He's right, you know

He's right, you know.

Attached: Mozilla.jpg (617x405, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=140751
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who?

"Mozilla", the decaying developers of now fringe and nearly defunct browser "Firefox".

His tweet is seething cope-bait, basically. They're already sweating about the decision to switch to the Chromium engine. Microsoft and Google care much less about the web than Mozilla, they just want to milk the masses even more. Fear that people might switch back is getting to him. Pathetic.

Having alternatives isn't bad. Especially so if the only other alternative is something made by Google. Once those faggots gain complete control they will fuck everyone over.

Blink is open source.

>1933
>It's time for the SPD to get down from their political ivory tower. The Weimar Republic is dominated by the NSDAP, if they really *cared* about Germany, they would join the NSDAP

Attached: 5 posts in and someone posts a hitler comparison.jpg (400x442, 42K)

doesn't mean having alternatives is bad. there's also no guarentee google won't implement some shady features either. i mean they're already fucking with adblockers and shit. i don' trust them one bit. then again, mozilla isn't much better.

source on the claim?

That doesn't really make it okay. If Google were at least forced to open source every single thing that they do with their browser, we'd have a decent start. It being open source is also next to irrelevant when the masses are only using Chrome; it being advertised everywhere and bundled with everthing doesn't help. In a better world, it wouldn't have come to this - people would actually make educated choices and work for a better market.

Based Apple will save the Internet by forcing its iOS users to use Safari. They should be developing superior WebKit instead.

((( Auchenberg )))

"Pure coincidence." I'm sure.

What does that faggot want, that they drop their browser and start developing for Google?
Why are there "people" this retarded in the world?

>Microsoft and Google care much less about the web than Mozilla
this is more of a cope than anything, mozilla can't compete technically so it will ethically, meaning shit product but with ample virtue signalling

>mozilla can't compete technically
If by technically you mean having more users, you're correct. But the actual browser and some of the forks are better than all the mainstream alternatives. The virtue signaling should stop, though. Hell, Mozilla needs a trip to the gulag too, albeit for a shorter sentence that those Google and co. should get.

>mozilla will compete ethically
You say that as if it were a bad thing.

it's bad because it's fake corporate ethics not to mention being pro-privacy relative to google means nothing, and will fail anyway because mozilla has serious leadership problems, mozilla is like PETA to me who'd rather hire marketers and lawyers and community managers and talk about doing something rather than doing something

AUCHEN (((BERG)))

CAN'T FOOL ME SCHLOMO

Attached: 86.jpg (584x530, 46K)

>corporate ethics
Mozilla is a not-for-profit.

There is simply no such thing as competing ethically.

Program X is objectively the BEST and only program you should use
Terry was tight, niggers constantly fighting the last war.
I bet $100 that retard doesn't program

Attached: tumblr_ncizl7r92G1tk91v5o1_500.gif (480x270, 110K)

>cope cope cope seeth seeth seeth
You faggots are going to run another good words into the ground you keep abusing them like this

Reminder that all competition is bad. Cooperation is superior to competition.

at least be winning before you commence with the SV circlejerk

What happened in the two last months that a botnet is now appraised by Jow Forums and Firefox is being bashed every day even if it's objectively better than Chrombot

>Be a software company.
>Hire employees based on a philosophy of ethnic diversity/polyculture/how anime the color of their hair is instead of their actual ability to code
>Everything goes to shit.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png (1354x784, 869K)

mozilla treated its linux users like shit and never deserved them

Poor guy.

Without competition there is literally no need or reason to cooperate.

>stop competing with me goyim

Firefox was pretty good until the 40s updates. Then it went to shit. Not its in the 60s and not as bad.

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=140751
>Reported: 17 years ago
>SUSE literally wrote the patches already
at least we got pocket though :^)

>letting proprietary software made by capitalist company run without any competition.
Can't those people think twice ?

>inb4 chromium is open source
Don't rely on a product made by google retard

> (((berg))) from microshit
Discarded.

fag

>be a software company
>created by actual programmers around a common ideology
>some retards smells the money and manage to let in more retards
>fire the good people and screw the project
jizz I wonder what happened

Attached: dcvre0y-93e73911-0867-4fe4-a4ac-cc4b8ca98ee0.jpg (876x869, 243K)

Non software companies do it too. Used to work at this factory that manufactures a very niche product and they are going fucking under cause the CEO decided he wanted to do a good ole boy system with the management. It's a bunch of retards running the show when it's all the nignogs that been making the products for the last 30 years that actually know what they are doing. It was hilarious seeing them struggle.

They already are. Mozilla employees are paid by Google. And they have been doing a fine job of running the company and their marketshare to the ground

they could maintain a chromium fork with firefox account integration pretty easily

Ah yes, and windows is a wonderful operating system with every featured you'd ever need, systemd is a structurally sound init system, and javascript is a blazing fast programming language with a clear and concise syntax

Fucking retard

Attached: 1546294081792.gif (800x430, 564K)

He's so wrong. It's as silly as saying XFCE developers should contribute to GNOME.

