Which Smart Bulbs are you using?

Which Smart Bulbs are you using?

No poorfags allowed

Attached: 504769-best-smart-light-bulbs.jpg (810x456, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.yujiintl.com/collections/high-cri-led-lights/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs?variant=27740384775
youtube.com/watch?v=tRf3_YY2eX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

those who make my butthole the warmest.

smart bulbs are poor and yurocucked. Smart outlets are based and redpilled.

Attached: 1548050170606.jpg (566x800, 127K)

Smart bulbs are retarded

Tradfri everywhere, 2 white and 10 color bulbs, and 3 remotely switched sockets for some other devices
Mostly used with the remote, but some rooms have a motion sensor
I haven't set up Home Assistant yet for automation for Tradfri, Nest and HEOS

Yeah, why replace those smart bits every few years when the bulb goes to shit when outlets literally last as long as the house does? Smart outlets, smart appliances, smart lamps, the bulbs themselves should be dumb led.

Philips Hue. Fortunately, they are not smart, they are pretty dumb and I use them as simple remote-controlled colored lights.

Would it be worth it to replace the light in my room to a cold white LED?
I want to stay awake longer, also during the evening my room just feels really dark, and I know that we see the cold white better during the dark hours of the day.
Alternatively, what colour light should I go for?

Comfy

Attached: 20190127_201359.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Attached: school for ants.png (461x470, 466K)

Haha. Got em!

Went with Eufy (Anker) as a middle ground between philips and nameless chinese shit. Went with just a dimming/white variants one as I don't see the point in colors in my tiny apartment but might consider it in the future.

I tried that for a bit but ultimately replacing the bulb itself provides more options. Now my smart outlets are free for other uses.

Using these 100w full spectrum incandescents which I just bought brand new because they included the magic phrase "rough service" which allows them to skirt around Obama's dumbass rule.

Why would I use a botnet light bulb?

Attached: 71krzv9Ce+L._SY886_.jpg (665x886, 48K)

I don't have a light switch that's connected to an outlet so I use voice commands to turn on my light when I get home. Scheduling is nice as is easy dimming/color

When I get home I just turn the light on like normal humans have since electric light bulbs became a feature in homes.

Your botnet bulbs have a narrow spectrum, enjoy your seasonal affective disorder.

Amazon has the smart plugs that work with alexa. So you can have timers, proximity with phone, or voice activation.

>not poor
>buys the cheapest alternative
who are you trying to fool?

5 YeeLights.
Love um.

Attached: 61z+fmMKubL._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 13K)

Hue lights because I'm not on welfare.

Got one mounted in all 4 corners of my room and it's phenomenal.

How do you turn on the light? If you say "switch" then read the post again
I do have smart plugs. Smart plugs don't let you dim a bulb or change the hue.

>spend more money
>claim to be rich
Not buying it.

>not poor
>burning cash
Nice try "multi-millionare" poorfag. Rich get their bulbs by donations/as service. And no, they don't even think about it.

Of course you're not buying it when you're poor

Who are you trying to convince? Me?

Philips hue. 5 color e26's, 2 color e12's, 4 white ambience e26's, 1 white ambience e12, and 2 smart stripe (behind bed and behind TV). I also have two smart outlets for regular light strips under the cupboards in the kitchen

I prefer being able to turn my light on and off when I want to. I don't want to wait for whatever companies servers to go up again.

You can use smart lights locally dumbass.

Can someone explain what are those can't quite understand the point of them?

>enjoy your seasonal affective disorder.
Joke's on you: I'm depressed all year long.

>he can afford a smart bulb but can’t afford a light switch
Those good old Millennial priorities at work. How much avodaco toast have you had this week?

Okay so the main difference I'm seeing is that Philips Hue bulbs require a bridge and LIFX bulbs don't
Are there any real reasons to go with Philips Hue?

Are you telling me they have smart outlets that can change the color of lightbulbs now? Holy shit I can't even fathom how that would work, they must really be smart!

The biggest appeals are:
the ability to change the color of the lights (any color)
the ability to also utilize them via wi-fi

>rewiring my apartment
I'm sure my landlord would love that. But yes I can afford the $20 on a smart bulb. You probably think Airpods are expensive.

Weird. I'll stay with incandescent. Once high cri are truly ready switch to those.

>smart bulbs are poor
Imagine being so poor you don't have mood lighting

Blue light damages your eyes.

>is the fucking worst light mount

Attached: white-feit-electric-led-bulbs-bpmr16-gu10-led-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 43K)

I have 2 color versions of the V2 yeelight.
Very happy so far.

How to you deal with the blandness of LED lighting? It looks monochromatic, kinda factory lighting. Regular halogen has a fuller spectrum.

