DevOps

What is a DevOps? What does he do?

Attached: devops.png (608x309, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/overview/what-is-kubernetes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gay shit

As I understand it, it's a sysadmin that tries to make his own job obsolete by automating everything into the cloud.

Programmer + sysadmin usually from India.

you handle all the meta work that comes along with programming.

integrate services, mostly IT prostitution

he use docker

he makes sure the break room always has fresh coffee and bagels

Theres no such thing as a devops, its not a job titel or a role.
Its like a culture that promotes better cooperation between devs and operations people, work together towards CI/CD, config management and find solutions to how they deploy and develop together. Not throw applications over the wall to sysadmins and its their problem then.

If you're doing 'pure' DevOps at your organization, then sure. It'll be developers essentially doing operations stuff too with a heavy focus on automation.

In practice, a lot of companies have a 'DevOps' group that handles a lot of this and tries to be a bridge between developer and operations.

Ye, which isnt the point of devops tho..
I know a lot of companies do it the wrong way, and recruiters think it IS a function and a job title...

You program, you make the config, you administrate and of course you take all the responsibilities and all the blame, all of that for a junior developer salary.

Basically, Dev Ops is about storing node_modules inside a docker image on to run it on kubernetes

think of a unnecessary wrapping in a redundant abstractions as a service

Nothing like that

a JS coder + a Dockerfile writer without any clue about systems

fpbp

Build an automated deployment pipeline with docker, jenkins, aws etc.

an additional title the ceo gives to the biggest sucker in the room for no extra pay so that he can afford that new Tesla. he thinks that the devops guy will replace an entire it department but he will just spend 80 hour weeks desperately trying to get kubernetes working so he can get back to his regular job only to leak all your data and then lose it.

This. It's a worthless title. More work for the same pay, 80% of your time you're busy configuring some shit instead of programming.

Meaningless meme buzzword

DevOps is a fags

I have yet to hear a definition that wasn't of the form
>buzzword buzzword buzzword

that ugly jew faggot who talks very loudly about his crossfit yoga that tells me to stop using sessions and make my code stateless

glorified helpdesk

>its not a job titel or a role.
In my company they gave all the Devs and Ops guys the job title DevOps Engineer.

It's the latest meme in making people do more for less.

You're thinking GayOps

Attached: 1514508227688.jpg (600x500, 247K)

fuck every comment in this thread is so spot on it's sad. too bad the motherfuckers hiring don't understand this. it's fucking meme land out there.

>make my code stateless

this part is relevant though

an installer guy?

Yes it is you stupid fuck. Type devops into a job site and see

it is a job title, but it's kinda dodgy expecting the average nut to know both admin and dev well so it mostly refers to the overall idea

Go away Jim, you don't know shit about technology

Attached: dmeu_sr0123_1_std.lang.all.gif (600x600, 12K)

tfw 51/100 sysadmin skills, 0/100 coding skills and getting a comfy "devops" job with godlike pay right out of college.
All they had to hear was Linux, Docker, Git. ezpz

Basically the guys that provide infrastructure for your dragon dildo meetup app

When the dildos are so big they run your server out of RAM you ask them to get you another one and put docker on it and shit

What the fuck is kubernetes

My company use it and I understand you can make $$$ by doing it for companies, but I've never figured out what it actually is

Not even regular automata work without internal state.

I have a friend who is a lead developer and DevOps is his hobby. He makes a shit tonne of money, I don't understand why people in this thread are so upset. His title IS developer though.

When you get your inhouse IT monkey to write the company webpage but don't pay him any more

It takes literally 5 minutes of reading the first goddamn link on your choice of search engine

kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/overview/what-is-kubernetes/

Thanks for doing the bitchwork for me :^)

A passive-aggresive fuck that makes your shit worse by having his biases about superior technology. The one I'm dealing with can't even stand the thought of HTTP/2. Oh, and enjoy letting them know of breaking changes for days in advance and still having trouble with THESE people. They haven't even let me know that my server would be running on multiple machines behind a load balancer.

those damn admins! *shakes fist at sky*

>Thanks for doing the bitchwork for me :^)
how do you response to this without sounding mad?

shouldn't have responded in the first place mate, u got dabbed on

Essentially they try to make developers lives easier and have them focus more on coding rather than boring monotonous shit