Having more rendering engines is better than having fewer. It's already too few alternatives.

Not really. You can fork it if you want but you can't get features that conflict with Google's corporate interest in. You can't even expect to keep the ones that are useful and, as a current example, allow you to run actual adblockers.

This highlights one of my biggest issues with the open source community; nobody writes their own shit.

Everyone's working off of these massive-ass bloated code-bases that are often decades old, and nobody knows how any of it actually works or why, and nobody's willing to actually take leadership and make their own project, lest they lose comparability with the current one.

You end up with shit like linux, where it's a bunch of clueless fucks adding in whatever they feel like with no real design or structure or long term goals, and "fixing" shit by adding in a bunch of hackish workarounds.

less than 5% of the people uses that crap, there's next to no project using the blink shit they came up with because it's easier to implement webkit everywhere.

Was added in Firefox 64, but Mozilla stuck it behind an environment variable (GTK_USE_PORTAL=1) so it's not on by default.

this but unironically

Attached: PinkOutfit.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

More privacy.
Less feminazi.

Glad to know you're talking out of your ass. Blink is a fork of Webkit made by Google, and both are widely used.
Firefox uses Gecko - which happens not to be very easy to reuse - but Mozilla now working on its replacement, Servo.

he is right, it will happen anyway when they sunk to 2% in 2 years

Windows is the same, make no mistake. It's even worse, actually. Other closed source also has this problem. It's not about the license or whatever, it's about money, lack of competition and consumers who don't know shit.

>dmmmphhh ffff pohhhakkk ummmfffffff
>firefoffffffffmmm dduudhmmmm ummm prrrrrrrr

ok.

Attached: lolwat.png (440x350, 320K)

how is that an issue with the open source community, Microsoft literally still has previous century spaghetti code in their OS

WolfRPG uses firefox, not chromium, so you're wrong in the land of eroge games.

>cock gobbler OP
>posting the thoughts of a literal who named Auchen(((berg)))
>implying this literal who knows what the fuck he's talking about
>falling for this completely shit bait

Attached: 1301674781841.jpg (429x600, 159K)

>embrace extend extinguish

If you spend more than 5 minutes here you'd know thats primarily what we do

>made in rust
Into the trash it goes.

literally embrace, extend, extinguish

Windows has made a ton of progress over the last decade, while Linux has been mostly stagnant.
How do you know? You don't have access to its source code.

Not him but I can confirm. I worked at microsoft for a year as a full time (blue card) SDEII.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-28 13-16-11.png (1270x324, 67K)

ORANGE CRAB BAD

Attached: 1547998446687.png (882x1025, 246K)

Why larp in an online Tibetan leather tanning imageboard?

Because I know nobody will believe me despite it being the truth, which is a decent mechanism by which I can hope to remain anonymous.

>Windows has made a ton of progress over the last decade, while Linux has been mostly stagnant.
Progress such as? It's the other way around, bud. Microsoft can afford not improving because they're only competing for market share on the servers. They've got the desktop market cornered. You don't need access to the code, just testimonies from people who worked there. Windows was fine when Gates was in charge. Now no one knows how half of the stuff works, because the people who originally made it are gone.

>Chromium is not only a web browser. It is a blend of different open-source projects:
>ANGLE (a graphics engine abstraction layer)
>Blink (a rendering/layout engine)
>Native Client (a sandbox for running native code)
>PDFium (a PDF generation and rendering library)
>Sandbox (a security mechanism for separating running programs
>Skia (a graphics library)
>V8 (a JavaScript engine)
and others...
>These projects are used in Chromium browser (obviously!) and other software like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, MS Edge, Skype, Spotify, Steam, Minecraft, TeamViewer, WhatsApp, Twitch, Android WebView, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Adobe Acrobat, Electron, CEF, QtWebEngine... For example, Firefox uses some stuff of Chromium (Sandbox, ANGLE, Skia, Google Safe browsing) on Windows

sounds to me like not only is he right, but mozilla is already consolidating behind the standards set by chrom*

>(((berg)))
kek

Worked for Linux

>haha it's just my personal opinion of course :v)
i hate these limpdicked soapboxing fuckwits

Attached: 1508748469307.png (969x702, 910K)

>tfw I didn't forget what Google did to ad nauseam
Fuck Google and fuck chrome.

Sent from my Android.

This

I don't want Google to have any more control of the internet than they already do.

Fucking savage

Enjoy no real ADBLOCKER in near future in botnet Chrome
HUE HUE HUE

How? It's still a fringe OS after all these years.

If you're not in the politics game for the propagation of your ideology (but rather for profit/security), you might as well join the NSDAP; it might save you a few sideways looks at first, and a few kicked down doors further down the road.

If you're not in the tech game for the propagation of your ideas and solutions (but for profit/security), you might as well adopt a popular standard/technology; it might save you costs on R/D if that's not your primary drive, and maybe even public appeal if you can decorate your product's about page with some gay ass logos.