatic updates from the settings menu, what exactly is your point

You don't get points because you are pointless.

Attached: morloks.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

>We are free, we are interested in privacy, we are intellectually superior and that is why we choose BRAVE + OPENSOLARIS

In 2019, what type of self-loathing sad person uses Firefox, knowing what we know about Mozilla?

In 2019, what type of self-loathing sad person uses Chrome/Chromium or any browser based on them, knowing what we know about Google?

In 2019, what type of self-loathing sad person uses internet, knowing what we know about all companies that want our personal information

>being this mad

while i use ungoogled chromium, ill give mozilla credit where credit is due: you can actually turn off telemetry without needing to fork. with that said, their insistence to work against blink while still following an api as lame as webextensions is almost certainly gonna be their downfall.

the problem with the chromium family is that all of the forks are either too small and unintrusive to make a difference (see: ungoogled chromium), have some wacky catch 22 that reduces them to mere "lesser evil" status (see: vivaldi and brave), or come bundled with some wacky hyperbloated widget ui (see: qtwebengine).

>muh sjws
Brave shill detected

The disgust Firefox's users feel for Mozilla is probably similar to that of Catholic parents when they find out their kid wants to start hormone therapy.

goygle's pajeets are working after-hours to shill chrome, I see

I use GNU IceCat. I would never touch Firefox before the malware is removed.

If I still for brave, do I get free bravecoins?

How's SeaMonkey?

addon support is gonna completely die once ff57 meme gobbles it up, but there's still wg9s.com/comm-253/ which has seamonkey 52.9.0 with applicable web standard improvements from waterfox

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html (must follow 100 step de-malware process)

spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html (uncheck 1 box in settings)

isnt iridium like, dead

Aren't you like totally like a like faggot or like for sure, you know, like.

Firefox is malware, the Mozilla community is toxic.

>100 step de-malware process
Or just use a premade user.js and maybe add a few lines to hosts.
Mozilla themselves are often "toxic"and their product is poor, but it's still better than the alternatives.

im well aware that firefox is autistic, but why iridium when ungoogled chromium is still actively mantained? its just a strange choice

That's not all you have to do if you don't want to be spied on because Firefox is spyware. There are much better alternatives to the firefox malware browser. Why would you even recommend that people install spyware like Firefox unless you have ulterior motives.

It was on the webpage op posted, its a easy way to prove they're a idiot.

>That's not all you have to do
What else? Give some examples.
>There are much better alternatives to the firefox malware browser
I wouldn't say so. Remember: the internet much is better than your browser.

oh yeah i completely forgot ugchromium doesnt come with a mitigation guide on that website i feel retarded now ._.
its not even bait at this point

>Give some examples.
Clicky clicky one of the many link it the thread, mrs. I'm-playing-dumb.

Firefox spy's on you because Firefox is malware and your enjoyment of malware is your own incompetence.

Because ungoogled chromium doesn't need a mitigation guide, unlike Firefox that requires a de-malware guide.

user there are no anti-firefox *links* in this thread theres like one image of webgl being autistic and another of pocket being gay (both of which you can turn off) what do you even mean
worst bait ever
desu this

It CAN be de-malware'd though, unlike certain other browsers, that's the point...

I'm not gonna refer to a site that literally equates a togglable check for updates as spyware. Give me solid examples where, after installing a user.js like pyllyukko's, Firefox still sends unprompted packets of telemetry that have been detected (sniffed). Alternatively, show that this occurs by pointing it out in its source code.

Trying to get IceCat properly set up like my Firefox, this is even more of a pain in the ass...

The point is Firefox is malware and people are recommending malware when non-malware alternatives exist? These sound like horrible people that only care about their secret motives when trying to trick you into installing Firefox malware.

>Firefox shilling still exists when UGC exists

What are these non-malware browsers that normal people can use ?

>now that's a lotta brain damage
It's not spyware ... if you disABLE the spyware...
Which is not hard to do...
You followin' me here, buddy? You okay?
Who are we talking about "recommending" to here? Normies, or more tech-minded people on Jow Forums?
Even then, who do you think any normie that gives half a shit about their privacy would rather give their data to, Mozilla, or fucking Google?

Attached: 1519967327405.png (498x394, 133K)

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

All of which you can do or choose not do in Firefox, what's the fucking point?

ublock will stop working on ff and chrome, brave is spyware/adware That site is shit too.

Useless fork.

github.com/intika/Librefox/

Firefox can be configured to have a non-unique fingerprint out of the box and without any addons. You can't say that about any Chrome browser, which is why Chrome browsers are shit. Though it's not the only reason. Ff has a superior UI/UX and engine overall. And at least it has about:config so you can disable anything you dislike without compiling from source, unlike Chrome.

Firefox is malware.
If you install Firefox it spy's on you therefore it is spyware which is a type of malware. Mozilla the toxic malware company that makes the spyware firefox browser has on several occasions ignored the preferences set in the firefox and secretly downloaded and run malware to collect information then delete itself to stay hidden. They secretly spied on the people they promised not to spy on, that's about as sleazy as you can get. Secretly hiding and running code is Trojan "virus" like behavior, thats two types of malware. I like any person who isn't being paid to promote it would never want to install a anti-privacy spyware that has trojan like behavior like the malware Firefox produced by the spyware company Mozilla, its a potentially unwanted program, three types of malware. There's more but I think thats enough for this thread.
Personally, the thought that there's even people in this very thread still promoting such malware as Firefox is a testament to the toxicity of the entire Firefox community.

