What's the point?

What's the point?

Attached: 578x4Rj7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(user_interface)#Privacy_controversy
youtu.be/CnvBDXhovkE?t=1m24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you need to ask you probably should stop using it and then subsequently end your suffering by any means

Using ubuntu but not having to say you use ubuntu
Pretending it's arch

>implying I'm using it

>he can't even install manjaro

Attached: 1548403649549.gif (700x704, 295K)

>he can't even install arch
lmaoing @ ur life

same reason you launch a probe to the dark side of the moon. it's all about national pride

The NSA version of Antergos

it was an ARG back in 2007

I don't have time but still want to use pacman.

Quality phones at a competitive price

Attached: svg.png (1904x1912, 19K)

I don't know how to install Nvidia drivers for mah meme video card...
I heard this arch-based distro has a dirver install tool.
There that should fix any problems that would happen now or in the future!

To pretend you use Arch. We have this thread weekly. Stop fucking asking.

Just works without the need for autistic wikis and forum faggotry. Everybody implying people are too stupid to install arch and install this miss the point. People use this because they want to use Arch, but need their system for work instead of fucking with it and acting smug in forums. Arch is a great distro with the worst community.

This. I've use Manjaro as "just works" distro on my desktop for years. If I want to play with Arch, I've got my laptop.

>Just works without the need for autistic wikis and forum faggotry.
Until you don't read the release notes for a random update and everything goes to shit.

hobby
literally

then it got big because DRIVERS and STEAM and ICON THEMES
and then it broke on every major update
and then retards come here and post how arch breaks on every update (it doesn't)

hm made me think, the must be the i use arch btw posters

>Arch is a great distro with the worst community
No. Arch is a horrible distro. The community, albeit also terrible, is the only reason Arch can be considered somewhat functional.
>(it doesn't)
it does

Ubuntu spies on its users.
Manjaro does not.

how can you post something so blatantly wrong

>Ubuntu spies on its users.
it doesnt
Menjaro is a hobby distro

>Helping people is "smug" and "a bad community"

This is why the Arch community wants you Ub00ntu n00bs to fuck off.

>Ubuntu spies on its users.
kek

>it doesnt

They collect user data and sell it to Amazon.
This is how they make money.

Ubuntu is a business, the $$$ bottom line is all that matters and you are the product.

>Menjaro is a hobby distro
Good, so no mega-corporations scanning my data for advertising purposes.

how can you post something so blatantly wrong

>They collect user data and sell it to Amazon.
lol no they don't
>This is how they make money.
lol no it's not
>no mega-corporations scanning my data for advertising purposes
lol only goog and ms do that

>arguing like a kid
>about menjaro
the irony

It only collects data of your hardware, and doesn't sell it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(user_interface)#Privacy_controversy

Did you acctualy read what you posted? Or are you too dumb to even do that?

Not dumb enough to use SpyOS

>None of Ubuntu's official derivatives (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME, etc.) include the feature or any variation of it.

I think you made a mistake with your post image. What I think OP was meant to post was an image of Arch Linux.

it's the best distro out there. seriously, what's the point in running anything else?

Facilitating others still counts.

retard

Manjaro is for people who are too stupid to install Arch
Arch is for people who are too stupid to install Gentoo
Gentoo is for people who are too stupid to install LFS

LFS is for people too stupid to procreate.

Reminder that Archfags use Arch because it doesn't work. This is also the reason why they hate every other distro that actually works without breaking (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo etc)

/thread

Installing Arch or Gentoo isn't hard, just needlessly tedious.

Arch==turd
Manmemeo==turd with pretty gift wrapping.

Attached: archcuck.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

Arch is the only choice if you use recent hardware and manjaro takes the autism out of it.

We're not still in the days where configuring xorg, etc leaves a giant mess of fragile configuration files everywhere. Arch is quite stable now.
t. uses Arch and Ubuntu daily

/thread.

Attached: please upvote my i3 gaps rice.png (688x1430, 165K)

>Arch is quite stable now.

Attached: 1533202302410.jpg (669x696, 78K)

>Arch is for people who are too stupid to install Gentoo
>the install is almost the same
wanna know how i know you don't know what you're pretending to know?

how would you use something if it doesn't work?

