Studying cyber security

>studying cyber security

Jesus i'm smart

Why don't you study cyber security dumb fucks?

Attached: 2e8syk.jpg (898x790, 58K)

Because I'm not as smart as you.

Attached: 1547931985914.png (645x729, 179K)

Yep that's me but I'm not that good looking.

Last I looked at the numbers I could have sworn the world wide shortage of cyber security pros is bigger than medical. Anyone familiar with that and can confirm?

Can confirm
Easy AF to get a good paying job

Because I'm a developer and security is the admins job.

I don't care about a good paying job I care about happiness and fulfillment .

Yes can confirm as well. I work as Junior Admin in a medical company and working on my B.S. in cybersecurity. Network security is especially important in the medical field due to HIPAA regulations and such so here's to easy money.

Kevin Wallace recommended I get the CCNP first before taking the dive just so I can be more useful overall. Do you think that level of networking helps?

Can anons help me get a cyber sec job? I don’t want to end up being code monkey #68769 with a CS degree. Trying to apply to IT internships right now and hopefully they can pay for my certs.

My university had some courses about cyber security and even had its own research department for it.
I did some of those courses, but in the end, it didn't really interest me. Unsurprisingly, it's not just being le hacker man.

How do I get into cybersecurity?

I'm doing a degree in software development, because the cybersecurity degrees sucked. I also recently passed the OSCP. Going to head to some security conferences and try network.

My big fear for me is after I get out of college I'll literally not get a job because I don't have any work experience. What is the easiest way for me to land literally any job in cybersecurity?

>tfw can't even pass my A+

I'm not expert on this kind of stuff, but I really feel like A+ is a waste of a cert. I think you're better off just doing a Microsoft cert, not only is it cheaper but I think "Microsoft certified" sounds much nicer to HR peoples. Maybe someone who knows better than me will say otherwise tho.

If you are that much of a brainlet that u can't pass the A+ then be like a pajeet and download a braindump.

If you can't pass A+ on first try then give up. Go be a Greek Squater until all the boomers are gone.

What is a+? A grade?

it's a certification on how to fix pcs and shit. Waste of money.

LOL

Isn't it full of trannies?

What

Cybersec

No those are Rust and certain JS Framework programmers

Attached: beard_god.jpg (507x800, 80K)

Disgusting

Is cyber sec Jow Forumsaccepted? I only do redpilled stuff

Please answer me

technology is not redpilled. Go live in a cabin without technology like the unabomber, that is redpilled.

But is it whites only? I hate shitskins

Translation:
>Im studying Computer Science just without all the hard math classes and upper level programming classes

Attached: 1512326955080.gif (618x894, 21K)

Loool

Cybersec is the hardest it study dumb fuck
Cybersec is like styding medschool
While other it is nursery

Second year cybersec here, can confirm its information heavy and not the most practical subject

Hackers are always ten steps ahead of you.

Whats it like?

Senior year cybersec here.

Basically it's your A+, Net+, Sec+, CISSP, CEH, and a bunch of other certs and shit. Extremely information heavy, it's almost like a social studies major. You're expected to know not only how to do cybersec shit, but also how to write reports on it and present it in a court of law as an expert witness.

The most redpilled stuff you could do is aim a shotgun at your head it and pull the trigger

I only play video games
Im starting Cybersec bachelor in 5 months
Will i fail?

Can you build your own PC and install Linux? If so you're basically done with year 1.

Good luck getting a job with your Bachelor's of Arts degree OP!

Attached: 1544841834494.gif (540x304, 1.57M)

Why can't Jow Forums ever post anything from GOOD anime?

Attached: 0ZsKw.jpg (640x480, 23K)

eh at my school Cyber Security is what all the Computer Science rejects switch their major to in their sophomore year

i do study it too, however i can't get into programing :/
second year btw

Attached: 1548106720159.jpg (600x619, 34K)

Tried Google?

not really

>cyber security

The fuck is this? Shouldn't it be expected the people actually writing and designing software should be able to work out the secure and correct interactions of their software?

Like what the fuck do cyber babbies do? Shit on anything and then do fuck all to fix anything? Sounds like glorified shitadmins that no one respects or cares about.

They're very different degrees. Cyber Security is a career field, Computer Science is an academic field.

enjoy your meme degree

the right term is data security
and i learn it a while for fun
lets play a game try to find my ip and my os
if you cant your not so smart or talented as u see yourself fag

and that is why you will stay where you are

Can someone pls tell me how to get the 6 fig cyber sec jobs as a CS student? I can’t stand Bay Area tech culture and corporate monkeyism.

It's an aspect of system administration. Though I'm focusing on digital forensics so I can call the van on all the pedos that post here.

Calm down kid

you can't be in security if you can't deal with corporate bullshit
that you're willing to jump through their extremely specific hoops is why they are paid what they are

Ya its a meme degree that colleges add to fluff their catalogs so that they can get more money from the government

>Like a social studies major
This is too true, im doing mine in UK so maybe different. Plus half of my class don't know shit about linux outside of lab work.

What are some personality/characteristics needed to go high in cybersec? Can autists make it, considering the need to be somewhat social

Cybersec? Lol fuck off nerds

Real security here
Securitas and i got a baton

The autists fail miserably, cybersec usually leads to consultancy so you need to talk to people.

Explain what the hoops are?
I’d rather deal with corporatism than hear soi bois Nintendo switch go BING BING WAHOO during break

Is Cybersec full of chads that gets pussy?

