Desktop computers will be considered archaic within our lifetimes

>desktop computers will be considered archaic within our lifetimes

Attached: 591.gif (964x912, 1.08M)

it's just a fad that was popular 1980-2010
computing was never about it
Rob Pike:
>What hardware do you use?
>A bunch of Macs at home, Macs and Linux at work, plus of course the Google compute clusters. When I was on Plan 9, everything was connected and uniform. Now everything isn't connected, just connected to the cloud, which isn't the same thing. And uniform? Far from it, except in mediocrity. This is 2012 and we're still stitching together little microcomputers with HTTPS and ssh and calling it revolutionary. I sorely miss the unified system view of the world we had at Bell Labs, and the way things are going that seems unlikely to come back any time soon.

>Rob Pike

Attached: file.png (500x335, 201K)

as long as ARM continues to mostly run neutered phone software and little else, desktop computers are here to stay

It's already happened.

Attached: 1544390155695.jpg (499x482, 62K)

They'll become niche, not archaic. Only use will be for gaymen.

None of the work I do requires a desktop.
Graphics are reaching a cap and within 10 years we will do everything from a laptop.

and that might be replaced by cloud gaymen

>cloud gaymen
I can only imagine console cucks using it.

>internet will be run on laptops
wew

>will
they were considered archaic since at least 2010

they're still used by office drone wagies too, and some devs, but I think a lot of devs are using laptops now

Have fun doing high level effects in movies and 3D animations in laptops

Attached: F695CE2A-DAA5-47A6-B0BF-E9CDC21282F3.jpg (326x340, 88K)

>tiny screens with shitty TN panels or MEMELED
>shitty mobile, proprietary botnet OSes with stupid touch interfaces
>overheats like hell
>disposable
only söycucks find this acceptable

>frog posting will be considered archaic in our lifetime
based

>internet will be run on desktops
wew

>considered
Who gives? Just don't tell me you follow (((trends))), user.

> Just don't tell me you follow (((trends))), user.
only if you want people to use your program/website

Keep dreaming, user

>mfw saved this in 2008
>mfw people have been frogposting for over a decade now

Attached: 1218953172818.jpg (330x357, 28K)

How popular are desktops these days? I've never found any device that is even half as comfortable to use as a desktop, nothing even comes close. I tried an iPad and a t420 and ended up never using either because the only comfortable way to use them is at a desk where they are inferior to a desktop.
No way all these people who live on Facebook 24/7 aren't using desktops but then again I don't leave my home or socialize at all

Any casual faceberg netflixer is better off with a laptop + HDMI cable to the TV for when they want to go big screen. Only people who do a lot of productivity, research, coding and gaymen would benefit from a multi-monitor, powerful hardware desktop.

Desktop... whaaats?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 85K)

The TV is going to be way less comfortable to read from than a desktop, and you have to use fucky input devices instead of comfortable realforce+mx master.
I don't play games, do anything productive or code etc and have yet to find a better computer than a desktop but I'm always open to new things. Spend on average 12.5 hours a day on my desktop according to my time monitoring software.

Why did their first popular ad since I'm a Mac have to have such an ugly girl in it. Usually apple wants to associate themselves with beautiful people.

>girl
I thought it was a tranny

It's a male kid

That takes HRT and estrogen

Any real studio use a render farm for heavy projects. The comfy keyboard/mouse/big screen ergonomy is what keeps professionals on desktop computers.

idk just seemed like a girl to me I didn't even consider anything else. Seriously though it is one of the most ugly people you'll find in a commercial

based

Not until mobile devices come with built-in GNU/LINUX OR BSD systems.

Nice Speedos