How much better will the Ryzen 3000 series be compared to previous generations?

How much better will the Ryzen 3000 series be compared to previous generations?
Intel shills need not reply.

Attached: DLS.png (450x399, 403K)

About tree fiddy

>barely tied with a 14nm++++++++++ housefire while having a node shrink and a new arch
>in a bench that heavily favours amd
seems like an improvement over current ryzen, but still not enough to beat intel

This. Also the latest benchmark shows ryzen 3000 still have latency issues, so gayming is still a no on ryzen.

>1 stick of memory
Nothing is final. Rumor has it they have untied the memory from Inifnity Fabric for lower latency.

>tfw u will never experience waking up to Mama Su cumming in ur butt

people tried the 2700x with 1 stick at the same speed and it basically had the same latency. not really an improvement

Far, FAR better. I've been blueballing my wallet from building a new rig for 3 months now. June is going to be a blast.

Cry me a river, Ryzen 1 and 2 rocked, Zen 2 is going to be even better.

Psssttt zen 2 is coming in 4 weeks

months*

Did you not read the OP?
>Intel shills need not reply.

Source?

years*

Just waitâ„¢

115% ipc, 5 GHz, and doubled core counts supposedly

What it showed is that the test chip had the same DRAM access time as stock first gen Ryzen at launch, it also showed the caches being faster across the board.
That isn't exactly an issue. It depends entirely on how often instructions hit system memory vs being reissued.

Attached: aida64 compar.jpg (1100x538, 104K)

damn i wish this was the sticky

If you own a 2700x I wouldn't bother upgrading until 2020 at the earliest. That chip should be more than enough for a couple years for high-FPS gaming. You're better off getting a newer GPU, like the upcoming Navi or whatever Nvidia is going to put out for 2019.

Dunno gonna wait for actual benchmarks not Engineering sample (leaks)
Looks like it's gonna be as fast as i9 9900k for the midrange and absolutely crush the high end desktop and thats before we even see threadripper 3xxx

I have an 8700k should i upgrade?

Based fellow 2700x owner
Haven't seen the fella go over 50% either even in gayming

No?
Some games still favour intel
Unless your gonna go get the highest end desktop CPU at 5ghz don't bother

chiplets = latency

AMD Shill

Attached: 1547747819686.png (396x408, 165K)

No. Wait. As an example, I bought a 1090t in 2010 and it did everything I need up until about 2017. IPC was slower than a 2500k, and it couldn't clock as high, and I STILL ran pretty much everything at high settings, high FPS. Only one or two games started to stutter. DOOM, for example, ran fantastically on both OpenGL and Vulkan. Fallout 4, on the other hand, stuttered. There's a video on YouTube of someone comparing a Ryzen 1600 to an FX-8350 (take note that the FX-8350 IS faster than a 1090t, and you can OC it much higher). The 8350 stuttered, but the 1600, no OC, all stock ,was buttery smooth.

Now think of your Intel chip. 6 cores/12 threads, but at much higher clocks and better latency. You're fine. Get a better GPU when they come out, wait a while, then upgrade. If you don't have an SSD, get that -first-, because it will give you a huge boost over a standard 7200RPM HDD. While 16GB of RAM is preferable, 8GB will get the job done, especially if you're just gaymen.

tl;dr: Do not upgrade, get a new GPU first - get a Zen 2/Intel 10nm if you don't have a CPU made in the past year or two.

They won't

intel will be btfo'd

If they have good overclocking, I can't see why I'd buy Intel, that's basically the only thing left in Intel's favor.

>intel 5% gain per gen
>'SAME FUCKING SHIT AGAIN'

>amd 4.5% gain per gen
>'amd is the best and im upgrading again please be needful sir'

This, I remember when Kaby Lake came out there wasn't a single thread praising it, everyone was (rightfully) making fun of it being another shitty rehash, but for some reason Jow Forums creams itself over AMD's stale releases.

mods, this image goes right behind stallman and terry. now.

>>intel 5% gain per gen
epic bait

Attached: 1539398556114.png (500x600, 197K)

I would argue that Ryzen 2000 is a rehash, but not Zen 2.

>AMD's stale releases.
like?

major IPC increases and clockspeed bumps which put it in equal single thread performance as current gen i7's as a result of their better SMT and core architecture this means significantly better multithread when compared to similar core count i7's

So basically you will now get an 8core/16thread chip equivalent to the 600$ i7 9900k in performance for around 230$ or the price of a shitty i5

for the price of a 330$ 6core i7k chip you will get same per core performance but double the cores and threads at 12cores and 24 threads. This is the big money maker because every livestreamer will want this chip. It lets you run a game completely unitterrupted on 4-6-8 cores with no other tasks to interrupts the pipeline so your framerate is rock solid and if gives you 4-6-8 extra cores depending on the config to run all background tasks and the operating system including a recording stream.

If you want to be a streamer this is the best value chip to get your hands on. Also it will match and slightly beat a 16-core threadripper part from last gen so its a solid choice for video rendering on a budget as well.

Zen+ was always on the roadmap, to be followed by the big die shrink and new architecture, and came with a pretty decent price drop compared to Zen 1.
Kaby Lake was an unplanned deviation from a decade of ticking and tocking, while maintaining the same prices. To make matters worse, they kept refreshing motherboards on schedule. Had things gone according to plan, Z170 boards would support 10nm CPUs. Instead, they got 14nm+, and not even 14nm++ or 14nm+++.

I have a Ryzen 1800X and I was thinking of building a Threadripper PC and giving this one away to family because I'm not satisfied with Gentoo emerge -e @world times but I'm holding out until Zen architecture has pretty much peaked and we reach diminishing returns with the end of Moore's Law and have a new node shrink maybe once every 10 years.