Attached: thinking.png (150x150, 6K)

>the install is almost the same
wanna know how i know you don't know what you're pretending to know? gtfo brainlet non-hobbyist
>other distros can't use up to date software
use literally any other distro and you will know that this is objectively false.
>arch is quite stable now
arch isn't a great distro at all. none of the tools it provides are practical or efficient in literally the year of our lord 2019. there's a single repo and package splitting is a joke. meanwhile, the aur is a complete clusterfuck. there is nothing good about arch.

Attached: 1499054869258.gif (500x491, 376K)

It werks for me, having the AUR available is a big plus and pretty much all the software I need is readily available.

It just have to work long enought to take a screenshot and post here

>wanna know how i know you don't know what you're pretending to know? gtfo brainlet non-hobbyist
yeah i do

what nao?

arch breaks less (as in it doesn't) than monjorno which breaks on every update

i think these posts are bait

It breaks after every update
Archfags update every hour because muh fresh packages

interesting
please continue to tell me more about my computer

I don't get all the hate in this thread. Yes the Arch community is elitist, but I enjoy the philosophy of minimal deviation from upstream. I also acknowledge that Arch is not a minimal distro. As for systemdicks, I actually use Artix.
Please accept me

Attached: Untitled.png (1904x1912, 40K)

Noobuntu borked when I tried to update it. Instead of reinstalling, I decided to try out Manjaro. It's worked mostly fine. One update broke mouse sensitivity / acceleration. Another update fixed it couple weeks later. Haven't really had any problems beyond that one.

Since this seems to be yet another distrowars thread, what benefits do Arch and Ubuntu provide for a common user over Manjaro?

>quality phones
By what metric? Dafuq did you use prior to call that low budget garbage quality?

>too smart
ftfy

I don't know if Ubuntu is as stable as Debian is(I doubt it is), especially when upgrading, but still I'd say Ubuntu is far better suited for work and servers than Manjaro could ever be.

I'd just pick Debian stable, if you don't mind old packages and having to compile a couple you need to be newer. The secutiry/vulnerability bugs for debian based distros will always go through debian first

They only collect hardware data. The collect nothing that personally identifies you or your machine, and it is entirely optional. They do not sell it to Amazon; Canonical have drastically reduced their involvement with Amazon, and now only have an Internet link shortcut to Amazon.com on the desktop. This is easily removable and does not require and tinkering with packages.
Ubuntu is an OS that Canonical releases. Canonical make their money from server and tech support services to business that use their products. They may receive promotional money from Amazon, but that is about as far as it goes in that respect.

Ubuntu/Canonical does not scan your data for advertising purposes. However, they will ask for data regarding the hardware upon which the Ubuntu OS was installed, but only if you consent. This is basically the exact same as Debian's popcon, and I have no idea why Ubuntu gets flack and Debian not, when they have the exact same optional feature.

Canonical/Ubuntu don't use Unity any more

Extremely underrated

iPhone X

Thank you, Canonical employee.

I actually use Debian, but thanks I guess.

>low budget garbage
bit strong, quality needs a bump for sure, but, cant argue value, relative the rest of the overpriced shit on the market.

JUST FIXED MY BATTARY
youtu.be/CnvBDXhovkE?t=1m24s
IT FEELS F-CKING GOOD!

babbys first args lennugs :dd

Its PERSONJARO you fuckwad!!

>t.manjaro users

Attached: Screenshot_20190126-083117_Chrome.jpg (1440x1067, 356K)

Every distro which enrages elitists is fine by me.

Doesn't use apt

Attached: 1534082206382.jpg (400x400, 19K)

and thats a good thing

>he doesn't want to spend hours of reading documentation just to install his OS, therefore he's dumb
The absolute state of Archvirgins lmao

>personjaro
>person
>son
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: incredibly_timely_commentary__sjw_marvel_edition_by_stufferoflegends-dboo4uz.jpg (686x1164, 124K)

Get close to the latest stuff if you don't want rpm based distros or debian unstable that is also an easy install

Remember to use backups