youtube.com/watch?v=rqX8PFcOpxA
youtube.com/watch?v=7gsvwqO8czs
youtube.com/watch?v=elaR3WhguVk
youtube.com/watch?v=moUKvLeGtgM
youtube.com/watch?v=VBiUE2d2Lsw
youtube.com/watch?v=znvsmQFbt7I
youtube.com/watch?v=CTXL5Z6EZQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they are desperately trying to make programming seem cool, but it will never be cool.

ni g g e r

Checked. youtube.com/watch?v=UK2000bGHio

Attached: qt.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

youtube.com/watch?v=EFwa5Owp0-k

youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDujYzvbI

Attached: bunk.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Why are these videos always everything *but* programming? Lunch, cycling, and making coffee is not programming. Nor do you just sit for hours on end grinding away at the computer, you have to communicate with people.

D I V E R S I T Y

H
I
R
E

Stop noticing things.
youtube.com/watch?v=8HNJbHtTLdM

Attached: shecute.jpg (1280x720, 357K)

youtube.com/watch?v=EYnbdvGib98

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 35K)

I had no idea, it's almost all women and based black men doing the coding
youtube.com/watch?v=kXpWLv2o7hs

Attached: learn2code.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I hate web developers and front end cunts so much

It's almost as if companies are sponsoring these videos, trying to make programming cool to flood the industry and make developers cheap. Joking about a job market crash for developers literally isn't even a meme anymore. Fuck.

Man half of this video is just her eating

>Nor do you just sit for hours on end grinding away at the computer, you have to communicate with people.
depends on your job? most of my days are just that, grinding away at the computer

Do you think these shitskins can actually program?

Well, it does depend on the methodology your team uses and the (((office layout))).

t. bitter database sysadmin incel

I am mad jealous.

Fuck my retarded scrum shit HURR TEN MEETINGS A DAY and this open office shit. I hate my depressing life.

nice tits

C++ app incel actually

>Work Block
>Work Block 2
lol she just completely glosses over the part where she actually does work

yikes

yall so gdam salty and autistic. They are real programmers but they're vlogging a life in the day of. If you'd want to see code you'd watch livestream code.

Those are covert diversity endorsement ads to show off how progressive and cool their workplace is. That alone should make you want to stay the fuck away from there.

>Wakes up at 8
>Doesn't even get into work until "9:15"
>At least 30 minutes are pissed away before daily standup meeting
>Get less than 2 hours work in before LMAO LUNCHTIME
>Get less than 2 more hours work in before HAHA GOTTA TAKE A NIIIIICE LONG BREAK WITH MY BROS
>Clocks out at fucking 5pm
What a lazy pile of shit. His work day doesnt even start until 10 and he leaves at fucking 5?

I am not salty, numbnuts. I am just saying coding is not cool regardless of what videos like this try to tell you. I say this as a developer, btw

They are at best writing SQL queries all day or doing some dumbfuck javascript frontend work. Every one of these videos screams of the "Lazy LA lifestyle", where you don't show up to work until noon and you leave at 5 or 6. Absolutely nobody doing anything of importance or being paid well would be able to do that, or even want to.

It's not like i or any actual sane person want to meet with your kind anyway.
It can be worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=rqX8PFcOpxA

yeah this is kinda irritating. I am a project lead and I have some people who come in at 8, take a 20min bathroom break, bullshit on their phone, and don't actually get started with anything until 8:30+. From there they spend half their day bullshitting on their phone or on reddit, and then they try to leave early because they see me leave early--I get to leave early because I am the project lead.

Why the headphones?

Look at this so many women and POC are programmers don't you want to also be a programmer so we can lower those damn developer salaries once and for all?

Attached: 5566e42ceab8ea76510b488c-750-520.jpg (750x520, 52K)

Because they all have social anxiety and just can't even

>I get to leave early because I am the project lead.

Attached: 1532790707928.jpg (500x491, 66K)

I would've thought the whole point of vlogging your job is so that you can show people what you do, what your job requires, etc. Instead, they just completely skip over those parts and and show themselves eating or making coffee.

I do get to leave early though. Granted I only leave like a half hour early, but that is still early.

Attached: 1540071852076.jpg (600x383, 155K)

It's clearly an advertisement.
I'm thinking the kind of person who would be appealed to by this portrayal of a job is not someone you'd want to hire.
Even youtube commenters recognize that all they do is eat.

nice dubs

Here's a rebuttal. If you expect people to code 8 hours a day then you're either working with code monkeys (in which case you're right to expect that) or you're fundamentally misunderstanding how work is done. We don't code 8 hours a day, we think, investigate, white board, take breaks, and code. If you try to get someone to solve a problem 8 hours straight without meaningful breaks then you won't get anything done. This isn't a fucking factory, we aren't making widgets.

