Jow Forums why can't we make our own game console?

So we can get intel celeron cpu's and make mini PC's in china. (This could work since cs go and tf2 can run on shit like this) So then we put a custom version of linux on the machine. Since it is cheaper to buy materials in bulk in china and the os is free we could sell the new console for 100-150 usd. We could market it as for office and gaming usage. We wouldn't have to create games for it either since we could just install steam on the system and allow the user to do whatever they want.

Attached: you-can-now-run-linux-on-sony-s-playstation-4-gaming-console-here-s-how-520094-2.jpg (2500x2500, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ladyada.net/make/fuzebox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but why ?

Money, and to expand linux a bit.

like a soulja boy console?

>Jow Forums why can't we make our own game console?
I literally already have.

ladyada.net/make/fuzebox/

What is Steam Box?

>why can't we compete with multi billion dollar corporations?
And why should any devs build for your system?
You realize much like Amazon these companies can sell at a loss for years even if you solved all of the above just to keep you out?

Inb4 wasted get, terrible thread yes I mad.Get off Jow Forums.

sure you could just manufacture a pc in china install linux on it and sell it
but at that point youd just be selling whats essentially a laptop PCB inside some black box it wouldnt be a console
and you cant sell a "real" console becase youd have to get developers to make games for oyur system

that's the thing though, you need exclusives for the console to actually make people want to buy it. Because otherwise, why would you want to buy the console if you can just make a gaming rig and install linux. Also, people prefer simplicity so you better make a linux distro that is idiot proof

Besides, the console market is already saturated by XBOX, playstation and nintendo.

You don't want another Ouya, do you?

Attached: ron.jpg (560x423, 33K)

Why would anybody do that when steam boxes already failed miserably?

Steam boxes were a bit expensive. This is a shittier version than is cheaper than the newest game console. For marketing, facebook ads and reddit bots will be used the shill the fuck out of the finished product.
I am trying to learn godot so maybe that's the exclusives. You could say wine can make windows games run on it and normal linux games can work normally as well.

Here's why...

Which Kernel should be on it and what version?

no, you need to make specifically exclusive games developed in house with a team.

With every major console they've succeeded because of must buy exclusives(and entered at a time where the market needed competition or really brought something to the table). for nintendo this was mario, playstation this was crash bandicoot and a bunch of others for xbox this was halo.

A gentoobox
which can run
vim and emacs

Fucking kek

Attached: demonpat.png (798x526, 734K)

>emacs and vim on a controller
Just fucking kill me instead

I kinda feel bad for dude. He put his name behind something only to get fucked over on it.

So you say if I ripoff mario and make a game like it with a mascot then people might see it as good system?

retarded soundcloud rappers deserve to get fucked over. they're the cancer killing rap. it's natural selection.

Ok I think I got it. The mascot will be a penguin, like tux, but he has a hat.

Yea. it sucks he got
JEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWed
(Caribbean drums and snapping sound)
Kosher boy tell em'