>needs a seperate base station
this isnt the 90's

Next Up: """Smart""" lampshades

RGB lighting is the tackiest trash in the world and only numales and plebs use it

hue, they're good

>decent furniture
>22" TV
oh shit nigger what are you doing

I know you're new here but no racism on 4channel bro. Friendly warning

>gate keeping on Jow Forums

>muh racism only on /b/
like that has ever been enforced
/sqt/ literally posts loli or shota for every general

Lightbulbs that can change whiteness and colors via alexa and your phone.
I use them as a light alarm clock. It helps with me working third shift.

>what could go wrong with connecting everything to the internet
No thanks NSA

this and much more
ie control of individual lights meaning you're not limited to the circuit in the walls for example

Sure, if you want insomnia you could do that.

Personally, I change the color temperature during the day to help with sleep cycles.

the ones from ikea because the gate just works

RGB

Phillips Hue. Currently have the bedrooms converted... I continue to wince at the cost but have been reasonably pleased with them so far. I keep hoping for an updated flood that can put out a bit more light. I have high ceilings.

the ikea lights use some decent wireless tech which is nice but they've got really weak support

What are you some kind of double nigger?

Those fucking suck.
That "smart devices" meme needs to die

Attached: LumenLightBulb_Sample1-300x300.jpg (300x300, 11K)

I'm worried about the light botnet

not all lights use wifi

Jews have been a thing for thousands of years user.

>No poorfags allowed
Too bad, I have a LIFX 1100 Lumen A19 bulb in an old busted ass lamp I found.

>using the glowing botnet

Just moved in, got it for free
I'm getting a decent projector soon

>You probably think Airpods are expensive.
No I think they’re gay.

Yeelights are great. I have 2 first model RGBW bulbs, 1 new RGBW bulb and just picked up the Bedside Lamp 2. All high quality products. The setup can be a little pissy sometimes but once it's all connected "it just werks". All work with Google Assistant as well.

banning incandescent was a great step forward, they're obsolete and horrendously energy inefficient. this has only been made more clear with the leaps in LED technology since then. stop hating change you idiot

Can LEDs achieve 100% CRI?

>wifi based lights

I have a bunch of Hue lights. They look and work good and are better than the other Chinese shit.

no but for what purpose do you need 100% CRI in a residential setting?

>Tradfri
Do those IKEA bulbs work in non-IKEA lamps? Or recessed ceiling lighting? Feel like a retard asking.

>mfw you enable developer mode and disconnect them from the internet

Attached: 1328420084604.jpg (300x226, 35K)

I'm sorry that you're so basic that your unable to communicate without using speech littered with racial denigration, but please curb yourself. This is 4channel, we do not speak that way here.

>unable to communicate without using speech littered with racial denigration
quote me

Gotta up your game

also left, but that's not what's in this webm.

Attached: ambilight.webm (960x540, 2.4M)

Oh nvm, you are a Jew.

yes of course, its a standard fitting and electricity
just dont expect good support, if you want good support buy hue

Also I didn't read before posting, that's good because that's a perfect spot for a 100".

4 LED parcans from work, an arduino, and a proto board with 4 faders hot glued onto it. WAY more expensive than a couple meme bulbs and complete overkill in every sense of the word but it gives me a crazy amout of light controllable from my desk. plus uplighting looks cool as fuck

store.yujiintl.com/collections/high-cri-led-lights/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs?variant=27740384775

Haven't found one yet that can emulate blacklight properly.

High CRI leds

youtube.com/watch?v=tRf3_YY2eX8

you give me a glimor of hope in a sea of darkness.

Attached: DOtZIspW4AIiJ2r.jpg (1200x676, 101K)

>Gotta up your game
your cheap ass projector is dim as fuck

It is cheap but it is 3400lm.
Didn't wanna spend too much on first projector to try out and see, but really happy with it, maybe we upgrade when the lamp goes.

Ambilight with a projector doesn't make much sense. They already act as their own amblight in a dark room. The reason you want a backlight for TVs is because they're too bright for a dark room.

I'm not using any, but since I want to buy one:

I want to control if it's on/off and it's brightness from my phone. No rgb bullshit, I just want white coolor.

What is the best one? And optionally with some kind of API.

That bulb might be full spectrum, but you belong to a specific one.

I know, I used to have a Phillips TV's with it, that's why I just wanted to try make it for this setup too and see how it was, and I ended up loving it.
But it's it's not entirely for the same purpose no, your eyes don't get hurt looking at a projector screen anyway unlike a TV in a dark room.

Fuck off, nigger bitch.

both, they are all on a separate vlan with no fucking conenction to the outside world though