I decided to install this the other day and I have to say...

I decided to install this the other day and I have to say, the UI is amazing and the degree to which you can customize is better than current Firefox. Only problem is the fucking addons are outdated as shit (AFAIK uBlock Origin, NoScript and Decentraleyes are at least still getting updates) and I'm concerned that there may be an issue with security due to it being based on older code on top of it being a much smaller project compared to Firefox and Chrome which have plenty of funding and devs and the main dev of Pale Moon being an autistic furry manchild.

What should I do? Go back to Firefox or keep using this?

Attached: Pale_Moon_browser_logo.png (256x256, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.3.0/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Comparison_with_XUL_XPCOM_extensions
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=7818
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=134236&sid=44b6a74729714b1c6f1dcc7f666c1bd1#p134236
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop shilling this furry botnet, it deserves 0 attention. It has the same problem as old Firefox where over time it gets laggier and laggier until you can barely have 2 youtube tabs open without massive fucking delays whenever you click something. Just move on grandpa.

t. a fucking zoomer

furry manlet kys

icecat

use spyware-blocking config firefox or gnu icecat instead

>bloatfox
use a real browser like qute, uzbl, surf and so on

Use Sleipnir.

Attached: sleipnir-992.png (200x200, 39K)

Not available in Debian now.

There's always the FTP.
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.3.0/

Now moonchild, you don't need to shill your shitty firefox fork here.

Obligatory

Attached: 1548372501350.jpg (1274x2802, 1.87M)

Do want old firefox? If so, pale moon's perfect for you. If not, use another browser

It's just pre-australis firefox with some firefox 3x features ported over. The most development you'll see is security patches from newer firefox versions when applicable, and bugfixes. It's deliberately designed to change as little as possible, and feature requests will fall on death ears

goddammit someone always beats me

I just migrated a sufficient amount of settings and shit from Firefox to ungoogled-chromium, and apart from the shitty font rendering I dunno how to fix, it's fast as balls and I like it.
So sssssuck on that I guess...

fake news, FUD, PEBKAC, and *werks on my machine*

Falkon or GTFO

The real problem I see with real good browsers (Actually the only good browser in my concept is GNU puss) is that it is so outdated (but see ).

shill

>Note that building binary packages for Windows and macOS currently requires non-free software, so we no longer distribute binary releases for those platforms.
Also does it have support, or alternatives, for these extensions? Don't think I can live without firegestures.

Attached: Untitled.png (594x728, 45K)

Icecat btw.

uBo is maintained as a webextension addon.There is a replacement for Firegestures, but it's not a perfect replacement. The only thing that's missing for me is open highlited as url. You can change the useragent with an about:config tweak. Use stylus because stylish steals data. Violentmonkey for scripts. Downthemall has a poor replacement, it's called Download Star. Foxyproxy was ported, I believe. I can't comment on the rest.

Thanks, the rest doesn't really matter (though restartless is nice,but w/e), I'll give it a try. If I can build it on windows.

It's based on Firefox 60 LTS, so you might want to consider Firefox itself if you can't get it to work; it just takes some tweaking, you might want to look into a premade user.js.

how do i get the nice tab search interface on regular firefox?
is it impossible

Attached: palemoon-tabsearchoverview.png (1865x819, 348K)

This, youtube just lags. It's like there's just software rendering.

Attached: pale shit.jpg (1334x275, 224K)

>Only problem is the fucking addons are outdated as shit (AFAIK uBlock Origin, NoScript and Decentraleyes are at least still getting updates)

Outdated in this case is better, in that sense i'll take the Outdated XUL/XPCOM add-ons over WebExtensions any day!

Even mozilla admits the superiority of the XUL/XPCOM tech
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Comparison_with_XUL_XPCOM_extensions

Assuming this is your add-ons and it's recent then you need to update uBlock Origin to the latest Legacy version 1.16.4.8 and install the uBlock Origin Updater so you'll get the updates automatically

Attached: Moon.png (548x286, 18K)

>and I'm concerned that there may be an issue with security due to it being based on older code

Sigh here we go again with baseless rumors

Rumor: "Pale Moon is just a rebranded rebuild of an old Firefox version"
FALSE
Pale Moon has been on a divergent path with its own code for a long time already. It was a rebuild in 2009, yes. It was a rebuild with minor changes in the Firefox 4.0 era, yes. But we've come a very long way since then with an increasing amount of different code being carried over each time it was re-based on later Firefox code. It's a true fork now and has been employing rapid development (as opposed to rapid release) to solidify this independent direction with its own focus and attempt at keeping the browser sane, lean, and offering users choice and stability.
At the same time, Pale Moon's focus on security and evolving networking standards has added features and kept pace with those developments in other browsers, by e.g. adding TLS 1.1/1.2 support a while back, by offering OCSP-stapling, by keeping a close eye on encryption and the browser's security by continuing to port or re-implement security fixes that apply to Pale Moon as a browser. It is neither old nor outdated, it is not a "rebuild" and it does not use obsolete technologies or have security holes.
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=7818

ps:PM supports TLS 1.3 since v28

Attached: images.jpg (213x237, 7K)

>no container tabs on Palemoon
Shite

pale moon's devs are petulant assholes who scream at packagers. use a browser made by a competent group of people, whether its chromium or firefox

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86 here they are freaking out over use of system libs and calling it a branding violation

is ungoogled chromium good enough to run all the extensions a person would normally run on chrome?im clearly the biggest nobita here and id like your insight. its not like i have something to hide, but id really this idea of having ungoogled chromium. please advise

ungoogled chromium is fine and will run most extensions yes. have fun

and? do you know what trademark infringement is?

am i suppose to turn a blind eye because some sjw open source packager doesn't give a fuck for branding licenses?

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=134236&sid=44b6a74729714b1c6f1dcc7f666c1bd1#p134236

just install links you fucking zoomer faggots

Attached: scrot.png (1600x900, 444K)

you can bring it up in a calm and professional manner instead of flipping out like a manchild, cant wait for the "sjws" to make it impossible for people like you to work in tech

>7000 packages
I'm impressed.