That seems way too chill for a real job. Maybe he's just a genius so he barely had to work.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gsvwqO8czs

Attached: hottie.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>mac with hackertyper text
fucking amazing

Attached: eozO_DHVVKCGmTAJcx_QKpYtDB7XGPH5bSibLNi6r-s.jpg (700x700, 40K)

Shit man I should get an internship at a place like that somehow. But my resume is so trash. All that really matters is that you're good at coding right? And I can do that np

>work IT for a CM firm
>literally spend the whole day begging for other peoples admin work.
>Learning CM and PE through osmosis
>I still do more work than the coding guy in the intro because I can't stand doing nothing at work.

This is just companies upset at the high premiums that skilled software developers require. They encourage more people to be software developers so they can turn it into the next blue-collar profession. Then they can keep their lot of underpaid and overworked software developers in their open offices. Remember, the ultimate goal of any company is to make sure that you're easily replaced and as underpaid as possible.

Attached: 1476065744393.jpg (738x640, 51K)

Yet another instance of the 'fake it until you make it' mentality. If there is a heaven and hell, everybody in Silicon Valley is going to hell.

Do like this chick youtube.com/watch?v=elaR3WhguVk

Take the HR to Coding pipeline youtube.com/watch?v=moUKvLeGtgM

Attached: angela.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

what the fuck is this shit?
This is absolutely disgusting. It's from 2014 so I guess I can excuse some of it, but still this is fucking horrific

Attached: sad.jpg (3105x1742, 406K)

They probably couldn't actually have enterprise intellectual property on-screen

They've bought into the diversity meme so much that they're actually biased against white males now. Of course, that doesn't matter because of their "privilege".

Ok angela seems like the only one that actually codes itt
>Faces of computer science
>no lambda calculus or computability proofs etc

fren, half of this code doesn't even work properly.
For example the very first function assigns this._callbacks to the calls variable..Or it assigns this._callback to be an empty object...And then that variable is never used? It's like a fucking retarded -20 IQ if statement that is actually useless either way?

in the second function unbind, they initialise a variable called "calls" (again..) so it's fucking undefined..And then proceed to do a comparison to see if that undefined variable is equal to something ??????????????

Literally what the fuck is that?? This is so retarded I can't even grasp it, it's so absurd.

>you can't expect us to work for 8 hours when we come in to work for 8 hours
I get taking breaks and spending a little time here and there bullshitting, but if you spent 1hr15min making a SoundCloud playlist, and when I do a diff on your changes with the master branch and I see that in 3 days all you did was add 4 lines of css and do a search& replace to rename a couple variables, I am going to call you out.

ITT: Kids mad about people enjoying their sacred hobby. Maybe if you were personable instead of a retarded shut-in with body odor you'd get somewhere. Go listen to some Jordan Peterson or something, take a shower, work on yourself.

Attached: 50830800_2156653927726607_723761023701483520_n.jpg (720x531, 51K)

Half of my day is meetings and reviewing my peers subpar work for bugs. The second half im designing something. I end up doing most of my actual programming at night during allnighters. My boss doesn't know jack squat and just puttses around all day throwing whatever tech buzzword he read about at me.

Fuck off. Trendy coding hipsters really are the worse.

I bet you show this resentment at work with snide remarks and bad attitude. Competition involves more than just your big brain skills in programming you class-cucked code monkey. Personality and networking is key to going anywhere in anything. If you want to survive in capitalism you have to fucking work on yourself as a product. Right now you're still bottom shelf.

Why? How do they effect you? They make you mad? What do they do that effect the material conditions you find yourself in?

Its 95% programming for me. Sometimes a 10-20 minute meeting and thats it. Otherwise its eating, bullshitting and programming

these days, software companies in the bay area care more about your gender and skin color than your skills.

Leads never leave early though

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Everyone of you whiny little bitches are asleep to the idea that these "hipster coders" are ahead of the curve in this one idea:
You are a product. They are marketing themselves better than you can even think to.

>"I can program better than they can"
Not a selling point anymore. Snap out of it or remain in a low end tier one job. In capitalism, the spectacle always wins.

If you want to do cool rewarding work you dont become a programmer. You become an actual engineer. Aeronautical, mechanical, or electrical. But these 0 work ethic faggots dont have the actual smarts for that.

No. They're just ubiquitous fags that suck the fun out of everything with their faggotry. That's how you end up with the juicero.

