Hi, let's talk about the Macbook

Hi, let's talk about the Macbook.

Attached: gsdgsd.png (1220x704, 1.33M)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1539923153344.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

based

Based Satania poster.

I switched to MacBook Pro when my PC died and I needed a reliable and quick computer for photo editing (I’m a photographer by trade) I switched to an SSD and upgraded the ram (2012 model, bought in 2014) no issues or problems, I spilled water on the touch pad last week and it was intermittently sensing, 3-4 days later and it’s working normal again.
They just work, newer ones though, fuck em. The older ones are actually based depending on your work.

Poo in loo Pajeet.

Attached: 1548488534658.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

I have a 2018 mbp and it's total shit for development. I had to install VirtualBox and Ubuntu to be able to do anything useful with it. My employer paid for it so idgaf about the price, in all honesty as much as I think macs are for faggots, I quite like the small form factor, long batt life, low weight and how all the normie shit works out of the box and most boring setup tasks (backup setup etc) can be done really quickly.

I absolutely hate it though the minute I want to do something involving programming or running engineering software (eg openFOAM, or anything requiring newer SDKs/libraries)

why are thinkpad users so OBSESSED with apple?

Macbooks are pretty nice as long as you get one without the autism bar above the keyboard

it triggers mactoddlers who put their entire self worth into others' opinions of their fruity toddler toys

sour grapes

I have the 2011 model MBP and it will shit the bed soon.

For design professionals, you can't be seen pulling out a your 20lb battle station, with cum stains and anime desktop background to show to your employer your new, sleek and trendy design. That's why for "creatives" Mac really have a tight grasp.

The problem is that there really are no other laptop designs that look as good. All the new slim laptops are Mac copies, so what options are there? Even with a slim notebook, other designers will view you with suspicion because you got a cheap version of a Mac instead of the real deal, therefore automatically making you a lesser, cheaper designer. Maybe one of the few acceptable non-apple laptops are the Surface or other drawing tablets that offer something Macs don't and also look good.

Attached: serveimage(2)-01.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

I'm afraid the last good Macbook was the Macbook Pro Early 2015 (last iteration of the non-memebar line with a good keyboard and plenty of ports).
I hope mine won't shit itself anytime soon, I don't know what I could replace it with.

How does the Huawei MateBook X Pro compare in terms of build quality?
Then again, macOS is top comfy, it would require months of ricing to get any Linux this nice. I don't really have time for shit like this.

Attached: ImgW.jpg (600x368, 28K)

I miss old Louis. he would sperg out about Linus, macbooks and the sort. now he's matured and calmer.

>it's total shit for development
I currently use my MBP for C, embedded, ELisp, JS & Go webshit + some DevOps meme Docker stuff and it works really well.
>running engineering software
sounds like you just run shitty software m8.
Unix tools work just as well as in Linux

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

Attached: 1545573958452.png (636x727, 137K)

>it would require months of ricing to get any Linux this nice
it's just not possible, it will always look and feel like a cheap copy. hackintosh all the way.

I'm thinking of "upgrading" to the 2015 MBP but paying $600 for a 4 year old laptop does not seem worth it right now, though I agree with you macOS is super comfy.

The Huawei looks good, but only because it is a faithful copy. Though I would probably buy it if it was cheaper.

based

Thinkfats have no life

Same, OSX is super comfy since it is Unix. I've been trying to run Linux/Dockerized apps for everything at home but I honestly really miss how OSX does workspace management.

based

It was ~200$ off at that Jew run shop in NYC when I bought mine online recently. Might still be in sale. HB photo or something.

Cope