This is the most autistic thing I've seen today

why are you writing like a schizofrenic znon

>trannyfox shills still at it

blog.mozilla.org/press-uk/2017/10/06/testing-cliqz-in-firefox/

extremetech.com/computing/178587-firefox-is-still-the-least-secure-web-browser-falls-to-four-zero-day-exploits-at-pwn2own

gizmodo.com.au/2017/12/mozilla-slipped-a-mr-robot-promo-plugin-into-firefox-and-users-are-pissed/

Attached: download (3).png (894x894, 206K)

Keep up to date with the ghack-user.js repo. They are usually very quick to find new about:config entries that you should disable.
Also using a custom user.js will prevent updates from silently changing your about:config tweaks.

>Firefox can be configured to have a non-unique fingerprint out of the box and without any addons.
Better say "if" you don't use any addons, cause web-extensions leaks unique uuids and other data to sites rendering any anti-finerprinting attempts useless.

> Ff has a superior UI/UX and engine overall
Nice joke.

>And at least it has about:config so you can disable anything you dislike without compiling from source, unlike Chrome.
About config is cool, i hope you enjoy the new "improved" one that is slower more memory consuming and with less features that will land soon.

>last i used brave you couldnt even turn off automatic updates from the settings menu
That's the plan for firefox, you'll have to use policies to disable updates.

Imagine thinking you can escape the botnet
Jow Forums is full of larpers

>web-extensions leaks unique uuids
False.
>Nice joke.
Call me when literally ANY chrome skin doesn't make a new fucking panel across the entire screen whenever you download something, and when chrome settings aren't an endlessly scrolling pile of unorganized shit.

>replying to tripfags
user... With such an ancient meme I thought you would know.

Sorry, I'm a straight white male and I dislike homos, trannies and other degenerates.
Ungoogled chromiun is my browser of choice.

It's time for you to lurk more.

Attached: Goolag.jpg (479x479, 29K)

"Ungoogled"
It's time for you to work on your reading comprehension skills.

if they only could make a browser that actually werks it would be dandy

It's not about your browser of choice, it's about thinking that Google isn't full homos, trannies and other degenerates. It's as SJW as SJWzilla, or even more, with the addition of Google being the king of Poo2Loos. I'll say it again, lurk more.

i'm glad firefox cares so much about my privacy that it only uses fourteen different kinds of tracking

>ungoogled
>UN-googled
>no google

Attached: ungoogled.jpg (480x375, 27K)

>It's not about your browser of choice

The clear lies makes me ignore everything you say. How bad has firefox become that this type of advertising is necessary?

Trying to paint them as crazy because the product you're shilling can easily be identified as a type of malware (spyware) is proving their point about the toxic nature of those involved with firefox and mozilla. Willingness to deceive users and then discredit them is a bad sign.

hello friendos,

I labeled you SJW shills because you put diversity inside your fucking company in front of the product you're actually supposed to be selling

that's why you're an sjw shill, trying to sell (shill) garbage to us claiming it's superior while it's absolute shit

because you wasted all your money on diversity.

so kindly fuck off.

That doesn't disable it

>privacytools.io/

they recommend Brave.

>no xul support
>furthers lock down the already incredibly limited WE API
Is this Firefox for retards?

What aspect is still enabled?

After reading the thread I'm noticing a lot of claims from the furious anti-FF crowd, but nothing to back up their claims.

I therefore announce the winner of this debate as the pro-FF crowd. Congratulations. You win a thousand internets.

>brave shill: "BRAVE PROTECTS YOU WHILE FIREFOX IS RUN BY SJWS WITH A HIDDEN AGENDA"
>firefox shill: "FIREFOX PROTECTS YOU WHILE BRAVE CONTAINS SPYWARE PUT IN BY DEVS WITH A HIDDEN AGENDA"
these threads are almost as fucking retarded as the cockmonglers that post them

The entire thing is still enabled. It's just hidden.

How much functionality am I going to lose by doing this?

I'll consider switching back to Firefox when I can use umatrix to block shit on Mozilla webpages. I don't care about add-ons not being able to change about: pages but not being able to block trackers on their addon store page is disgusting

> 2019 in the year of our Lord Stallman
> Not using GNU IceCat
If it's good enough for GNU, it's good enough for me

aint 127.0.0.1 better than 0.0.0.0 ?

Most add-on developers host their projects on GitHub, where you can install the extension directly using a provided link not hosted on Mozilla's network.

no because timeouts

How can you test it?

Firefox is going Chromium-based in it's future versions.

>False.

There's a fucking bugzilla ticket open about this issue with no fix, so it's fucking true not matter how much you want to shill.

testing ungoogled-chromium rn
holy shit it's so much faster...

yo, any other google shills not get their paycheck from 2018 yet?

github.com/intika/Librefox
Basically turns your Firefox into an IceCat. Pretty fucking based.

>basically flips a few switches that anyone with half a brain can tune themselves just like every other fork, sans the plethora of autistic extensions needed to cope with librejs
ftfy

[ Citation needed. ]