The course is a mixture, but from my experience of assessment centres for placement it is the chads. Problem is the people you are selling security services too are just corporate normies.

Ehat

Most of cybersec involves socialization. You absolutely need to be able to speak to people, that is the single most important thing. A major part of it involves court proceedings and negotiation with management.

See pic

Attached: CoarseForsakenEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif (240x184, 543K)

So tes?

Tes?

Not only will it help, but I think it is crucial that you have some understanding on how networking works. They both pretty much go hand in hand.

I do, OP.
LOOK HOW MANY KALIS I GOT LOL
Hosting some for classmates that are too poor to vm or to dumb to flash drive in lab at school.

Attached: Screenshot_20190127-191035_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 613K)

CCNA is part of my degree program. CCNP goes beyond what they teach in cybersec at the undergrad level.

It's a literal meme degree, another way to scam retards into getting a fake degree. 90% of the posts here are larps.

Bruh if this isnt considered a meme degree that I dont know what is

Attached: CSecurityMeme.png (723x969, 61K)

Kys

Using kali tools is the definition of being a grade A script kiddy.
Until you've written you're own malware you are just another script kiddy in a bowl of faggots.

Seething discord tranny

>on my way to start working at the biggest company in my city
>cushiony call center job
>going to get all my certs and jump to their IT department a year or two down the line
we're all gonna make it Jow Forums

Just skip to Network+, A+ is a waste of time and not remotely impressive.

Spotted the liberal cuck

Attached: 1547624525815.webm (710x400, 2.59M)

Jow Forums's opinions don't matter

Going to school for netsec/cybersec is a waste of time. Don't bother

Why

You can teach yourself everything you need to know in a much shorter time-frame if you're self motivated enough without having to spend thousands on a meaningless degree. Also, schools that teach this never seem to get deep enough such that you learn any practical skills.

Because employers favor people with CompSci BS degree over an IT BA degree.

The same can be said of literally every degree program in existence. What the fuck do you think college exists for?

Nope

Nah, not every. Law, medicine, and business pretty much requires a degree to get into those fields. Computer science and IT are a different case.

Look at this third year CS student that hasn't completed an internship yet.

Attached: 1342661855246.png (317x266, 70K)

So you think college exists to get into a career field. You are everything wrong with the educational system. I bet you're the kind of guy that bitches about gen ed requirements.

I mean, of course you're smart. Smart people always have to justify their intelligence on a Korean finger painting enthusiast forum.

Why else would you go to college? For fun? No man, you expect to make a career out of what you're studying the vast majority of the time. It's an investment for a reason.

user, we're not telling you to pretend to be a lawyer to get experience as one so you just have to take the bar exam, we're telling you that for working with networks and computers you do not need to go to school for it. The courses for any network and cybersec certifications are provided on Comptia's website. Home lab practice and even working with other people will get you the experience you need.

Attached: 1512482995851.jpg (612x612, 87K)

You sound like a faggot

Attached: 152431434313.jpg (640x300, 26K)

>So you think college exists to get into a career field
That may not have been it's original intent, but that's basically how it's used today. Sorry you live in a fantasy world where college is a "institute of learning", when in reality they are run like businesses.

And the same can be said of CS, unless you're trying strictly to get into academia.

I was studying IT, leaning towards networking and/or cyber-sec, but I tapped out because I don't want to deal with the ever increasing flood of arabs and poos saturating the market, not to mention the SJW poison infecting the well.

I left, and I decided it was too much work to keep up with the rapid pace of information technology growth on a professional level. Switched to accounting and finding myself in a far, far better and healthier state of mind now.

Might actually get a minor in accounting information systems to supplement the IT part of my life. hmmm.

Attached: 1518194126940.jpg (655x527, 59K)

>For fun?

Yes you enormous faggot.

Shit I guess I didn't learn anything in my two years of two different languages, four different writing courses three of which are required for the degree, criminal justice and court proceeding coursework, etc.

Good colleges aren't fucking degree mills that just teach you a job skill and throw you out on the street. Maybe go somewhere a little better than DeVry and you'll see.

Get ready to support Sage, QuickBooks, or Dynamics for the rest of your life.

It can be said for almost every single degree in college. The vast majority of people that go to college, are there to get a degree and get a high paying job, or one that pays better than the job they have now. Anyone who says otherwise is full of it. And this is especially true when you consider that almost anything you learn in college can be learned on the internet for free. Even STEM degrees can be done online, with the exception of lab work and even then REAL labwork, as in stuff you can't simulate on your own. The whole thing is a fucking joke and everyone knows the system is broken. Now we have commie faggots pushing the (((free education))) agenda, which will only make the situation worse.

There is now SJW poison in the world of IT. The world of IT/IA is not the world of software development.

>two different languages
lmao could have done this in high school
>goes to college for a degree in something that requires going to college for
>tells others they're retarded for avoiding college for the career they're looking at that does not require going to college for

> Now we have commie faggots pushing the (((free education))) agenda, which will only make the situation worse.

Shit maybe you should've gone to college, then you wouldn't say retarded shit like this.

I did one of the languages in high school, actually. But four years of a high school language only counts as two years of a college language for credit purposes.

>Shit I guess I didn't learn anything in my two years of two different languages, four different writing courses three of which are required for the degree, criminal justice and court proceeding coursework, etc.
In other you spent two years learning the basics of two languages, retook a bunch of HS level writing classes and wrote a report or two. WOW, great (((education))) you got there bud. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Yeah you have no idea what you're even talking about. Just stop.