Its absolutely fine

Normalize coding, normalize computers, normalize the state of human beings which is plugging fucking zeroes and ones into a brainless machine.

unironically this.
at my ex job we daily talks about what we got done last shift, this puts pressure on me to write code so I can say "I've finished X, started Y, still working on Z". Saying "I'm planning out features X, Y, Z etc." without any "coding progress" is frowned upon.

The problem with this is, that there is no real concept of planning, especially when starting a new project. One is expected to start features day 1 that one hasn't even planned yet. I've sometimes programmed shit into the project just so I could say "I finished feature X", when in reality, the design was sub-optimal and I needed a few days time to plan it out, so that it doesn't interfere with feature Y. This also led to the issue of X actually interfering with Y later on, causing me to refactor and rework major parts of it. This is seen as "Ok" because my work is visible, even though from a technical standpoint it's absolute crap and wastes more time than me planning out the features properly and THEN starting to implement it.

I think you can guess why I no longer wanted to work there.

>unironically this
>at my ex job we...
that's why you got fired for slacking off

Autistic game modder here I always hated code monkeys
Have fun being replaced by ai algorithms pajeets and chinks

Because it's pr fluff to attract brainlets into a ever decreasing pool of talent that actually does fucking work.
There's a reason the everything especially the internet is a fucking disastrous monopoly
Developer incompetence.
The code literally writes itself and they still fuck it up

lol die mad about it, half-chan kids

Attached: 1427571909904.jpg (500x259, 47K)

>t. Numale who can't put any effort into anything

T. Codemonkey corporate doormat
We are on half Chan u fucktard unless u meant 2chan?

>t. Pajeet nigger

t. Code monkeys that makes the same stupid CRUD app each and every day

I think there's just more code man

kek I quit my job. your reading comprehension needs improvement:
>I think you can guess why I no longer wanted to work there.

He's a factory worker that thinks you aren't working if you aren't outputting as many widgets as you can in the assembly line. He'll never have reading comprehension.

that's nice but check this out

>Yelled the wagie

I wish there was more work in projects that involve doing actually interesting things like reverse engineering software, I've done a bit of that and I enjoyed it a lot more than any of the shit I've worked on for a paycheck

Sounds a lot like where I am now, we're currently grappling with numerous different problems caused by shortsighted design decisions that were made 10 years ago so the people who fucked up this bad in the first place and sowed the seeds of disaster are all long gone

Story of my life. My boss likes easy wins so I use dirty regex instead of proper ML for our NLP pipeline

>autistic game modder
>hates code monkeys
stop hitting urself user

For every 10 hipster code niggers, there's one real programmer doing all the heavy lifting, this is why this whole fucking charade is still rolling

youtube.com/watch?v=VBiUE2d2Lsw

Attached: msintern.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

These videos are the gayest thing holy shit

Sorry honey, to be a real programmer you have to be born with that autism. Companies are shooting themselves in the foot trying to attract brainlets

youtube.com/watch?v=znvsmQFbt7I

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 12K)

and you're a frail, soft-handed sœyboy who thinks who thinks playing ping pong in the break room and attending diversity meetings counts as 'working'

she gets up at 9am.

Shes not gonna make it bros

I work at an Indian IT firm, there is no diversity here. It's one white man in a room filled with poos

t. brainlet

it's an event dispatcher

What area should we pursue instead?
I don't want to become a blue collar

>For example the very first function assigns this._callbacks to the calls variable..Or it assigns this._callback to be an empty object...And then that variable is never used? It's like a fucking retarded -20 IQ if statement that is actually useless either way?

Calls isn't used; if this._callbacks is null, it sets it to an empty object so that this._callbacks[ev] in the next line is valid. That next line either returns the array associated with that event or it initializes _callbacks[ev] to an empty array AND returns it. That's the payoff here: avoiding layers of nested code for branching logic. The equivalent of

var calls = this._callbacks || (this._callbacks = {});
var list = this._callbacks[ev] || (this._callbacks[ev] = []);
list.push(callback);
return this;

in old js is:

if (!this._callbacks) {
this._callbacks = {};
}
if (!this._callbacks[ev]) {
this._callbacks[ev] = [];
}
this._callbacks[ev].push(callback};
return this;

of course, in ES6 you could do something like:

((this._callbacks = this._callbacks ?? {})[ev] = this_callbacks[ev] ?? [])
.push(callback)
return this

(wait, is null-coalesce out of draft yet? And does it coalesce undefined? Thankfully I haven't had to wade into JavaScript in awhile)

Attached: 1526158299677.png (500x522, 133K)

nice milkers, but her voice killed my boner

>all these butthurt wagie incels ITT
lmao

Living the dream youtube.com/watch?v=CTXL5Z6EZQs

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

look at all the woke-washed ad content in this video. sickening

"""engineer"""