Why doesn't TOR make you completely anonymous?

Why doesn't TOR make you completely anonymous?

Attached: 2378134123.jpg (1191x723, 86K)

because retards leave javascript enabled

Bcus ur isp can tell ur using tor

Please explain, I don't even own a computer

I can’t believe we’re still asking this on Jow Forums

Why do you spell it as TOR? The pic you posted shows it correctly, "Tor"

Even if they know you are using it how do they know what you are using it for?

it gives you L3/L4 anonymity, TOR is not responsible if you're compromised on L7 layer and honestly in that case you deserve it since you're a retard

Usually traceable user error. Pedos forget to disable JavaScript and get tracked+indentified. People don't encrypt their illegal drug transaction info/messages and once the place gets compromised/leaked they can trace back. Untumbled bitcoins used for illegal things can be backtracked to people through blockchain and services.

You're never truly anonymous. People who care are always watching.

they don’t. Your ISP can see you connecting to the network, but they don’t know what domains you visit. However, the exit node can spy on your non-SSL traffic, since they are essentially your proxy to the clearnet.

just use tails since it has everything set up correctly ootb

because firefox is asscancer that is incredibly fingerprintable and leaks extension information to every site you visit;
because few people run tor, traffic can be corellated;
because few people operate tor nodes, the network itself is poisoned by malignant government agencies;
because tor was develiped by the us military to destabilize foreign governments, not for you to be anonymous.

if you want deniability, run a tor node yourself, run a public wifi acess point hooked up to it, and instread of a browser, follow the example of stallman and wget shit on TAILS/Whonix to be perused on an airgapped machine in a hidden volume of a FDE harddrive, while mainataining plausible "cover" document activity on the fake volume should you be compelled to decrypt it.

Anytime you visit a website there is usually tons of scripts running in the background collecting data on you. These can then be compared with other data sets to figure out exactly who you are even if you're behind a bunch of proxies.

It becomes much harder to identify someone once they've blocked all scripts. Problem of course is that most people visit sites that need scripts to function so they just don't disable them.

Literally nothing can make you anonymous. Everything can be traced back to something only retards think "hurr durr i iz anonimoose".

So even if you block all third party scripts yet enable the scripts needed to run the website, the first party scripts are still tracking you? e.g. if I go on Facebook using Tor with NoScript, but in order for the websites to load, I enable the Facebook scripts yet block all others like double-click, Facebook would still have my data?

Clearly it's spelt with an

Qubes > Tails

Attached: 1548575801390.gif (728x408, 2.29M)

Some TOR source code for you.
void encrypt_user_data(void* data) {
send_to_nsa(data);
return encrypt(data);
}

>Not using Tor on a different device paid with cash on a different wifi hotspot each time.

They might not get as much data but they'll still get some and that some is usually enough to identify you. Facebook itself collects insane amounts of data on you regardless of how you try to avoid it. Its really stupid to assume you can go on there and be anonymous. That's not the same as you absolutely will get caught but you can never know if you're not getting caught because you're avoiding detection or because they are just letting you relax and make a mistake.

I mean, its obvious an ultra paranoid mentality but thats kind of what you need to be in if you're gonna commit crimes online.

I don't commit crimes online and have no intention to do so. I only want privacy and data protection like the EU's GDPR such as visiting a website without the website knowing my location, curating a "personalized experience" and all the other data that they sell to advertisers and other third parties. Ex: visiting IMDB to simply look up a film and seeing floods of ads, tracking features like "movie theaters near you" and "recently viewed," and other creepiness. I want to block it all.

Business idea: Jow Forumsentlemen create open-source PARANOIA browser

Facebook has jewgle level data collection.

Do you guys ever provide court cases/sentences with details about cybercriminals being caught as evidence for your arguments, or is it baseless Jow Forumstard persecution paranoia?

That actually takes an insane amounts of work.

Like you'll have to block all scripts, all ads, clear cookies and browser history multiple times a day, run your OS in a virtual machine that you're constantly deleting and reinstalling, switch browsers regularly, create new email accounts regularly, abandon and sign up for new accounts on your websites regularly, unplug your microphones and webcams permanently, switch phones regularly, deny all your apps permissions to all kinds of shit on your phone, never use anything connected to amazon, facebook or google ever, and switch service provider regularly as well, you'll probably also have to switch between different keyboard layouts regularly as well, and change your cursor speed and shit regularly.

And all of this is assuming that google, facebook, etc. don't have systems that can detect all of this shit despite your best efforts.

Semi-related

Some old person showed me something on their smartphone, for half second there was a weird .onion link in the URL and page failing to connect, before it redirected to the page they had open. Obviously some sort of Android malware, anyone have more details what thats about?

parallel construction is the enabler of the surveillance state; no need to disclose an 0day or who you have under an NSL, whatever.

for most concerns it's general Jow Forumstard paranoia though.

I used to be paranoid as hell, but you'd think that we'd have heard of hundreds of victims of mass surveillance / parallel construction. Somebody would've been suspicious enough (especially criminals) and thought "hey, how did they know where to look" and spoken about it.

I think people like Snowden and Bill Binney are just fearmongers hyping up how potent mass surveillance is. In reality it's probably just a ton of data that no one knows what to do with, so it just fills endless folders that never get opened.

I can't even be bothered to go through my meme folder, let alone my browsing history. The govt has 1 million people on the terror watch list, half a million officials in the country to worry about, dozens of millions of rich and influential foreigners. No one's gonna bother with you unless you're literally in government or can influence millions of lives.

I wonder (((who))) is behind this post

Most of the data that facebook collects isn't good enough to be used as evidence during a criminal trail but they can still give cops a direction during an investigation. If the leads are solid, the solid evidence they collect is used during the trail. Most of the time you're commiting enough mistakes IRL that cops never have to start collecting your online shit. Like if you're selling drugs, chances are that someone IRL knows about it and will spill the beans.

If you're just a normal person, you don't have to worry of course. But if you're into with CP, selling large amounts of drugs, planning acts of terrorism, etc. yes, you should be insanely paranoid.

Secondly, Facebok and Google collect insane amounts of data for their own purposes as well. They don't give a shit if you commit crimes or not. They just want to keep track of your online and offline activity so that they can throw ads in your face. Like if you have facebook apps installed on your phone and haven't fiddled with the settings, Facebook absolutely knows your location, is actively listening to your your microphone and camera and reads through your texts and emails. They don't do this to be evil, they literally do it to sell adverts directed to you. Its not crazy conspiracy shit, its been on the news so often that most people don't even think about it anymore.

They collect stuff so that it can be used at a later date once you become a person of interest. This stuff is also not applicable to normal people. The NSA targets high level criminals, foreign officials and diplomats. The thing is that the best way to do that is by collecting data on literally everyone because you don't know who might be president of Germany in 10-20 years

Umm nope.

There's documentions on the sites of tails, whonix, qubes. You might want to check them out.

Nope, they just have different flaws and btw you are using Whonix on Qubes. Qubes is just a compartmentalized experimental OS.

because you leave JS on